okon fired

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: okon fired

Post by ukwala »

KingLoku wrote:
oloye wrote:I am hearing that Garba has joined Okon...not verified though.
Would not be surprised , things go happen , small small , Keshi go soon follow am when them employ capable technical director/ technical adviser . , Amodu must give way ..
Euphemism for oyibo. They are more 'technical' than our people and so must have a different designation :huh: :oops:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ukwala wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
Would not be surprised , things go happen , small small , Keshi go soon follow am when them employ capable technical director/ technical adviser . , Amodu must give way ..
Euphemism for oyibo. They are more 'technical' than our people and so must have a different designation :huh: :oops:
Oyibo or not, there is something seriously wrong with our coaches or perhaps our system is to blame. Worst still, they seem to NOT want to learn from their mistakes.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Odas wrote:
ukwala wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
Oyibo or not, there is something seriously wrong with our coaches or perhaps our system is to blame. Worst still, they seem to NOT want to learn from their mistakes.
Exactly, it boils down to laziness and pure arrogance. Amodummy was notorious for reminding us that "he is worth his salt" and whatever other stupid adage he pulled out of his arse. :roll:

I guess a case can be made that in most instance they don't have the right tools in place to enable them to learn and grow from a tactical standpoint but a serious person will invest their own funds in becoming the best instead of kicking back and waiting for handouts from their connects in the glass house.

That fool was banging his head on the ground every chance he could thinking God will somehow favor his team or award them, a goal per head bang. Foolish foooool. My heart goes out to the players, the real victims of this tragic WC run. They played their hearts out. Still proud of them in spite the early exIt.

Still on the fence about Garba. His latest squad regressed but he's led or built teams with serious potential in the past do Na to Sidon look I dey
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

100%Naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
ukwala wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
Exactly, it boils down to laziness and pure arrogance. Amodummy was notorious for reminding us that "he is worth his salt" and whatever other stupid adage he pulled out of his arse. :roll:

I guess a case can be made that in most instance they don't have the right tools in place to enable them to learn and grow from a tactical standpoint but a serious person will invest their own funds in becoming the best instead of kicking back and waiting for handouts from their connects in the glass house.

That fool was banging his head on the ground every chance he could thinking God will somehow favor his team or award them, a goal per head bang. Foolish foooool. My heart goes out to the players, the real victims of this tragic WC run. They played their hearts out. Still proud of them in spite the early exIt.

Still on the fence about Garba. His latest squad regressed but he's led or built teams with serious potential in the past do Na to Sidon look I dey
Everybody cannot be bad....Keshi is bad, Okon is bad, Garba is bad, SSS is NOT going to win the olympics so he will be bad soon. Perhaps it is time to look deeper. How effective can a sub-set (Nigerian football) be if the whole (Nigerian society) is disfunctional? Is it possible to isolate Nigerian football from the malaise of the society?
There is also the small matter of our teams/players not being as good as we think they are. Our "successes" in the U-17's have distorted our view of the state of Nigerian football. We all have a realistic view of the poor state of Nigerian athletics because we have never done well in the olympics. Do you know that if IOC starts a U-17 olympics today, Nigeria will be up there due to the same reason why we "succeed" in U-17 football, and then our view of our athletics will become distorted. People will start blaming the coaches for not winning medals at the senior olympics. Think about it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ukwala wrote: Everybody cannot be bad....Keshi is bad, Okon is bad, Garba is bad, SSS is NOT going to win the olympics so he will be bad soon. Perhaps it is time to look deeper. How effective can a sub-set (Nigerian football) be if the whole (Nigerian society) is disfunctional? Is it possible to isolate Nigerian football from the malaise of the society?
There is also the small matter of our teams/players not being as good as we think they are. Our "successes" in the U-17's have distorted our view of the state of Nigerian football. We all have a realistic view of the poor state of Nigerian athletics because we have never done well in the olympics. Do you know that if IOC starts a U-17 olympics today, Nigeria will be up there due to the same reason why we "succeed" in U-17 football, and then our view of our athletics will become distorted. People will start blaming the coaches for not winning medals at the senior olympics. Think about it.
KPOM.
I gave the same analogy a few months ago. 'An U17 Olympics'. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

niyi wrote:
skillful wrote:I wanna see mercy Udoh coach falcons
Why? What experience does she have?
My guy believe me she has experience, coaching experience here in the United States too...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

100%Naija wrote:He will probably knock his head on the ground again upon hearing this news. Chei...poor ground.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Robbynice wrote:
niyi wrote:
skillful wrote:I wanna see mercy Udoh coach falcons
Why? What experience does she have?
My guy believe me she has experience, coaching experience here in the United States too...
Who has she been coaching?
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

oloye wrote:Hmmm my brother there are many variables and inputs that goes into coaching such that make it very hazardrous. If you cannot control most of these variables ,it remains one job that i honestly cannot see myself practice. I praise those doing it in naija context and still managing to squeeze out results.
Like guys that win the ANC, Qualify for the world cup, got out of their at the world cup. Those kinda of people ??
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".