BUSHBOY VS GARBA: THE PROSECUTION'S CASE (PT. 1)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BUSHBOY VS GARBA: THE PROSECUTION'S CASE (PT. 1)

Post by Sunset »

YUJAM wrote:He comes off the bench.

My brother, I am La Liga fan and I've followed Success for a while. I simply don't see the hype and the U-20 WC hasn't changed my views

When I look at a soccer player, I look at intangibles - things that you don't teach a player such as intelligence, effort on the field of play etc. I see intangibles in Awoniyi that I simply don't see in Success
Because he comes off the bench, If football was that simple it'll be no different to Fifa 15. One joined the team 2 weeks ago whilst the other has been with them since January?

I'm a La Liga fan as well and have been following Success there since he joined them, and the points you've made are your opinion, I view footballers (especially younger ones) in a similar way and I've seen him display all of those intangibles in La Liga, maybe you just didn't see him or you just personally don't like him. In my opinion Success has had a decent season given the group of players he had to play with. Even the Spanish media and people at Granada see his talent.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Sunset wrote:I'm a La Liga fan as well and have been following Success there since he joined them, and the points you've made are your opinion, I view footballers (especially younger ones) in a similar way and I've seen him display all of those intangibles in La Liga, maybe you just didn't see him or you just personally don't like him. In my opinion Success has had a decent season given the group of players he had to play with. Even the Spanish media and people at Granada see his talent.
I agree. This was a useless Granada team, which basically gave nothing for the strikers to feed off on. The midfielders in that squad dribbled incessantly and almost never thought about linking up. There passing range was terrible. Success was isolated up front and got no service. Almost no striker would score goals in such a setup...

Success still showed moments of class.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I think Bulbwa and Savior are the two that need to make way.

Iheanacho on the right and Simon or Yahaya on the left to form a trio with Awoniyi. Success can come from the bench.

Kelechi and Simon/Yahaya can cover as much ground as Bulbwa and Savior are currently doing whole giving us that quality on the ball. He can keep his midfield 3 as long as Idowu is there and Sokari is ahead of them. I believe this team will go places.....but its Manu's bed to lay on.

Up FE!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Sunset wrote:

My brother, I am La Liga fan and I've followed Success for a while. I simply don't see the hype and the U-20 WC hasn't changed my views

When I look at a soccer player, I look at intangibles - things that you don't teach a player such as intelligence, effort on the field of play etc. I see intangibles in Awoniyi that I simply don't see in Success
Because he comes off the bench, If football was that simple it'll be no different to Fifa 15. One joined the team 2 weeks ago whilst the other has been with them since January?

I'm a La Liga fan as well and have been following Success there since he joined them, and the points you've made are your opinion, I view footballers (especially younger ones) in a similar way and I've seen him display all of those intangibles in La Liga, maybe you just didn't see him or you just personally don't like him. In my opinion Success has had a decent season given the group of players he had to play with. Even the Spanish media and people at Granada see his talent.
My dear broda, don't bother with yujam. He is a hopeless case. I've never seen such a sentimental man in my whole life. He will set aside facts and go on his feeling. He can see "intangibles"....lol. The guy is funny sha. How anyone can know that one player:

Youngest to ever play in La Liga for Granada
Played over 19 games in his FIRST SEASON of pro football for the FIRST TEAM (even Ghana's pride and joy has not made the first team in 2 years)
Has scored a La Liga goal
Started the 2 biggest games his team played (Barca and Real)
Heading to serie A next season
Scored the SAME number of goals in FAR LESS minutes

But still be adamant that another player WHO HAS NOT PLAYED A SINGLE MINUTE OF ORGANIZED PROFESSIONAL FOOTALL IN HIS LIFE is "better" at this point in time (not that he COULD END UP being better) but that he is better RIGHT NOW is bordeline insanity.

I have no further comment on this issue.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You seem to lack logical skills. Being a first year, part time player for Granada does not mean you are better than your contemporaries in Africa. It is simple logic that seems to elude you in your rabid support of Success.

BTW I am not saying he is a bad player. All I am saying is the jury is still out on him because he has not produced enough to justify the hype. He scored 1 goal and had 1 assist in 19 games. His overall play in the games I saw were quite underwhelming. At this tourney his overall game has been average despite the goals. Aspects of the game such as his positioning, passing and distance covered have all been subpar. I believe Manu looked at these aspects of his game and figured he needed to make a tactical shift by bringing in guys like Savior and Bulbwa who while not as talented as Success have the attributes to help the team more

I wish Success the best and hope he succeeds. But right now he is simply a developing player who is still yet to prove himself.

Btw, I have not heard anything about him going back to Udinese. I think another season at Granada may be helpful to his development

:P
bushboy wrote:
Sunset wrote:

My dear broda, don't bother with yujam. He is a hopeless case. I've never seen such a sentimental man in my whole life. He will set aside facts and go on his feeling. He can see "intangibles"....lol. The guy is funny sha. How anyone can know that one player:

Played over 19 games in his FIRST SEASON of pro football for the FIRST TEAM (even Ghana's pride and joy has not made the first team in 2 years)

But still be adamant that another player WHO HAS NOT PLAYED A SINGLE MINUTE OF ORGANIZED PROFESSIONAL FOOTALL IN HIS LIFE is "better" at this point in time (not that he COULD END UP being better) but that he is better RIGHT NOW is bordeline insanity.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

And Awoniyi has? Ok buddy!
YUJAM wrote:You seem to lack logical skills. Being a first year, part time player for Granada does not mean you are better than your contemporaries in Africa. It is simple logic that seems to elude you in your rabid support of Success.

BTW I am not saying he is a bad player. All I am saying is the jury is still out on him because he has not produced enough to justify the hype. He scored 1 goal and had 1 assist in 19 games. His overall play in the games I saw were quite underwhelming. At this tourney his overall game has been average despite the goals. Aspects of the game such as his positioning, passing and distance covered have all been subpar. I believe Manu looked at these aspects of his game and figured he needed to make a tactical shift by bringing in guys like Savior and Bulbwa who while not as talented as Success have the attributes to help the team more

I wish Success the best and hope he succeeds. But right now he is simply a developing player who is still yet to prove himself.

Btw, I have not heard anything about him going back to Udinese. I think another season at Granada may be helpful to his development

:P
bushboy wrote:
Sunset wrote:

Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Bushboy, Awoniyi has more than delivered.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Cristao II wrote:Bushboy, Awoniyi has more than delivered.
At YOUTH level!! Can we stop this madness already?! Geez! Isaac Success is everything Awoniyi WANTS to be!

If you sit Awoniyi down (or ANY youth player for that matter), and ask him what his career goals are, he will likely say:

1. I would like to get signed by a good team (Isaac did that 2 years ago. Udinese)
2. I look forward to making the first team squad (Issac did that last year)
3. I look forward to my leage debut (Issac did that as the youngest player EVER for Granada)
4. I look forward to my first league goal (Isaac scored againt Valencia this season)
5. I want to play against the best (Isaac has shared the pitch with Messi, Rolando, Neymar, Benzema, Iniesta, Bale, Suarea, Pique...)
6. I want to be an international (Isaac has repped naija at U-17 and U-20 level)
I want to score goals (in this tournament, Isaac avaerages a goal every 50 mins!! Awoniyi averages a goal every 140 mis!)

How ANY sane person can now look at this and with a str8 face say Awoniyi is "better" is sheer stupidity!!
Who will be next?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am sure he can surely aim higher. :lol:
bushboy wrote:
At YOUTH level!! Can we stop this madness already?! Geez! Isaac Success is everything Awoniyi WANTS to be!

If you sit Awoniyi down (or ANY youth player for that matter), and ask him what his career goals are, he will likely say:

1. I would like to get signed by a good team (Isaac did that 2 years ago. Udinese)
3. I look forward to my leage debut (Issac did that as the youngest player EVER for Granada)
4. I look forward to my first league goal (Isaac scored againt Valencia this season)
5. I want to play against the best (Isaac has shared the pitch with Messi, Rolando, Neymar, Benzema, Iniesta, Bale, Suarea, Pique...)
6. I want to be an international (Isaac has repped naija at U-17 and U-20 level)
I want to score goals (in this tournament, Isaac avaerages a goal every 50 mins!! Awoniyi averages a goal every 140 mis!)

How ANY sane person can now look at this and with a str8 face say Awoniyi is "better" is sheer stupidity!!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Let him get those basics first, then holla back.
YUJAM wrote:I am sure he can surely aim higher. :lol:
bushboy wrote:

Who will be next?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Basics? By your criteria? :rotf:

Dude if you paused for a moment and thought, it wouldn't be a huge leap to comprehend that there are many ways to success..
bushboy wrote:Let him get those basics first, then holla back.
YUJAM wrote:I am sure he can surely aim higher. :lol:
bushboy wrote:

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

In the case of Bushboh vs Garba we the jury find the defendant

GUILTY in the charge of football negligence
GUILTY in the charge of "Bigmanism" in the first, second, and third degree
GUILTY in the charge of unlawful benching of players
GUILTY in the charge of failure to use substitutions
GUILTY in the charge of wreckless formations and tactics
GUILTY in the charge of conspiring against players
GUILTY in the charge of corruption
GUILTY in the charge of illegal marketing of junk.

Sentencing will be held at a later date to be announced. Mr. Garba do you have any last words to say ?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

bushboy wrote:I will go on record right now and make it clear. Bookmark this thread! IF MANU STARTS THE SAME TEAM AGAIN AGAINST GERMANY, WE WILL LOSE!! Manu has to go with the best legs! I REPEAT, IF THE LIKES OF BULBWA, SAVIOR AND IFEANYI START AGAINST GERMANY, WE WILL LOSE!!
It pains me to say I was absolutely right :(
Who will be next?
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

bushboy wrote:
bushboy wrote:I will go on record right now and make it clear. Bookmark this thread! IF MANU STARTS THE SAME TEAM AGAIN AGAINST GERMANY, WE WILL LOSE!! Manu has to go with the best legs! I REPEAT, IF THE LIKES OF BULBWA, SAVIOR AND IFEANYI START AGAINST GERMANY, WE WILL LOSE!!
No, dude, you were wrong then, you are still wrong now. How about if manu had played the same team he played against Brazil vs this german team we would have lost 6 - 3.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

lagos777 wrote:
bushboy wrote:
No, dude, you were wrong then, you are still wrong now. How about if manu had played the same team he played against Brazil vs this german team we would have lost 6 - 3.
No one ever asked for the Brazil line up again. Yes it was unbalanced. Yes solidify things, But don't yank 3 quality players off! Why is this so hard to understand? We had North Korea and Hungary to get the perfect mix, instead Manu wasted it giving the like of Sokari, Bulbwa, and Savior a chance to attract scouts. Nonsense!
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?