Cameroon 0-1 China WWC FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

akamoke
Re: Cameroon 0-1 China WWC FT

Post by akamoke »

woah. The clueless armchair coaches are out again...Yes clueless African coaches. Where was this insight when Cameroon were going through the group stages. You guys actually think you are saying something when you are saying...nothing
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Well done Cameroon for giving it a go. With a little more in the tank they would have made it but it wasn't meant to be. Back to the drawing board for the team
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

akamoke wrote:woah. The clueless armchair coaches are out again...Yes clueless African coaches. Where was this insight when Cameroon were going through the group stages. You guys actually think you are saying something when you are saying...nothing
Brother if you had ever taken a coaching course before you would have been in tears as this game was so painful to watch fron a technical and tactical perspective. If you guys listened intently to the comments if the commentators and the post game analysis you will realize that even though it was not said out loud this Cameroon team is clearly the most talented team at this World Cup. They are more talented than any team in this World Cup and with better preparation and better coaching they can be number one in the world and can win Olympic gold.

If I was Cameroon I would higher Tony Decicio Asap not only TI coach the team but to set up a coaching academy in Cameroon right now.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kai, maybe una don discuss am, but what about that Cameroon lady representing Germany? That chic na mean striker o!
62 international goals in 108 matches! Célia Šašić (née Okoyino da Mbabi; born 27 June 1988).

http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/play ... index.html
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

African Star wrote:
akamoke wrote:woah. The clueless armchair coaches are out again...Yes clueless African coaches. Where was this insight when Cameroon were going through the group stages. You guys actually think you are saying something when you are saying...nothing
Brother if you had ever taken a coaching course before you would have been in tears as this game was so painful to watch fron a technical and tactical perspective. If you guys listened intently to the comments if the commentators and the post game analysis you will realize that even though it was not said out loud this Cameroon team is clearly the most talented team at this World Cup. They are more talented than any team in this World Cup and with better preparation and better coaching they can be number one in the world and can win Olympic gold.

If I was Cameroon I would higher Tony Decicio Asap not only TI coach the team but to set up a coaching academy in Cameroon right now.
Bros:
I sabi say you be AFRICAN STAR, but easy on the hyping. Yes, Cam is talented, but in no way are they the most talented.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Kai, maybe una don discuss am, but what about that Cameroon lady representing Germany? That chic na mean striker o!
62 international goals in 108 matches! Célia Šašić (née Okoyino da Mbabi; born 27 June 1988).

Chief, kpom! Saw the woman for the first time yesterday, and she is fire! She is a superb center forward: ready to get physical with the defenders who surround her at all times, has the dribble, very intelligent one touch passer, great penarity taker, and can score with her head. She has five goals in this tournament. I no sabi say na Plantanian. I think say na Made in Germany with some African parts.

Oh just checked with Wiki. Her papa na Plantanian, her mama na Flench, but she was born in Bonn.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
African Star wrote:

Bros:
I sabi say you be AFRICAN STAR, but easy on the hyping. Yes, Cam is talented, but in no way are they the most talented.
Chief nwokem, please help me to tell them. It is the job of we, er, senior youngsters :D to bring some of our guys back down to earth.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Kai, maybe una don discuss am, but what about that Cameroon lady representing Germany? That chic na mean striker o!

Chief, kpom! Saw the woman for the first time yesterday, and she is fire! She is a superb center forward: ready to get physical with the defenders who surround her at all times, has the dribble, very intelligent one touch passer, great penarity taker, and can score with her head. She has five goals in this tournament. I no sabi say na Plantanian. I think say na Made in Germany with some African parts.

Oh just checked with Wiki. Her papa na Plantanian, her mama na Flench, but she was born in Bonn.

Your initial evaluation was correct... Made in Germany with Plantanian parts :lol: :lol: :lol:

The girl is a legitimate striker, with the stats to go with it. Kai, even the greatest player ever (Messi) get this kain strike rate for Argentina? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

na wa for these women strikresses o. Marta has 92 goals in 94 appearances for Brazil :shock: :shock: :shock: Yet African Star tok say na Cameroon get talent pass!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:na wa for these women strikresses o. Marta has 92 goals in 94 appearances for Brazil :shock: :shock: :shock: Yet African Star tok say na Cameroon get talent pass!
Chief, Marta na di Pele of women's footie. That woman can bend the ball better than Beckham.

Our people think it is "patriotism" to overpraise our own, but praise without constructive criticism no dey work. When it comes to raw talent, of course we have lots of it. But raw talent alone never wins anything. The things that make teams like Germany, USA, Norway and Japan better are hidden from immediate view--in the social structure in general, in the organization of girl's soccer at grassroots level, in the training at that level, in the tactical understanding of the game that is instilled early, in the scientific nutrition, in the carefully calibrated physical (weight and other) training the women get both at the National team level and club level, in the experience gained playing for professional clubs. We are not there yet.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
African Star wrote:

Bros:
Chief nwokem, please help me to tell them. It is the job of we, er, senior youngsters :D to bring some of our guys back down to earth.
What you guys are are talking about is the finished product of these players. The Cameroonian players are far from finished from a tactical and technical standpoint. What I am talking about is that I see the talent in these girls and if properly harnessed they will become the best in the world.

This is something I have done in my life, took a bunch of no name kids who nobody gave a chance because I saw the potential in them and I made them one of the best youth teams in the history of Youth soccer in the USA winning 3 national championships, being number 1in the USA for 5 years.

I did not say they were the best team in this tournament, I said the most talented and that is the difference you guys can't reconcile.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I salute the women strikers but let us put it in perspective:

As much as I have enjoyed watching this WWC (the skill and tactics on display have been very good, as well as oda aesthetic aspects :tic: ), the goalkeeping is clearly inferior to that in the men's game, especially in aspects like speed of reaction, leaping and stretching ability.

They need to make the goals smaller in the women's game. Teams with good set-piece takers and even decent strikers of the ball (like Jamani and the USA) have a disproportionate advantage.

ON EDIT: And the "corner" that led to the Chinese goal was NOT a corner. :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:na wa for these women strikresses o. Marta has 92 goals in 94 appearances for Brazil :shock: :shock: :shock: Yet African Star tok say na Cameroon get talent pass!
...but Marta been playing since the 90s, plus Brazil play more friendlies (that account for all those goals) than African countries, men or women.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote:
...but Marta been playing since the 90s, plus Brazil play more friendlies (that account for all those goals) than African countries, men or women.

you missed the RATE, not number of goals. 92 goals in 94 matches is almost a goal/game. That is PHENOMENAL.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mcal wrote:

you missed the RATE, not number of goals. 92 goals in 94 matches is almost a goal/game. That is PHENOMENAL.
...i noticed that, hence my comment of their frequent friendlies. Countries that can organize friendlies tend to have their players scoring high, plus many caps. See USA team (women) with many of them on 100 caps.