Ridiculous Questions From The Press Conference vs USA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Ridiculous Questions From The Press Conference vs USA

Post by niyi »

[/video]

Asisat laughed off some questions sef

Minute: 8:45

Do you feel like it's an equal playing field given that you're from such a poor country and your opponents are from such rich countries

Asisat: You must be joking with that question
Last edited by niyi on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: Ridiculous Questions From The Press Conference vs USA

Post by mystic »

Only reply for some of these questions is to beat them on pitch.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Correct girl!!!! :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

They don't want to leave this video question alone. Also, why ask questions about homosexuality instead of the game? Smh
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...again, just like I posted on the r&r thread about naija guy being lynched, a naija journalist in that room should have taken the person that asked that silly question to task.
We spread our own news and info not them.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Asisat is terrific. Very articulate.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cally wrote:Asisat is terrific. Very articulate.
i am impressed by the girl. "spell you name the way you say it" wtf does that mean?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

How this dude is the coach for the Falcons is beyond me! :)
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

fledy wrote:How this dude is the coach for the Falcons is beyond me! :)

Bobo no gree answer one question directly :lol: Anyway, i don't care whether he can talk or not as long as he produces.

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Americans already have their mind sets made up about africans....its their ignorance....i bet she won't ask brazilian footballers who come from playing in the favellas that question.

what does being rich have do with playing football? :rotf: :rotf:
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Did any Nigerian Journalist ask why the American team is soo white and what do they think of the racial violence against blacks in the US ?
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Look, its part of the mind games jornos play to help their teams. The swedes dug up the Boko Haram question.

But our own jornos are useless. I would have loved if they ask any black member of USA team this question:

"Given the recent frequent killings of innocent African Americans by white American police officers, are you disappointed that your team mates are yet to take a stand on this issue?

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cmoke wrote:Look, its part of the mind games jornos play to help their teams. The swedes dug up the Boko Haram question.

But our own jornos are useless. I would have loved if they ask any black member of USA team this question:

"Given the recent frequent killings of innocent African Americans by white American police officers, are you disappointed that your team mates are yet to take a stand on this issue?

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

@Cmoke you are very correct sir! Naija journos are more interested in the food and drinks that they serve at these pressers.

Does NFF appoint coaches based on a national quota system or on merit? Thanks
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Americans already have their mind sets made up about africans....its their ignorance....i bet she won't ask brazilian footballers who come from playing in the favellas that question.

what does being rich have do with playing football? :rotf: :rotf:
she was canadian for the record :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Reporters are going in there with a preset agenda set for the type of article that they want to write, and are tailoring their questions accordingly. Someone wants to write a story about how our girls have overcome poverty to be at the Women's World cup, then guess what question they are going to ask? Someone wants to write a story about how our girls are a symbol in the country where the chibok girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram, then guess what question they are going to ask. Someone wants to write a story about gay rights in Nigeria, then guess what type of question they are going to ask?

It's the type of lazy stuff that passes for journalism nowadays in the States. The heck with the game, they already presume that we are no match for them - that we are just present to make up the numbers, hence there is no interest in the actually footballing aspect - Just ignorant stuff. Just the normal assumptions that are made about African countries, and the agenda driven stuff.

That is why I say that the best answer for them is to beat them on the pitch. Unfortunately our NFF has not prepared our girls properly for that tournament, so our chances of beating them are very slim (and slim just purchased a bus ticket out of town). But nothing would give me more pleasure than to beat these pompous airheads (not their team so much as much as their media - I respect their team but not their media). Slap them upside the head on the field of play with a proper spanking. That is the only answer to this rubbish.

Kudos to Oshoala by the way for the way she handled herself - she is a fine ambassador for Nigeria. I am reminded by some of these stupid questions what dummies Americans can be sometimes because of their lack of knowledge about the world around them. I bet you that if Oshoala had answered that question about growing up in poverty stricken Nigeria by saying that she had to dodge lions everyday just to get to school, the foolish reporter would have bought it hook, line and sinker. Ask these Americans what the color of their neighbor Mexico's flag is and I bet you that most of them will not know. But ask them what color underwear Kim Kardasian was rocking at the club last night and all of a sudden the light bulb comes on.

Useless vagabonds!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

LOL Mystic don vex!!! Man, you dont know how happy i would be if these girls pull off the upset tonight.

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Notice Grant Wahl asked about homosexuality in the Nigerian team. Okon said he didn't care about the persobal lives of players and he only cared about what happened on the pitch. He still went ahead to write his article anyway. Hard to take journalists seriously.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assisat nah Super star, mehn love that girl..Coach okon dey yeyr those journos :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

For real, the joke is on the journalists and their respective societies. Sure many of the questions were intended
to ridicule, but I believe these only helps any thinking person to see how so-callled educated journalists influence
the ignorance of their home audience.
Asisat held her own to the dismay of the silly journalists.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Assisat nah Super star, mehn love that girl..Coach okon dey yeyr those journos :lol:
She is not a super star. Her performance in our game against Australia was shockingly disappointing for a player that much was expected from. She has to prove herself tonite.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ahidjo wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Assisat nah Super star, mehn love that girl..Coach okon dey yeyr those journos :lol:
She is not a super star. Her performance in our game against Australia was shockingly disappointing for a player that much was expected from. She has to prove herself tonite.
That is your own cup of tea.. I could care less of what you think of her performance. Make we see you do 5 mins workout first...mouth mouth folks just run your lazy mouth on the internet..jj:arrow:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Is this Coach really serious when he says he does not watch films of the other team and only focuses on his team? What criteria do these guys have to meet before they are selected as coaches?
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach