InnerCacus update

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: InnerCacus update

Post by Robbynice »

Dada aka Mikel was one of our if not our best player against Swaziland on Friday. I am still shocked that he was substituted in that game...If Oliseh drop am for tomorrow's game...okay sha
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Dada = Mikel?

Sure seems like it. Also think musical away himself has been cutoff from his source.

Stop visiting CE while driving. :mrgreen:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I have no doubt at all that "Dada" refers to Mikel Obi. Remember, there is a history to Muyiwalawal's stories going back to the 2014 World Cup. He used "Dada" at the time to refer to Mikel. Why should that change now. Moreover, Mikel was pulled off the Swaziland game and replaced with Oba which also gives credence to SO's probable dissatisfaction with Mikel's play.

However, does SO have the guts to bench Mikel in a game where his creativity is sorely needed? That is the ultimate question. Perhaps, he hopes that Iheanacho will provide that in a more advanced position while someone else starts in Mikel's position. We shall see tomorrow.
Oga, why you delete that thread which had the starting team for tomorrow? You know, the which one had Mikel's name in it? :D I saw you even highlight im name small mall. :D

That was posted for a second in error. It needed to be deleted.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I have no doubt at all that "Dada" refers to Mikel Obi. Remember, there is a history to Muyiwalawal's stories going back to the 2014 World Cup. He used "Dada" at the time to refer to Mikel. Why should that change now. Moreover, Mikel was pulled off the Swaziland game and replaced with Oba which also gives credence to SO's probable dissatisfaction with Mikel's play.

However, does SO have the guts to bench Mikel in a game where his creativity is sorely needed? That is the ultimate question. Perhaps, he hopes that Iheanacho will provide that in a more advanced position while someone else starts in Mikel's position. We shall see tomorrow.
Oga, why you delete that thread which had the starting team for tomorrow? You know, the which one had Mikel's name in it? :D I saw you even highlight im name small mall. :D

That was posted for a second in error. It needed to be deleted.
Oga, it was right. It was right. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Whatever be the case, we don't have a choice but give Jose (African Mourinho) a fair chance.

It's not the first time that an incoming coach doesn't like some of the more established stars and it sure seems that Jose is not feeling Dada that much.

The whole not-playing-to-instruction-thing is some BS. If there was an entry for playing to instruction, playing within yourself or not over reaching yourself in the dictionary, Mikel's face will be on there.

He is clearly one of our better players and save for his normal mediocre corner kicks and his penchant (due to the fact that he's slower than a bad desktop booting) for losing the balls in dangerous areas, he played well enough on Saturday.

Even if Dada is dropped tomorrow, no biggie. We must let Oliseh do it his way.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

airwolex wrote:Whatever be the case, we don't have a choice but give Jose (African Mourinho) a fair chance.

It's not the first time that an incoming coach doesn't like some of the more established stars and it sure seems that Jose is not feeling Dada that much.

The whole not-playing-to-instruction-thing is some BS. If there was an entry for playing to instruction, playing within yourself or not over reaching yourself in the dictionary, Mikel's face will be on there.

He is clearly one of our better players and save for his normal mediocre corner kicks and his penchant (due to the fact that he's slower than a bad desktop booting) for losing the balls in dangerous areas, he played well enough on Saturday.

I agree but it will still be a shock. IMHO, it will be bigger than Keshi benching Ike Uche for the CAN and using Emenike instead. It was a shock then, even though it was coming with the way Keshi was using Uche before the CAN. Eventually, Keshi was vindicated with Emenike's production at the CAN. SO will be judged by how the midfield does if and after Mikel is benched.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Enugu II wrote:
airwolex wrote:Whatever be the case, we don't have a choice but give Jose (African Mourinho) a fair chance.

I agree but it will still be a shock. IMHO, it will be bigger than Keshi benching Ike Uche for the CAN and using Emenike instead. It was a shock then, even though it was coming with the way Keshi was using Uche before the CAN. Eventually, Keshi was vindicated with Emenike's production at the CAN. SO will be judged by how the midfield does if and after Mikel is benched.
KPOM.

Let's see what happens. It's a huge risk but Oliseh strikes me as someone who is not afraid of a gamble.

TBH, he was brought in to turn around a crisis situation so he needs to be supported even if his methods are radical.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

bushboy wrote:On the contrary my dear "Muyiwa," I prefer the SO style. There is no place for comfortable football, or the knowledge that you are guaranteed a spot in the team because your "father" Keshi is the coach. I prefer an uneasy feeling among the players. The fear that if you do not play precisely to the coaches instructions, you will be dropped! Regardless of who you are. If Haruna, Rabiu, Emenike, or even Mikel choose not to play SO football, they can move on. If at the end of the day SO fails to perform, he will be fired and the next man will bring his own coaching style. Right now it is the Oliseh era. Let us support the man.
KPOM, KWEM! 10000000 X.
Ah ah! All these Nigerians wants progress and change and they are not ready to do what needs to be done to bring that progress about. Time for breast feeding players is gone. One thing about Nigerians: they always think they are the center of the world, and indispensable. Haba!
If a player does not listen to the coach, good radiance.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Robbynice wrote:Dada aka Mikel was one of our if not our best player against Swaziland on Friday. I am still shocked that he was substituted in that game...If Oliseh drop am for tomorrow's game...okay sha
Muyiwa said: " it looks like .... " He is speculating. He does not know. But, if na true, Oliseh knows best and what he is doing. Suppose, him drop Dada, and Nigeria play like magic, and win hands down. Wetin all these loud mouths here go say? Cool down people. The coach knows what he is doing.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

I'm with SO, I prefer he's style. Everybody for their own.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

I wish SO good luck. I am not a fan of his methods so far. For his and nigeria's sake, I hope he continues winning.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Enugu II wrote:I have no doubt at all that "Dada" refers to Mikel Obi. Remember, there is a history to Muyiwalawal's stories going back to the 2014 World Cup. He used "Dada" at the time to refer to Mikel. Why should that change now? Moreover, Mikel was pulled off the Swaziland game and replaced with Oba which also gives credence to SO's probable dissatisfaction with Mikel's play.

First, I am NOT a Mikel basher. I appreciate what Mikel is good at and what he brings to the table. I however rightly predicted last season that Mikel's days as a regular are numbered - reason was very obvious - His biggest strength - stability is the middle (which demands a cost - fluidity and quickness) had simply fallen out of vogue.

During the swazi match, I commented as the game went on that Mikel was having a good Mikel game BUT it was obvious to me that he was a bottleneck in the transition. The exact opposite was clear to see when Martins came in- quick, flowing, better transition football. I had stated during the Keshi days that I can see a set up that doesn't have a role for a Mikel type player UNLESS we need to protect a lead. At the time, I was banking on Oliatan. Mikel is simply a misfit if we want to play fast flowing brand. I want to make clear that for his style of play, shielding , technique and overall stability - Mikel is one the best. These days, a flowing midfield that feeds a more attacking style is more valued than a stable and curtailed mid
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yes the over hyped fast passing football that mourinho has been trying at Chelsea. .. please ....in the history of the SE how often do we play fast passing football. Go and watch Nigeria vs Italy .... we are known for slow build up play....this has been our style since otto gloria
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Tales by moonlight!
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Robbynice wrote:Dada aka Mikel was one of our if not our best player against Swaziland on Friday. I am still shocked that he was substituted in that game...If Oliseh drop am for tomorrow's game...okay sha

Robby, you don get glaucoma at your age? Dada was piss poor on Friday. Martins in 20 min was 10X better than him when he came on. Btw, what is the big deal about a coach dropping a bench warmer at a relegation EPL team? Are we that poor in Nigeria that we consider a player like Dada untouchable?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

icee wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I have no doubt at all that "Dada" refers to Mikel Obi. Remember, there is a history to Muyiwalawal's stories going back to the 2014 World Cup. He used "Dada" at the time to refer to Mikel. Why should that change now? Moreover, Mikel was pulled off the Swaziland game and replaced with Oba which also gives credence to SO's probable dissatisfaction with Mikel's play.

First, I am NOT a Mikel basher. I appreciate what Mikel is good at and what he brings to the table. I however rightly predicted last season that Mikel's days as a regular are numbered - reason was very obvious - His biggest strength - stability is the middle (which demands a cost - fluidity and quickness) had simply fallen out of vogue.

