Christian Chukwu questions Keshi, NFF’s relationship

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Christian Chukwu questions Keshi, NFF’s relationship

Post by Sir V »

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/04/ ... ationship/

SUPER Eagles’ former Coach, Christian Chukwu, says the Nigeria Football Federation’s (NFF) silence on the senior national team’s coaching situation is confusing and not in the best interest of the country, reports SL10.ng.

The NFF is yet to agree the terms of engagement with Stephen Keshi, whose deal as Super Eagles coach ended after Nigeria’s ouster from the Brazil 2014 World Cup, and Chukwu says it is becoming difficult to describe the situation, and also difficult to talk about.

“I think the whole situation is confusing because I really don’t understand what is going on there,” he said. “Does it mean Keshi is now their boss, or is the NFF the boss? Honestly I’m confused; I really don’t understand what is going on.

“I have talked enough about this issue and I don’t think I want to talk anymore about it,” he added. Keshi, had through his agent, Emmanuel Ado, issued a statement last week that sought to dismiss any suggestions he was having problems with the Glass House, especially with the embattled president, Amaju Pinnick.

Even though it wasn’t stated in the statement – which has now been famously described as Keshi’s ‘love letter’ to Pinnick – it is believed Keshi’s camp is growing cold feet, after his alleged major backer, Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan lost his re-election bid.

At the weekend, NFF Vice President, Seyi Akinwunmi, insisted that Keshi must apologise to the federation for allegedly saying that Pinnick was a liar.

“This is my contribution: Its true, you can’t just go on air and call the President of the Nigeria Football Federation a liar and then I would be happy that you are coming to work with that same Federation.

That means the next thing is that I’ll be the next in line,” Akinwunmi told SL10.ng “If you can tell my President off on air and you don’t apologise then my view is that you aren’t ready to work for the Federation. That’s my personal opinion and I hold it anywhere.

“If you want to work for the Federation, you can’t abuse the head of the Federation publicly and not show remorse, whether you are the best coach in the world or not, I really don’t care,” he said.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
otite
Egg
Egg
Re: Christian Chukwu questions Keshi, NFF’s relationship

Post by otite »

Dude, you just posted on the wrong forum.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Christian Chukwu questions Keshi, NFF’s relationship

Post by Sir V »

otite wrote:Dude, you just posted on the wrong forum.

my bad!
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt