[WC2014] France 2-0 Nigeria: FT (Pogba, Yobo(OG))

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

goldenera94
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC2014] France 2-0 Nigeria: FT (Pogba, Yobo(OG))

Post by goldenera94 »

Keshi and his boys are below international norm and standard. A coach in his right mind came along with a lot of lightweights.
Goldenera94
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Keshi postgame, blasting the ref about Onazi ,,says the ref is biased ..bobo is blasting the ref :clap: :clap:

I don't blame the guy. Matuidi and Evra were committing some serious crimes all day.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

KEshi players i would have invited but not here Dike and Balogun :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:You guys are so emotional that you fail to realize we were beaten by a tactically better team.. Onazi goes off but the eagles actually player better for about 6 - 8 mins with Reuben leave your emotions and rewatch from about the 59 '

Then in the 62 mins France made the change that killed us - he brought in Griezman and in two mins he alone injured ambrose and created a chance that forced the Enyeama change.. ( Benzema)..

Then forced a save himself with a shot..

Then came the first goal...

That is what you call a tactical change ..this is where I fault Keshi..since he had committed to the Reuben change before Griezman ... He needed one of the faster defenders ( read Ambrose ) tracking Griezman runs and someone else ( osaze or Musa ) tracking Benzema.. Reuben , nor Mikel could not track Griezman..

You say Our defenders where sleeping for the second goal but it was all Greizman again that moved into the hole between Enyeama and Yobo ( something Giroud did not do for 60 mins.

O pari.. I like that boy so I am shrining him and he will go places..

tell Wenger to sign him...that will be the only bright spot to this sad loss.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

balo wrote:
kalani JR wrote:This result hurts.

The challenge on Onazi was intentional and for a reason. Once he was taken off, the Eagles became not so super.
Where was Mikel?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

goldenera94 wrote:Keshi and his boys are below international norm and standard. A coach in his right mind came along with a lot of lightweights.
goldenera, the team just traded punches for 80mins with the best UNIT in this cup and that's what you come up with?

Get your mind right.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Coach wrote:
balo wrote:

The challenge on Onazi was intentional and for a reason. Once he was taken off, the Eagles became not so super.
Where was Mikel?

Coache, he was dodging Osas
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [WC2014] France 2-0 Nigeria: 2nd H

Post by mcal »

okidoki wrote:Yobo man of the match.
...a memorable 100
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
aamimar wrote:Hard luck Nigeria, the game was there for the taking, France was ordinary. Didn't like Obowinge when he was winking and smiling at the camera during the national anthem.
The good thing was that ALL our senior players were culpable...
There were individual errors. We can blame Enyeama for the first goal, but nobody covered the line for him...

The French had problems dealing with Nigeria, esp with the brain fart of starting Giroud

But they adjusted with Greizman and we had no response. Plus we had no player on the bench who could change things...
Can't argue with any of your points...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:
platinum wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:It hurts; it really hurts...

We could've done more in this WC.

Too many decisions that did not pan out...

Too many problems left to fester...
At the end like you pointed out, it will rest on the foot of the coach.

Its a solid French team, but there are no special teams so far in this WC.

With better management we could've done more with the advantages we had in this game...

Yup. This is why I think the Argentines may nick it. No special teams in this tournament but albiceleste have far and away the best player PLUS firepowerr ound him that actually tries.

Underwhelming from us once they scored. I'm not going to bother analyzing us because the things that were missing after they scored are not quantifiable. How a team can just deflate and show ZERO heart like that is baffling.

Painful.
They were tired. I always thought we needed to score first in this game...

You get eyes for head my friend. This game was always going to the first scorer. We score first and they pull that deep line up and leave spaces behind for musa and emenike. Anyway, i'm gassed and fatigued just from yelling at the tv and mikel.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

For me the summary of this painful loss is summed thus... We had France where we wanted them but lacked the resources and personnel to finish off the job. In football it is a form of crime punishable the way France did.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Coach wrote:
balo wrote:

Where was Mikel?
...the worse I have seen him throughout this campaign
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

That was a textbook Nigerian defeat/ A very textbook Nigerian defeat.

It is funny that we say football is not maths, but maths could have predicted this match EXACTLY!

I think the goals from France, were probably not even accidental, but they expected to win the game like this! They probably studied our tapes!

They know that in our attacking play, we are largely inefficient and we also waste set pieces, so they would have absorbed the pressure in wait for the 2nd half.

They also knew that just like in the Argentina match, if they controlled that midfield..that it would be game set and match and they also knew how useless Nigeria has ALWAYS been with setpieces. So they knew that if they just kept applying pressure, it was only a matter of time before they got their shot.

Statistically, a lot of goals come in around the 80 minute mark, so they also knew that a Nigerian side that tends to peter away late on, would be there for the taking!

Nigeria really shot themselves in the foot! Very Naive! We could damn well have won this match! Damn Well! France were not as good as I expected.

1 Mistake we made was losing that midfield battle, we conceded too much space throughout the entire match and when they had the ball, we were only defending with one line of defense. Remember when I made a post about how the Japanese organize themselves! Falling back into 2 lines and then breaking out into angles!

