It's Oliseh

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It's Oliseh

Post by metalalloy »

Super Eagle wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:First of all, let me go on record to say that this is another bad decision by NFF. Oliseh cannot coach Super Eagles by himself. How can Oliseh start his coaching career with coaching the national team? What's his track record in coaching? Has the Super Eagles team now become an avenue for apprentice coaches to come and learn their trade??? Our NFF has definitely become a house of cards!

The only good news here is that he's coming with an European assistant, but I will like to know whom the assistant is before I commit.

O pari

Smh.. the good news is that he is coming with a European assistant who you have NO IDEA who he is. For all we know he may be as inexperienced or worse than Oliseh, but GeeeZ he is European so its "good news"

TUFIAKWA for the people who brainwash folks like you. Azigba!
Omo, I am going with a precedent here. Samson Siasia knew that he was in over his head with the Super Eagles job and wisely brought Simon Kalika to help him out. Hence, if Oliseh is wise, he should bring in a technically saavy coach and a match reader to assist him on the job.

That's what I meant. This has nothing to do with the person being European, but I was giving Oliseh the benefit of the doubt that he knows the areas he needs help.

o pari

Ok got you.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dammy wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
KoC wrote:It's all 100% done.

Meeting concluded this morning in London. Oliseh flying back to Belgium as we speak.

Expect announcement from NFF anytime in the next few minutes
:thumbs: and thanks for coming back here KOC. Please forgive & let go of the past. As you said, nobody is perfect and we all learn more as we sojourn through life. For example, I was only 21 when we all met online about 15 years ago and now that I'm 27 I've acquired much more wisdom and knowledge :D

21 + 15 = 27?

If footballers can do it, why cant CE posters. :D shikena!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

hestonap wrote: Above all...Oliseh does not come across as a yes man......you need that streak of indepenence and stubborness to succeed in any sphere of life.
Keshi was both but its a study in Nigerian psychology to see how his independence and 'stubborness' was actually seen as a fault rather than a strength.
I've noticed that in most cases, Nigerians do not appreciate independent-minded people that are ready to go against the grain. I am not really sure why this is so.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Dammy wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

Meeting concluded this morning in London. Oliseh flying back to Belgium as we speak.

:thumbs: and thanks for coming back here KOC. Please forgive & let go of the past. As you said, nobody is perfect and we all learn more as we sojourn through life. For example, I was only 21 when we all met online about 15 years ago and now that I'm 27 I've acquired much more wisdom and knowledge :D

21 + 15 = 27?
:D
We are all in our 20s on CE :taunt:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Damunk wrote:
hestonap wrote: Above all...Oliseh does not come across as a yes man......you need that streak of indepenence and stubborness to succeed in any sphere of life.
Keshi was both but its a study in Nigerian psychology to see how his independence and 'stubborness' was actually seen as a fault rather than a strength.
I've noticed that in most cases, Nigerians do not appreciate independent-minded people that are ready to go against the grain. I am not really sure why this is so.
Nigerians appreciate being independent and having a clue about what one is doing.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Who is the foreign assistant?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Damunk wrote:
Damunk,

I was in a conversation with a friend over the weekend and this same issue came up. My take on it is it's primarily a cultural mindset of deference to the so called elders in society. It allows and breeds intellectual laziness not to question things and to just accept the so called 'recieved wisdom'. When you also factor in the religious mind-set f our populace....you begin to understand some of our problems...i am no expert when it comes to religion...but i know i have come across something along the line of a certain group of christians deemed worthy of praise because the scriptures said they went back to search if the things they were told was true.....tells me straight away that God expects us to question things and not just accept stuff hook line and sinker.

Personally, i feel if you are not secure enough in your knowledge and beliefs and that to my mind includes the ability to accept that ones knowledge is finite and be open to change........then you are likely to take offence when your opinion is challenged.

When you factor in....the Nigerian thing of big-manism especially when many a time the unqualified ends up in a position of authority...you can''t help but begin to understand why our Nation has and continues to fail.