During the swazi match, I commented as the game went on that Mikel was having a good Mikel game BUT it was obvious to me that he was a bottleneck in the transition. The exact opposite was clear to see when Martins came in- quick, flowing, better transition football. I had stated during the Keshi days that I can see a set up that doesn't have a role for a Mikel type player UNLESS we need to protect a lead. At the time, I was banking on Oliatan. Mikel is simply a misfit if we want to play fast flowing brand. I want to make clear that for his style of play, shielding , technique and overall stability - Mikel is one the best. These days, a flowing midfield that feeds a more attacking style is more valued than a stable and curtailed mid
What you write here is why I have been advocating since Imo River for Mikel to be moved to sweeper. His contemproary in that position is Ronald Koemen.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Undertaker wrote:

Robby, you don get glaucoma at your age? Dada was piss poor on Friday. Martins in 20 min was 10X better than him when he came on. Btw, what is the big deal about a coach dropping a bench warmer at a relegation EPL team? Are we that poor in Nigeria that we consider a player like Dada untouchable?
Maybe same thing de worry me for some time, cause he was one of our top performer and has been for some time.
Always obvious when he doesnt play and i feel he shld have been made team captain instead of Musa because for now shld be a more guaranteed 90 mins than Musa.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Should be an interesting game tomorrow. I hope we win. We have to defend well, don't get exposed by the counter attack. Swaziland game plan will be like the one used by Congo Brazzaville.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

imehjunior wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Maybe same thing de worry me for some time, cause he was one of our top performer and has been for some time.
Always obvious when he doesnt play and i feel he shld have been made team captain instead of Musa because for now shld be a more guaranteed 90 mins than Musa.

I agree with you, That headless chicken Musa is no captain material. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

Undertaker wrote:

:clap: My brother i wonder oh!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

muyiwalawal wrote:So guys it looks like Dada has been dropped from the team in a must win match, clearly any straight thinking fella must be figuring that something doesn't add up. Dada was criticised after the Swaziland game, Jose claimed he didn't play to instruction. Some other key figures appear dropped too but I can't name because I now have a deal with an outfit to provide team line up.

As I've said previously, I am aware of a Mafia style plan to get rid of certain players (Dada being one) them. The plan is to frustrate them into making the same decision as Vincent. This gist is not for the faint hearted but rather for those who understand how things work...

Like some, I'm still baffled by the Rabiu treatment.... After blasting him in front of everyone and accusing him openly of not saying he's injured and also not being happy to sit on the bench i.e he is sulking that he's not in starting 11 (papa ajasco stuff), yesterday they sent him to individual training to apparently test him ie sprinting drills involving in-n-out of cones, which Rabiu completed and was then deemed fit enough to train with the team today. Rabiu himself appears baffled and insists he is very very very fine however I gather he more than likely has played his last game. I The whole thing looks fishy....

Keshi had his way of dealing with players, he just wouldn't call you up which I respect but Jose seems to prefer this style of humiliating the player is what i can't and won't ever support.

I will still prefer Keshi any day. He's even a better motivator and players the father role much better. Even if a player hears "come on boys" in Keshis voice, they'll be a lot more motivated than when they hear the same chant in this African Mourinho's voice. Keshi made players believe they can do it. This one just criticises them.

When SO isn't happy with a player, oh my, the way is goes about it is just insane.

Anyway let's hope we can win tomorrow. But I'm loosing respect by the minute for SO.

Una later.
....dude..wt*? :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

amafolas wrote:I wish SO good luck. I am not a fan of his methods so far. For his and nigeria's sake, I hope he continues winning.
I wish him good luck too, but he is not a good coach.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cally wrote:"So guys it looks like Dada has been dropped from the team in a must win match, clearly any straight thinking fella must be figuring that something doesn't add up. Dada was criticised after the Swaziland game, Jose claimed he didn't play to instruction. Some other key figures appear dropped too but I can't name because I now have a deal with an outfit to provide team line up.

As I've said previously, I am aware of a Mafia style plan to get rid of certain players (Dada being one) them. The plan is to frustrate them into making the same decision as Vincent. This gist is not for the faint hearted but rather for those who understand how things work..."

I did not conclude that dada is Mikel, from this write-up. Did SO claim, anywhere, that Mikel did not play to instruction? The second paragraph seems to point toward one of the older players in the team, one of which is Mikel. I could still easily say that the first paragraph refers to the same Rabiu.

Muyiwa sha :D . Dude is a bit smart. I'm just wondering...

According to innercacus on his twitter on sunday, he did
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16