Another mistake we made, was sitting back around the 50th to 80th minute mark! The last thing a side like Nigeria, that is not a true defense machine needed to do, was sit back and invite the French! We are not Iran, Greece etc...we CANNOT do that! So that was a massive and naive mistake...they applied too much pressure and it was only a matter of time!

What we needed to do was re-energize our attack and in turn, that would reduce the pressure! Of course another mistake we made and I mentioned this before the tournament even commenced, was depth! I warned people and they thought I was joking! I told people that I watch Nigerian matches! I am not a twitter or a Livescore fan! And I told Nigerians that the Confed Squad level team was not good enough! I told them, that I do not care if you are African Champs! I said, it was not good enough! I told people that it was a good start, but we needed more depth.

France had the depth, if they needed it, but they didn't! They only made 1 tactical change. We needed depth in this match! Just like we needed depth against Spain in the Confederations Cup! That sub in for Nwofor late on, was just pure desperation! Really we needed to make a sub around the 50th or 60th minute mark, for a player with REAL quality and dynamism!

We did not come into this tournament with enough options! Actually one thing I will give Keshi credit for, was that he was able to reorganize the Starting XI with two unknowns! Oshaniwa and Babatunde! but it seems that all he ended up doing, was shuffling the XI and changing its appearance. We still did not have a bench! Notice the level of hesitation, when Onazi came off!

Keshi tells the press, that all the players can come on and are up to the task! But, why then was a Ramon Azeez halted as he was midway through his dress up? Why the long hesitation? Why could we not muster an impact sub? Well probably because we had none!

Keshi is definitely a good coach! He is definitely a good AFCON and 2nd round coach! But a good coach at the highest levels of football, I highly doubt that! AFCON is NOT the highest levels of football.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Siddonlook11 wrote:You guys are so emotional that you fail to realize we were beaten by a tactically better team.. Onazi goes off but the eagles actually player better for about 6 - 8 mins with Reuben leave your emotions and rewatch from about the 59 '

Then in the 62 mins France made the change that killed us - he brought in Griezman and in two mins he alone injured ambrose and created a chance that forced the Enyeama change.. ( Benzema)..

Then forced a save himself with a shot..

Then came the first goal...

That is what you call a tactical change ..this is where I fault Keshi..since he had committed to the Reuben change before Griezman ... He needed one of the faster defenders ( read Ambrose ) tracking Griezman runs and someone else ( osaze or Musa ) tracking Benzema.. Reuben , nor Mikel could not track Griezman..

You say Our defenders where sleeping for the second goal but it was all Greizman again that moved into the hole between Enyeama and Yobo ( something Giroud did not do for 60 mins.

O pari.. I like that boy so I am shrining him and he will go places..
Griezmann was a good change but we didn't help matters. Once they scored, we went to sleep. There was no one pressing the guy who played that pass in, france could have added another 3 if they had time, we were done at that point.

Griezmann gave them width they hadnt had before but if we'd kept everything in front of us, I doubt he'd have caused much trouble. What he did was help pin back Ambrose. Musa and Osas were not going to help track anyone either, those guys were gassed.

Anyway, lets see what our government/FA does next, lets see whether they will throw away the whole thing or build on this.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

nim wrote:Imagine allowing moses to stink up the joint for 80 mins without any substitutions...also replacing onazi with Gabriel...

In short,

Keshi is a MORON.

End of story..

Osaze, Enyeama, Omeruo, you have my respects.

The rest?.... Eff y'all!...yep including the coach.

Let a new era begin. Bring in Manu's boys who play with fire in their bellies and wisdom in their heads... And a technically sound coach to imbibe positive football. Not this crappy garbage that we've been force fed with.

Nonsense.
...take am easy, unless u change the thieves na business as usual
Last edited by mcal on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

oloye wrote:For me the summary of this painful loss is summed thus... We had France where we wanted them but lacked the resources and personnel to finish off the job. In football it is a form of crime punishable the way France did.
:clap: Sums it up...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
wolverine
Egg
Egg

Post by wolverine »

Decent performance by the Super Eagles. A win was there for the taking, however, the ref did favour France in this game, clear example being the foul committed on Osaze by Evra. If one of our players committed that same offence, you can guarantee the ref will blow the whistle and point to the spot without hesitation. Also, Matuidi should not be allowed to get away with rugby tackle after rugby tackle without seeing Red. Anyway, the boys tried. The dejection they displayed after conceding showed how much they wanted to win.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

The Super Eagles gave up at the 70th minute. I am not sure why bu the Les Bleus see physically better. That I think was the difference today.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I don't know if the ref got clear view of the foul on Nazi or else should have been red
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

This game is too painful
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:KEshi players i would have invited but not here Dike and Balogun :clap: :clap: :clap:
If Keshi really believes Bright Dike was the missing piece in this team, then he is indeed an angel*.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i vex say them remove Giroud.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: that is the worst player ever.. guess who he plays for assanal :laugh: :laugh:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Cally wrote:
oloye wrote:For me the summary of this painful loss is summed thus... We had France where we wanted them but lacked the resources and personnel to finish off the job. In football it is a form of crime punishable the way France did.
:clap: Sums it up...
Goodluck with the natives according to Cellular to see that point.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I