KOC come iniside: NFA pays AIT to air matches?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
KOC come iniside: NFA pays AIT to air matches?

Post by furiously frank »

From The Guardian

Why we pay indemnity to referees, by Falode
By Gowon Akpodonor

A MEMBER of the League Management Committee, Aisha Falode has given reasons for the payment of indemnity to the various referees handling the Globacom Premier League matches.

Falode, who spoke with The Guardian yesterday on phone stated that the move is to help reduce the level of contact between the referees and the various team officials.

"If you look at the Nigerian league, one major problem we have is this issue of corruption. It is generally believed that some home teams capitalised on the payment of indemnity to influence the decisions of the referees. What we are doing now is to see how best we can reduce the level of contact between the referees and the various teams. This will go a long way in reducing bias officiating in the league," Falode stated.

She also defended the weekly payment of money to the Africa Independent Television (AIT) for showing the league matches.

"When the draws for the ongoing Premier League were done in Abuja, all other television stations demanded for money before showing the draws to Nigerians. It was only AIT that agreed to beam the draws free of charge. And we all know the difficulties involved in moving television equipment and their crew across the country. What we are doing now is just give some financial assistance to AIT to move their equipment and crew members round the match venues for the first three matches. It is not that we have taken AIT as the television station for the league. We are only giving them a little amount of money to assist them," she added.

Falode, who could not disclose the amount of money being paid to AIT on weekly basis, to show the league matches, however, called on Nigerians to assist the committee to realise the set objectives of raising the standard of the local league.

Are they even aware that we pay to watch AIT here in the states? Why pay them?
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that Aisha Falode was a presenter at AIT before being appointed by her "alleged" boyfriend to the LMC.. :P
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Mister Dolly wrote:I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that Aisha Falode was a presenter at AIT before being appointed by her "alleged" boyfriend to the LMC.. :P
MD, I thought Aisha Falode now have a position with the new NFL. I am talking about the same Aisha that presents that sport programme on AIT. Abi na lie? :?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Robbynice wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that Aisha Falode was a presenter at AIT before being appointed by her "alleged" boyfriend to the LMC.. :P
MD, I thought Aisha Falode now have a position with the new NFL. I am talking about the same Aisha that presents that sport programme on AIT. Abi na lie? :?
The LMC runs the new NFL..
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

While the IMC has so far started well this payment to AIT will become an albatross. Kojo Williams addresses this issue in an article and those longtime critics succh as Ojeikere have to stand up and find sponsors after they hadve spent their careers criticizing sponsors attracted by others before them. It is time to put up.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

In general, what obtains elsewhere is normally the reverse in Nigeria. For instance, Enyimba have to pay NTA about N3m every game for their Champions League matches to be aired.

That is why Rangers games are not on TV, because they cannot afford to pay.

I have told them time and again that the TV stations should bid for the rights to Enyimba games, and be made to pay the club. But nobody is listening.

To make matters worse, the TV stations then go ahead to get sponsorships for these games, and then air the commercials without remitting a kobo to the club.

These are issues I have been battling with, but there are undertones to this that go beyond the ordinary, and some of the people involved are people who should know better.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

So what do the clubs gain by paying stations to show their games?
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

However, what I understand from the NFL is that this is only temporary.

There are TV stations bidding for the rights from outside Naija ( i am not at liberty to name names), and as soon as that is sorted out, the NFL will be guaranteed some cash.

In the meantime, the cost of broadcast is split between the NFL and AIT.

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

KickOff Chief wrote:However, what I understand from the NFL is that this is only temporary.

There are TV stations bidding for the rights from outside Naija ( i am not at liberty to name names), and as soon as that is sorted out, the NFL will be guaranteed some cash.
These foreign stations will begin broadcasting this season?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

27 wrote:So what do the clubs gain by paying stations to show their games?
Exactly! Good question. Enyimba could/should even try and get foreign channels to bid for/and broadcast its games. Overseas based Nigerian fans would love to watch Nigerian teams on their foreign cable or satellite channels like BEN.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

KickOff Chief wrote:However, what I understand from the NFL is that this is only temporary.

KOC:

Frankly, I hope you are correct because I cannot understand why the NPL games will not be attractive to sponsors when they (the sponsors) are most certainly going to be able to recover the expenditure through commercials and visibility in the newspaper/broadcast reports.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

KOC, are league games shown live now by any station?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Sorry guy, but evey inch of authority in our country has become a joke :!: :evil:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

We have seen two live matches on TV this season.

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

KickOff Chief wrote:We have seen two live matches on TV this season.
How sad :cry:

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
ayomeks
Egg
Egg

Post by ayomeks »

what is sad about showing two matches?
To contibute my quota
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Gradually we are getting there. We should all be mindfull of those that want things to stay as they are.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

The NFL is crying out for a wise one amongst you. Someone with the quick thinking brain of Alan Wright who bought the rights to Italian football in the UK for peanuts and sold them to Channel 4 for a lot of money. If Nigerian teams are paying to have matches shown just imagine how happy they woud be to recieve as little as $1000 per match if you had the time and initiative to do that and then flog them to cable stations around the world!!!
ayomeks
Egg
Egg

Post by ayomeks »

Rudeboy you can do that and then see it .................
To contibute my quota
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

ayomeks wrote:what is sad about showing two matches?
You don't think there's anything sad about showing only 2 matches live since the league started? WOW! Let me ask you this, how many foreign league games do you think has been shown LIVE in Nigeria since OUR OWN league started?

tribalfootball.com
Egg
Egg

Post by tribalfootball.com »

Very correct .
Jesus loves u
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Who is this Aisha Falode chick? The wren I know of is Modele "something-something" who just like her colleagues like Akinloye Oyebanji always almost highlighted her ignorance of the game whenever given the opportunity.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

theYemster wrote:Who is this Aisha Falode chick? The wren I know of is Modele "something-something" who just like her colleagues like Akinloye Oyebanji always almost highlighted her ignorance of the game whenever given the opportunity.
You probably mean the "ponmo" (thick) lipped Modele Sharafa-Yussuf.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]