BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2014/2015 SEASON THREAD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: If you were Matic, what would you have done?

Post by juventuss »

If Matic was going to get a red card, he should have gotten one that was worthy of a send off.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2014/2015 SEASON THREAD

Post by Ekorian »

analyzer wrote:My own be say the Squad is too thin, the squad is too thin compared to other major teams..
Jose MUST start trusting those youth players (mostly midfielders/attackers) or will totally burn out his regular starters.. Also give Remy/Luis more game time.. probably see Zouma start tomorrow.
Are you for real? Our 11 reserves is probably better than many EPL teams. The truth is that Oscar has been a shadow of himself , Ramires is now average and Fabregas is fading like a Bangkok linen and Mourinho don't have much confidence in the youth...
Cech for Coutois?
Luis for Azpilicueta?
Zouma for Cahill?
Mikel for Matic?
Ramires for Fabregas?
With Cuadrado, Ake, Loftus Cheek, Solanke, Drogba and Remy?

Calling this team thin is stretching the truth IMO.....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Matic is a fool and i hope FA give him 6 game ban for fighting.
If i was him(Tufiakwa) i will not attack the players but if i do i will give the guy one hit like Iron Mike used to do at the boxing ring.Lets not act like Barnes went to break his leg,it was accident,What if the ref has seen it and give him a yellow card or red,will Matic attack him again?
Cahill almost break Sanchez leg and get just yellow,should Sanchez has gone mad at cahill?
Matic reaction was wrong and a well deserved red card.Diaby did the same against New castle and it cost us two points after we have to play with 10 men.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

juventuss wrote:If Matic was going to get a red card, he should have gotten one that was worthy of a send off.
My thoughts exactly...

Headbutt and a raising... :-x
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

That was a bad tackle.

But was it intentional? If it was not intentional, when go fighting/losing your head? If Matic, deemed it was intentional, he should have done it the old school - like 1010 (TenTen) of the past would do. For the sake of incriminating myself, I will end it right there.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: West Ham .F.C trholl Chelsea F.C.

Post by Coach »

Anti-Semitic chanting before West Ham match probed

Video footage has emerged of a group of men, thought to be West Ham fans, chanting anti-Semitic abuse on a train in north London.

Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out has contacted police over the footage, filmed on Sunday.

The video appeared on social media showing fans on the way to the 2-2 draw with Tottenham at White Hart Lane.

West Ham said it had a "zero-tolerance policy" and perpetrators could be banned from the club's ground for life.

It had warned fans before the match that "any form of discriminatory behaviour" would not be tolerated.

Most Spurs fans are not Jewish but the club has a historical association with London's Jewish community.

The latest controversy comes after Chelsea supporters were filmed pushing a black man from a train on the Paris Metro last week.

'Wholly unacceptable'
Police are also investigating racist chanting at St Pancras station by men thought to be Chelsea fans returning from the Champions League match in Paris.

The latest footage was uploaded to Twitter by Spurs fan @RomanGeezer, who tweeted: "On the train on the way to the game, West Ham fans break into song in Stamford Hill, a Jewish area, scum."

A British Transport Police spokesman said: "We are encouraged the public has the confidence to report incidents of inappropriate and offensive football-related behaviour to us.

"We take these incidents very seriously, and it is clear what happened on the Paris Metro and at St Pancras the following night were not isolated events."

A West Ham spokesman said: "If any individual is found to have behaved in an inappropriate way, the club's simple, zero-tolerance policy dictates that they will face the strongest possible action, including the option of a life ban from the Boleyn Ground."

Tottenham said it hoped those involved would be identified and dealt with seriously.

A spokesman for the club said: "Anti-Semitism in any form is wholly unacceptable and we support all efforts to kick it out of the game.

"We hope that those individuals responsible for this vile behaviour are identified and dealt with in the strongest way possible."

thebeeb.co.uk
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The foul was bad but Matic was silly to hit the guy. Unlike mikel his nerves have never been tested at the highest level.
4 red cards.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Cellular wrote:
juventuss wrote:If Matic was going to get a red card, he should have gotten one that was worthy of a send off.
My thoughts exactly...

Headbutt and a raising... :-x
....eph that! :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Quoting a certain somebody managing a certain team, after one of his players(BP knows the player better than everybody here :sneaky:) nearly broke a certain somebody from a certain team's leg in half, "It was a fair and firm tackle, football is game of men".
or when a certain south American was given a welcome to the premier league reducer by a certain english thoroughbred , whilst laying on the ground shrieking with pain; a certain manager asked the said South American this. I quote "what the **** are you trying to do?" "stand the **** up and get on with the programme".

Why was Matic getting on the way of Ashely Barnes when he was innocently trying to kick air or practice kung-fu :lol: :sneaky: :sneaky: :lol: :woot: ?
Matter of fact, Matic should apologize for getting on the way another man's when doing his routines for mixed martial arts :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .

So the answer to that question Mr Pokey is; matic should have done nothing but get on with the programme. football is a game of men.
Isn't it what his manager once said?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I watched a clip in one of the lower leagues, where a guy rugby tackled a striker..well the striker simply got up, picked up the defender and slam dunked him on the floor , it was hilarious..it is trending on Facebook. Even more laughable was the reaction of his team mates as soon as the striker completed the move that would the WWF wrestlers and Rugby players proud..there was a team mate of his who simply raised his hands and put both on his heads, he knew a red card was imminent...deservedly the bobo got red carded!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

oloye wrote:I watched a clip in one of the lower leagues, where a guy rugby tackled a striker..well the striker simply got up, picked up the defender and slam dunked him on the floor , it was hilarious..it is trending on Facebook. Even more laughable was the reaction of his team mates as soon as the striker completed the move that would the WWF wrestlers and Rugby players proud..there was a team mate of his who simply raised his hands and put both on his heads, he knew a red card was imminent...deservedly the bobo got red carded!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matic is Human.. In such cases, hard to fault him much for his reaction. At least he had the presence of mind just to push Barnes vs. a punch or more violent conduct. He will learn...
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:Quoting a certain somebody managing a certain team, after one of his players(BP knows the player better than everybody here :sneaky:) nearly broke a certain somebody from a certain team's leg in half, "It was a fair and firm tackle, football is game of men".
or when a certain south American was given a welcome to the premier league reducer by a certain english thoroughbred , whilst laying on the ground shrieking with pain; a certain manager asked the said South American this. I quote "what the #$% are you trying to do?" "stand the #$% up and get on with the programme".

Why was Matic getting on the way of Ashely Barnes when he was innocently trying to kick air or practice kung-fu :lol: :sneaky: :sneaky: :lol: :woot: ?
Matter of fact, Matic should apologize for getting on the way another man's when doing his routines for mixed martial arts :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .

So the answer to that question Mr Pokey is; matic should have done nothing but get on with the programme. football is a game of men.
Isn't it what his manager once said?
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That tackle was very similar to the one that took out Onazi vs France, just higher up.
Accidental but reckless nonetheless and shoulda earned a red card in both instances.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

analyzer wrote:
oloye wrote:I watched a clip in one of the lower leagues, where a guy rugby tackled a striker..well the striker simply got up, picked up the defender and slam dunked him on the floor , it was hilarious..it is trending on Facebook. Even more laughable was the reaction of his team mates as soon as the striker completed the move that would the WWF wrestlers and Rugby players proud..there was a team mate of his who simply raised his hands and put both on his heads, he knew a red card was imminent...deservedly the bobo got red carded!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matic is Human.. In such cases, hard to fault him much for his reaction. At least he had the presence of mind just to push Barnes vs. a punch or more violent conduct. He will learn...
[/video]

Typical English soccer, the player got a red. The tackler got a yellow.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cristao II wrote: [/video].
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
See the no 11 to the right of the picture. The guy just carry hand for head, say "dis wan pass me". :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ashley Barnes: FA take no action over Matic challenge

Post by Cristao II »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31590728

Burnley forward Ashley Barnes will face no disciplinary action by the Football Association for a challenge on Nemanja Matic in Saturday's draw at Chelsea.
Barnes won the ball but caught Matic high up on his shin with studs showing.
Matic was sent off for reacting angrily to the tackle as he pushed Barnes, who escaped any punishment, to the ground.
"The FA confirm no further action in relation to Ashley Barnes as the incident was seen by the officials," said English football's governing body.
Referee Martin Atkinson was in charge of the match and also decided not to take any action against Barnes for an earlier aerial clash with Branislav Ivanovic.
Atkinson won't referee this weekend, with a shortened fixture list due to the Capital One Cup final between Tottenham and Chelsea - which Matic now looks set to miss through suspension.
He will be the fourth official at Manchester United against Sunderland on Saturday, before taking charge of Crystal Palace's trip to Southampton on Tuesday, 3 March.
Former referees' chief Keith Hackett believes Atkinson needs a rest after describing his performance in the game as "incompetent".
The FA released a series of tweets explaining their rationale over the decision.
"In the vast majority of challenges for the ball, no retrospective action is taken as the incident has been seen by the match officials," it said.
"Retrospective action was introduced as a deterrent for 'off the ball incidents' committed out of sight of officials.
"The whole game is in agreement that, in the vast majority of cases, match officials are best-placed to deal with incidents to avoid re-refereeing."
Chelsea are to appeal against Matic's red card, while Blues boss Mourinho described the tackle from Barnes as "criminal".
"What are the consequences of his push? Nothing. The consequence for Matic from the tackle? It could be the end of his career," said Mourinho.
Alan Shearer wrote:"This is a horrific tackle by Ashley Barnes. It's dangerous, it's naughty. I understand that reaction from Nemanja Matic. It's not right, but I understand it, because Ashley Barnes could easily have broken his leg. Matic, for that, is going to miss the League Cup final. Barnes doesn't even get a yellow card."
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ashley Barnes: FA take no action over Matic challenge

Post by Ekorian »

Reverse the role and see what would have happened to Matic.
There's a secret campaign to make $hitty a back-to-back champion but the god of soccer won't allow such abomination....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

i approve of that body slam 100% :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Mourinho picked the wrong fight, he aint seen nothing yet :biggrin:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ekorian wrote:Reverse the role and see what would have happened to Matic.
There's a secret campaign to make $hitty a back-to-back champion but the god of soccer won't allow such abomination....
Oh please bro,the is no campaign,FA is right on this one.
I hope you remember last week game against Everton how Iva almost kill a fellow player and FA did not take further action..
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

metalalloy wrote:i approve of that body slam 100% :clap: :clap:
I wish there was a body slam button on FIFA for when Kizonzo and his thugs start to dey rake my players anyhow.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

analyzer wrote:
I wish there was a body slam button on FIFA for when Kizonzo and his thugs start to dey rake my players anyhow.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HA HA!! Oh boy, we need to jam sef. I believe dem don commot the ability for you to insert dat your ojoro "custom tactics"
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
analyzer wrote:

HA HA!! Oh boy, we need to jam sef. I believe dem don commot the ability for you to insert dat your ojoro "custom tactics"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved