The British!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet
The British!

Post by RudeBoy »

So how come they are jumping about having heart attacks because Arsenal had a squad of Non-Britsh players yet see nothing wrong with work places not fully representing the colour percentage popoulation in the UK?

They say Arsenal should buy and play British irrespective of talent (positive discrimination). But when it comes to the work place they say no quota system or positive discrimination because it is wrong. Only those truly talented should come through they say. What a racist bunch of so and so's!
TD
Egg
Egg
Re: The British!

Post by TD »

RudeBoy wrote:So how come they are jumping about having heart attacks because Arsenal had a squad of Non-Britsh players yet see nothing wrong with work places not fully representing the colour percentage popoulation in the UK?

They say Arsenal should buy and play British irrespective of talent (positive discrimination). But when it comes to the work place they say no quota system or positive discrimination because it is wrong. Only those truly talented should come through they say. What a racist bunch of so and so's!
I don't think so. Most countries will discriminate positively with respect to their own citizens against foreign nationals, however the second part of your question demands that the state discriminate amongst citizens. That's a lot harder to sell, though, in instances, socially desirable.
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Rudeboy i am with you on that one. I bet if Arsenal had fielded a team of foreigners that were all white there wouldnt be such a big fuss. Arsenal sometimes attracts hatred coz of its prdominantly black players.

The fact is if English players were good they would get in the team. British people see no problem in running British company in a foreign country and staffing it with their own even when the locals are qualified for the jobs so they are a bunch of hypocrites.
The wise speak when they have something to say,
fools speak when they have to say something.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its our business to stir it up
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

tendai101 wrote:Rudeboy i am with you on that one. I bet if Arsenal had fielded a team of foreigners that were all white there wouldnt be such a big fuss. Arsenal sometimes attracts hatred coz of its prdominantly black players.

The fact is if English players were good they would get in the team. British people see no problem in running British company in a foreign country and staffing it with their own even when the locals are qualified for the jobs so they are a bunch of hypocrites.
If they were that hypocritical, they wouldn't have let you into their country in the first place.
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

RB the two are slightly different.

i believe if all the players were black and british, nobody would complain openly. but on the other hand if all the players are white and foriegn you would still hear complaints.
every country calls for positive discrimination to favour its citizens even naija!
but when it comes to discrimination amongst the citizens then that is a too controversial
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The British!

Post by mcal »

TD wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:So how come they are jumping about having heart attacks because Arsenal had a squad of Non-Britsh players yet see nothing wrong with work places not fully representing the colour percentage popoulation in the UK?

I don't think so. Most countries will discriminate positively with respect to their own citizens against foreign nationals, however the second part of your question demands that the state discriminate amongst citizens. That's a lot harder to sell, though, in instances, socially desirable.
Football players are professionals, thereby, expartriates. The should enjoy the best possible position as is in Africa, and else where.