Daily update from the Faro camp

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I will ring the camp again but the latest good news I have is that the following have arrived in Faro:

(1) Albacete's Muyiwa Abbas Lawal
(2) Brann's Seyi Olofinjana

They both arrived tonight and Ikpe Ekong is also expected today. I must say I am particularly pleased that the NFA took it upon itself to extend an invitation to "Kokoro." He is probably the only natural winger in the team.

I will ring back later on as the boys have gone to dinner now. More news to follow later, so stay up!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo:
I thought Lawal was injured. The guy has not featured for Albacete in ages.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YUJAM wrote:Ayo:
Yujam, he is well again and having fully recovered has been allowed to join the camp. I know he is in Faro because I spoke to him earlier on this evening!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

This is an open camp by NFA and Chukwu.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo:
Thanks for the info. BTW, wasn't Muyiya your preferred wing back? The guy is quite dimunitive in stature but then so was kill-and-go!

Sir V:
This is indeed an open camp. Unfortunately, some very good players will miss out this time.

YUJAM wrote:
Ayo:

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Thanks for the info. BTW, wasn't Muyiya your preferred wing back? The guy is quite dimunitive in stature but then so was kill-and-go!

Sir V:
This is indeed an open camp. Unfortunately, some very good players will miss out this time.

YUJAM wrote:
Ayo:

You hit the nail on the head.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

SIR V:
What does being a so-called "open" camp has anything to do with whether Muyiwa was injured or not? And how is it an "open" camp if the likes of Efe Sodje are pointedly excluded? When the injured Beckham was invited to the England camp for the 2002 World Cup finals, was that an "open" camp?! Or should Yobo, West and Ekwueme have been excluded from ANC consideration because each was recently injured?! Open camp, schmopen camp!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I gather that the invitation to Muyiwa was done very recently and sent out much later than that extended to the other players. He was not on the original list of 41 but like Ogbeche and Melkham were included after a clamour by fans - Funny how some people think CE is irrelevant.

Anyway, I will try to find out if this late invitation was extended to any other players. Personally for me, I would settle for just Wilson Oruma and Murphy Akanji being invited in addition to those already in camp.

Back to Faro, none of the expected arrivals had turned up as of when I phoned about an hour ago. If my calculations are right, the following are being expected over the next few weeks:

Ifeanyi Ekwueme
Ikpe Ekong
Tijani Babangida
John Utaka
Austin Ejide
Ifeanyi Udeze
Julius Aghahowa
Bartholomew Ogbeche

The following, we are not yet sure of:
Ike Shorunmu
Obafemi Martins

The following English-based players will not arrive for at least another week:

Nwankwo Kanu
Celestine Babayaro
Austin Okocha
Joseph Yobo
Isaac Okoronkwo
Yakubu Aiyegbeni

Victor Agali will also not arrive for at least another week, if we are to believe the press reports.

Everybody else is in camp.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Yujam, Lizarazu is also very dimunitive in stature. Look at how the likes of Alain Girriesse, Billy Bremner and Didier Descamps established themselves as world class players despite being small.

I have absolute faith in Muyiwa Lawal and an 100% certain that if he is picked to play that right wing back role, he will be the best in the tournament. Watch that boy over the coming years. Do not be surprised to see him become a Real Madrid player at some stage in the future.

Those thinking of bashing him, let me just warn you now, you will have me to contend with if you try it. He was still a primary school boy when he used to come and see his brother in Zik Hall in UI in those days and I am impressed with the way he has developed and matured into a professional.

If una touch am, na fire!
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

Ayo - This your hope against hope na wa o. Are you really still waiting for Shorunmu to show up? Of all the players who have said that they were not going to play at the ANC, Shorunmu has been the most consistent in telling us to count him out. Yet you are Still not sure

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I gather that the invitation to Muyiwa was done very recently and sent out much later than that extended to the other players. He was not on the original list of 41 but like Ogbeche and Melkham were included after a clamour by fans - Funny how some people think CE is irrelevant.

Anyway, I will try to find out if this late invitation was extended to any other players. Personally for me, I would settle for just Wilson Oruma and Murphy Akanji being invited in addition to those already in camp.

Back to Faro, none of the expected arrivals had turned up as of when I phoned about an hour ago. If my calculations are right, the following are being expected over the next few weeks:

Ifeanyi Ekwueme
Ikpe Ekong
Tijani Babangida
John Utaka
Austin Ejide
Ifeanyi Udeze
Julius Aghahowa
Bartholomew Ogbeche

Ike Shorunmu

Obafemi Martins

Nwankwo Kanu
Celestine Babayaro
Austin Okocha
Joseph Yobo
Isaac Okoronkwo
Yakubu Aiyegbeni

Victor Agali will also not arrive for at least another week, if we are to believe the press reports.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lefak, players have been talked out of retirement in the past. Is Patrick Mboma not now going to appear for Cameroon?

After the World Cup, did Taribo and Okocha not retire? Pressure is still being worked on Ike as we speak. Hopefully, he will change his mind.

One thing I must Ogunjobi credit for over the last month, is that he has been talking to clubs. Now in the past, this never happened. Most clubsides with Nigerian players have never had Ogunjobi or any other NFA sec gen for that matter ring them up.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Ayo: You sure it wasn't Garba Lawal you talked to?? :D :D :D :D
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Paveman wrote:Ayo: You sure it wasn't Garba Lawal you talked to?? :D :D :D :D
Yeye Paveman. I spoke to the player in Yoruba. Garba Lawal does not speak Yoruba as far as I am aware.

Besides, Garba would have struggled to know all the old memories we caught up on, talking about Zik Hall players like Demiji Lawal, Mutiu Adepoju, Matthew Enyeama, Toranighora Ojokojo, Emmanuel Akpan, Folorunsho Okenla and Felix Taiwo.

Believe you me, Kokoro will show the world what he is about. If only Martins and Shorunmu show up, my 3-5-2 jigsaw puzzle is complete.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

AYO thanks for the update !
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Ayo: I really wish to watch more of Muyiwa Lawal. I saw him play for Albacete (I only saw 20 minutes of the game) against a big Spanish team (i think Valencia) and he seemed to know exactly what he was doing. Obviously, I can't give any sort of judgement within such a short span....but i'm curious to see more of him.

I think he is going to find it difficult at Faro. Don't forget he has been out for 2 months injured now. That should surely have a bearing on his match form and fitness.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Paveman, iIt is an open camp so it does not mater at the end of the day if he
makes it or not.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Nice reporting Ayo. Meanwhile the Gotti VS Waffi saga continues :D :D
...but with God all things are possible...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I suppose it all depends on those who will have us believe otherwise. Those who run the CCC propaganda division (Gotti Al Sahaf, president and minister of mis-information) on this forum, will tell you its alright to have 42 players in camp after over a year in post and over 80 players invited to camp.
WAFFLEMAN:
What is your beef? That Chukwu did not include your client Efe Sodje in his list?! Maybe you could arrange another "interview" on CE for him along with another round of campaigning -- afterall, it worked last year. Btw, how many players did Sven Ericksson (a hero in your colonialized worldview) employ in his first year as England coach?

PS: Feel free to label me with all of the Arab (or Muslim) names that you can find, because I am sure that in your myopic narrow-minded colonialized worldview it is perjorative. How very sad! Meanwhile, we are still awaiting the unearthing of the imminent WMD promised by the purported non-propangandists.
First he was my townsman, now he is my client. :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:First he was my townsman, now he is my client.
And how are the two mutually exclusive?! Basic Comprehension, buddy.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I dont know if Ayo mentioned it, but Osaze, Ekong and Joseph enakhire arein camp.

As for Nwogu, he got a knock on his ribs during trainng about 3-4 days ago and not in Benin. Yes, he played in Benin with Eguavon and some old stars.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I gather that the invitation to Muyiwa was done very recently and sent out much later than that extended to the other players. He was not on the original list of 41 but like Ogbeche and Melkham were included after a clamour by fans - Funny how some people think CE is irrelevant.

Ifeanyi Ekwueme
Ikpe Ekong
Tijani Babangida
John Utaka
Austin Ejide
Ifeanyi Udeze
Julius Aghahowa
Bartholomew Ogbeche

Ike Shorunmu
Obafemi Martins

Nwankwo Kanu
Celestine Babayaro
Austin Okocha
Joseph Yobo
Isaac Okoronkwo
Yakubu Aiyegbeni

How come Okoronkwo still dey him club?? when be sey na sub him be all season...why him coach still dey keep am?? all these premiership coaches sef!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Sir V,

First come first served...

Na true you talk ohh na open camp e go bi infact i suppose dey dia for sure but di drop wey den wan make i drop dey to much but i go see wetin i go fit do sha since time is of the essence now... If not i go try play with di team for WC qualifiers........ :wink:
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nice so you know Emmanuel Akpan cool he keeps for the Nigerian team based here in NYC. Folorunsho Okenla played in Maroc'88 as a left winger excellent player and shared that position with Humphrey Edobor during Maroc'88.. Nice player but after that he dissappeared...

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Paveman wrote:Ayo: You sure it wasn't Garba Lawal you talked to?? :D :D :D :D
Yeye Paveman. I spoke to the player in Yoruba. Garba Lawal does not speak Yoruba as far as I am aware.

Besides, Garba would have struggled to know all the old memories we caught up on, talking about Zik Hall players like Demiji Lawal, Mutiu Adepoju, Matthew Enyeama, Toranighora Ojokojo, Emmanuel Akpan, Folorunsho Okenla and Felix Taiwo.

Believe you me, Kokoro will show the world what he is about. If only Martins and Shorunmu show up, my 3-5-2 jigsaw puzzle is complete.
Soldier of Fortune...