My boys are ready for Congo clash, says Keshi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

on November 12, 2014 / in Sports 11:06 am / Comments

Abuja – Stephen Keshi, Super Eagles’ Head Coach, on Tuesday in Abuja said that the team was focused and ready for its crucial make-or-mar game against Congo Brazzaville in Pointe Noire.

The Super Eagles have begun full training in preparation for the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier clash against the Red Devils in Pointe Noire.

Keshi
It was a full house as all 23 invited players except Captain Vincent Enyeama and Ikechukwu Uche were present for the training which took place at the FIFA Goal Project pitch, National Stadium.

Also Mikel Obi, Emmanuel Emenike and Emem Uduok gave a good account of themselves as they all scored in a warm-up game.

Keshi, who spoke to newsmen after the training, expressed confidence in the ability of the team, adding that he was positive about their fitness and readiness for the clash.

“What I saw this evening is encouraging and I just hope it continues that way.

“The boys are focused and of course they know why they are here; it’s the business and so we have to go and do what we need to do.

“We just have to be ready. This is African football.

“ It is not European football and so I always tell my players that once they leave Europe they must switch from the European to African mentality,’’ he said.

On the absence of Enyeama and Uche, Coach Keshi said that they were expected to arrive in camp later in the day.

The Super Eagles are expected to leave for Pointe Noire on Thursday for Saturday’s game.

Nigeria has sealed four points from four matches while Sudan is at the bottom of the Group A table with three points.

South Africa is leading the group with eight points followed by Congo with seven points. (NAN)

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/boys ... z0xvl.dpuf
otite
Egg
Egg
Re: My boys are ready for Congo clash, says Keshi

Post by otite »

My Oga at the top say no shaking, we go win.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

I hope I can watch the match live.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Sir V wrote:I hope I can watch the match live.
You don drop? :taunt: :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

otite wrote:Image

My Oga at the top say no shaking, we go win.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I hope training on natural pitch will fly with playing on Congo's astro turf
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Robbynice wrote:
Your man don collect all the drop. :lol:
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

Keshi: Congolese will be hostile

on November 14, 2014 / in Sports 1:17 am / Comments

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has warned his squad to expect nothing less than a hostile Congo when the sides clash in 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying action this weekend.

Keshi is expecting nothing less than a full-blooded encounter, saying: “The Congolese can be hostile, we have experienced it several times but we don’t know how it is going to come on Saturday.

Head coach Stephen Keshi of Nigeria gestures during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Group F match between Nigeria and Bosnia-Herzegovina at Arena Pantanal on June 21, 2014 in Cuiaba, Brazil. (Photo by Clive Mason – FIFA/FIFA
“But we have been talking to the players because African football requires the African mentality.”

Keshi’s continued presence with Nigeria remains steeped in controversy, with the tactician not officially contracted as head coach following the expiration of his previous deal earlier this year.

He explained: “I have not had any meeting with NFF. I have had meeting with the minister, that’s all. The minister was the one that asked me to come. You all know that we don’t have contract, we are just doing what we can for our country. We also want our country to excel, that’s why we are here.

Also going by the sparkling performance of the players in camp and a strong case made by Super Eagles boss, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), leadership agreed that all 25 players who have been in camp in the last week travel for the duel against Congo this weekend and play South Africa next Wednesday.

An obviously happy Keshi, who spoke through his assistant, Dan ‘the Bull’ Amokachi and team administrator, Dayo Enebi Achor, announced that the team will also be led by NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, but will have such eminent person-alities as the Senate Committee Chairman on Sports, Sen Ibrahim Gumba and a member of the House of Representatives Committee on Sports, Hon Mudashiru Oyetu-nde on board the flight to Congo.

The chartered Discovery Airliner is expected to take approximately three hours to get to Congo Brazzaville. Keshi simply said at the end of the training session that the team worked hard enough and the result will show on Saturday. “Tell Nigerians to just pray for the team and believe that we can deliver”, he declared.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/kesh ... U5B7Y.dpuf
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

"You all know that we don’t have contract, we are just doing what we can for our country."
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The YeyeMan wrote:
"You all know that we don’t have contract, we are just doing what we can for our country."
:lol:
Chief Coach Keshi is definitely a patriot... :D

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

anointed wrote:I hope training on natural pitch will fly with playing on Congo's astro turf
They trained on an artificial pitch
yes o
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

papilo wrote:
anointed wrote:I hope training on natural pitch will fly with playing on Congo's astro turf
My brother I weak for some people oh...smh

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Sir V wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

100%Naija wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nigerian football is a complete and utter joke
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:smile: Only a win will save his neck from the chop board. :scared:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

My Congolese friend Kabongo, said their coach will be too experience for Keshi and their players are seriously ready for the clash
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Robbynice wrote:
papilo wrote:
You and your asinine comments...smh too 8-)

Do you want to share info on the artificial pitch they trained on?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Sir V wrote:My Congolese friend Kabongo, said their coach will be too experience for Keshi and their players are seriously ready for the clash
Experience as in... winning the nation's cup and world cup second round.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Sir V wrote:My Congolese friend Kabongo, said their coach will be too experience for Keshi and their players are seriously ready for the clash
Sir V,

Could that be Kabongo N'goy by any chance? That was a player, but then I think he played for Zaire now DRC.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

fabio wrote:
Experience as in... winning the nation's cup and world cup second round.
Okpakbio, this is getting tiring now. Please find something new to tell this board. SMHBT.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Goldleaf wrote:
Sir V,

Could that be Kabongo N'goy by any chance? That was a player, but then I think he played for Zaire now DRC.
Yes. Scored a spectacular goal in the 88 afcon
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

anointed wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
papilo wrote:
You and your asinine comments...smh too 8-)

Do you want to share info on the artificial pitch they trained on?
The Super Eagles were scheduled to train at the Warri Stadium which has an artificial turf which is what the team will face in Congo, but that also looks dicey as logistics related to the travelling arrangements are still being sorted out.

Sources at the Nigeria Football Federation told supersport.com that the team is scheduled to leave for Congo on Thursday on a chartered flight prior to the game on Saturday.

"The training in Warri which was initially planned looks shaky because of the travelling arrangements. I can't say for certain how it will work.
http://www.supersport.com/football/supe ... ire_battle
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Let's be honest, Keshi is not a serious coach. I am not sure if this guy has learned anything from the brief sack. This is a damn shame!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****