I am hopeful about the Oliseh appointment.......I can't get away and really like the fact from the fact that he is an intelligent man and hopefully and importantly one of great integrity .....we need folks like him in many spheres of our national life.....but like you righly said...he will be working in a dysfuncitonal enviroment and it will be interesting to observe how he negotiates the mine field of all that is Nigerian football.

I hope for our sake he is a resounding success......I am just sick and tired of half arsed sub-intelligent folks serving as the face of Nigeria in many spheres of our public life....I hope it does not come across as elitist......but we have the people and expertise in that country and its about time that we projected excellent folks to the fore.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Dammy wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

21 + 15 = 27?
Yes.

Age is in the mind.

That is how we end up with 52 year old youth leaders, who are 25.

Please don't try to be an ageologist.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

This is the best news of the week for me. Generally, great defensive mids have potential to be great coaches if they have patience and can manage people. A good DM sees everything and anticipates plays, reads opposing player tendencies on the fly - that's why they can read and break up play. This is a HUGE step up. If he can manage the players, we're good to go. We may not see wins immediately but i assure that we'll see improvement game-to-game. The era being bad at simple things like corners (over and over again!!!!!)- where we gave away our earned advantages is gone. Oliseh likes the details. He'll drill down and get it.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Solowe wrote:

This appointment is definitely going to get pinnick fired. Every step the dude has taken since becoming head of the NFF has been the wrong one.

KOC... dude where have you been. You have been missed here on CE. You didn't even come to collect all the awards I gave you ?? Na waa ooo :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=244657&hilit=KOC
Bros, I've been away. Needed to get out for my own sake.

Award ke? Knowing you, I best keep well away from that.

Probably as, ahem, dubious as your ethnic treatises
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

platinum wrote:Image
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

On Twitter :
Oliseh's Foreign Technical Assistant will work with Clubs’ Youth Teams and certified Academies towards developing the game frm d grassroots.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

paj wrote:amazing that KoC can still remember him CE password :taunt:
Bia, who cal, you inside this matter?

Your gworo don finish? Oya take N5

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

opine wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Pinnick never stop this habit of hugging and holding people by the waist .. :thumbs: ,
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

platinum, who be dat wey tanda dia with Oliseh? Is that you? If so, naim be say you senior me well-well even with dat ya truncated, syncopated and abrogated (Kai! Oyibo! bully will be proud of me!) football age.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

hestonap wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Damunk,

I was in a conversation with a friend over the weekend and this same issue came up. My take on it is it's primarily a cultural mindset of deference to the so called elders in society. It allows and breeds intellectual laziness not to question things and to just accept the so called 'recieved wisdom'. When you also factor in the religious mind-set f our populace....you begin to understand some of our problems...i am no expert when it comes to religion...but i know i have come across something along the line of a certain group of christians deemed worthy of praise because the scriptures said they went back to search if the things they were told was true.....tells me straight away that God expects us to question things and not just accept stuff hook line and sinker.

Personally, i feel if you are not secure enough in your knowledge and beliefs and that to my mind includes the ability to accept that ones knowledge is finite and be open to change........then you are likely to take offence when your opinion is challenged.

When you factor in....the Nigerian thing of big-manism especially when many a time the unqualified ends up in a position of authority...you can''t help but begin to understand why our Nation has and continues to fail.

I am hopeful about the Oliseh appointment.......I can't get away and really like the fact from the fact that he is an intelligent man and hopefully and importantly one of great integrity .....we need folks like him in many spheres of our national life.....but like you righly said...he will be working in a dysfuncitonal enviroment and it will be interesting to observe how he negotiates the mine field of all that is Nigerian football.

I hope for our sake he is a resounding success......I am just sick and tired of half arsed sub-intelligent folks serving as the face of Nigeria in many spheres of our public life....I hope it does not come across as elitist......but we have the people and expertise in that country and its about time that we projected excellent folks to the fore.

:agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

kalani JR wrote:
KoC wrote:
truetalk wrote:
KoC wrote:Waffi, my brother.

E don tay o
Waffiman wrote:
KoC wrote:Talks started Saturday night, went on through Sunday. And final discussions on Monday.

A few details still to be sorted. But it's all 90% done.

Once it is official, I'll provide details of how it went down.

I can say this. He has picked Alloy Agu as his GK trainer. And is coming with a European assistant.

He also plans to overhaul the Nigerian football structure a la Jurgen Klinsman with Germany.

Despite reports to the contrary, no foreign coaches were spoken to.

Amaju had spoken to Oliseh back in November after first firing Keshi. But received a flat and unequivocal NO. He wasn't prepared to go back again, but was prevailed upon and he agreed. However, he would not be involved until Oliseh had committed.

As soon as that happened, a meeting was held in London when Amaju arrived from Canada. And it was all but sorted.

He's getting carte blanche to reorganize the system from bottom up.
Oga Chief Welcome back with the good news. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
All this love KoC is getting. Abeg time to turn up the heat.

Did you stay away till now because you did not want to publicly state your opinion on Keshi's SE?

I find it curious you are showing up now that Keshi is gone.

Also, Keshi's PR Man, Innercaucus is MIA.

Anyway, welcome back.
Maybe o :wink:

But remember I was Super Eagles Media Officer when Keshi first came.

We had our disagreements, chief of which was his refusal to release team lineups on time.

But we had great times too. And I wish things had worked out better for him.

However, I think he should have walked after that Nations Cup disaster.
Will you get the media officer role back?
Dearie me, No!

Did my bit. Moved on

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

ohsee wrote:KoC, thanks so much for this good news. It's been a depressing week for me, but the news has pulled me right out of my funk. My office people are wondering why I have a huge smile on my face, instead of the dour expression I have worn all week.

hestonap, you be my guy, and you will always be. Kudos for your usual intelligent analysis.

And finally, Murderators! Wetin dey do una sef? Why is there no emoticon for "dancing for joy"? :mad: Please put it so I can nak di tin!
Dancing for joy ke? Pa ohsee, that creaky waist?

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

We must protest this appointment to the fullest! How can they appoint Oliseh based on that one shot against Spain in 1998 WC? :wink: Being a coach involves wading through the muddy waters and the landmine laden NFF offices. How will Oliseh, a strict, no-nonsense guy be able to get a consensus ? We are confident Kenya will beat you into the foreseeable future. Let me call my Harambee stars to get ready..
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Goalgetter wrote:Breath of fresh air for Nigerian football. Oliseh cannot not and will not do any worse than Keshi. I'm 200% sure of that.
The question is will he surpass Keshit's achievements?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

My bro I dey. It's buuriful to have you back again. :D :D :D :D :D

Looks like Amaju has his fingers on the pulse. A quick look through social media will confirm, my view that I have not seen a more popular appointment as SE Coach in a long, long time. I just hope Oliseh can carry the people's support and good wishes on while he tries to do his best. I also hope his best is good enough for trophies plus to move our football to the next level whilst giving we the long suffering fans something to rejoice about.
KoC wrote:Waffi, my brother.

E don tay o
Waffiman wrote:
KoC wrote:Talks started Saturday night, went on through Sunday. And final discussions on Monday.

A few details still to be sorted. But it's all 90% done.

Once it is official, I'll provide details of how it went down.

I can say this. He has picked Alloy Agu as his GK trainer. And is coming with a European assistant.

He also plans to overhaul the Nigerian football structure a la Jurgen Klinsman with Germany.

Despite reports to the contrary, no foreign coaches were spoken to.

Amaju had spoken to Oliseh back in November after first firing Keshi. But received a flat and unequivocal NO. He wasn't prepared to go back again, but was prevailed upon and he agreed. However, he would not be involved until Oliseh had committed.

As soon as that happened, a meeting was held in London when Amaju arrived from Canada. And it was all but sorted.

He's getting carte blanche to reorganize the system from bottom up.
Oga Chief Welcome back with the good news. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Waffiman wrote:My bro I dey. It's buuriful to have you back again. :D :D :D :D :D

Looks like Amaju has his fingers on the pulse. A quick look through social media will confirm, my view that I have not seen a more popular appointment as SE Coach in a long, long time. I just hope Oliseh can carry the people's support and good wishes on while he tries to do his best. I also hope his best is good enough for trophies plus to move our football to the next level whilst giving we the long suffering fans something to rejoice about.

Since Siasia