[TBL] Stoke (0-0) Arsenal...FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Stoke (0-0) Arsenal...FT

Post by tolahs »

bouncino wrote:
tolahs wrote:2pts outta 6 is a disgrace - miss me with the spin job.
Oboy, Arsenal lost these kind of matches in previous seasons.
To remind you that Mancity, Manu and Chelsea lost here.
Massive point if you ask me

Are we going for the championship or are we involved in some navel–gazing therapy about performances in seasons past.??? Champions go get victories - you don't expect the slip ups of rivals to sustain you.
We went to Anfield last yr, they were down to 10men - we let them keep possession - they scored. 4days ago we conceded territory, they scored & drew - Everton did the same at Chelsea. You gotta be daring - we retreat.
About today - AW was wrong to put Ox deep while Ramsey was upfield - Ox should be allowed to turn their CBs into FBs by running at them - we've seen him do that vs Milan
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

tolahs wrote:
bouncino wrote:

Are we going for the championship or are we involved in some navel–gazing therapy about performances in seasons past.??? Champions go get victories - you don't expect the slip ups of rivals to sustain you.
We went to Anfield last yr, they were down to 10men - we let them keep possession - they scored. 4days ago we conceded territory, they scored & drew - Everton did the same at Chelsea. You gotta be daring - we retreat.
About today - AW was wrong to put Ox deep while Ramsey was upfield - Ox should be allowed to turn their CBs into FBs by running at them - we've seen him do that vs Milan
So post Liverpool draw Arsenal seen as naive & bottlers yet post 0-0 @ Stoke rip them for lacking creativity minus Ozil,, Sanchez, Santi...HUH????
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

tolahs wrote:
bouncino wrote:

Could have should have......

Bottom line given our recent track record at the Brittania today's result was a positive :thumbs:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

Elneny should have played at least 10 minutes of this match to get him a taste of EPL
supereagles all the way
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Was too cold for the b*stard. Nevertheless, nil-nil at the home of the Gods is nothing to be ashamed of. Marvelous result. Bitterly cold, heavy pitched, heavier tackles, well focking in! Only disappointment was the lack of argie-bargie. Worrying. When was the last time Beloved was 11 men in, pushes, shoves, grapples and the rest? There's a certain nastiness needed to procure a crown, that hasn't been shown for some time. Looking across the squad, 3 or 4 aside, it's hard to see who would go in if it all kicks off. Flamini, Gabriel, Wilshere, would expect the new lad to be up for it, but is that enough?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Will Walcott score again this season? Will The Ox score another goal in an Arsenal shirt?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:^Was too cold for the b*stard.

Looking across the squad, 3 or 4 aside, it's hard to see who would go in if it all kicks off. Flamini, Gabriel, Wilshere, would expect the new lad to be up for it, but is that enough?
Butland, Johnson, Shawcross, Wollscheid, Pieters, Whelan, Afellay, Walters, Krkic, Arnautovic, Joselu
The old guard; any of these guys against your Beloved...

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Stoke (0-0) Arsenal...1H

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
kenmega wrote:Where is the 'Prince of Pessimism' Kajifu??
Hiding.
Ox is plain awful with decisions making.
Chai you sabi me well well,
I knew it will be hard for us to beat Stoke and am glad we come out with a draw and clean sheet.
Liverpool was the game to pick 3 points compare to Stoke and Chelsea.Now Chelsea game is a must win or we out of top 2 if City and Leicester win and might be just 3 or 3 points from spurs.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gutsy. Will gladly take this point. Good from AW not to risk rushing Sanchez back, and not playing Ozil in a match we could lose and lose players to injuries.

Anyway, other than continuing to have big players, Stoke has really changed from the team of butchers of the Pulis era. I like how smart mid-level EPL teams have quietly brought in quality, esp foreign players, some with significant experience. With talents like Arnautovic, Bojan and Afellay (both ex Barca), Diouf, Osaze, Joselu, etc, they have a solid team. And with a coach with extensive playing experience at the top level and from coaching City, they are likely to remain competitive.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Some saying if we pick 7 points out of the 3 game we are in a good position.
So my question now is now that is certain the best we can get is 5 point and worst is 2 point.How will you rate the team?
Please i dont want anyone to come and say we miss Ozil because i remember last time he play there with Sanchez we open yash
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Gutsy. Will gladly take this point. Good from AW not to risk rushing Sanchez back, and not playing Ozil in a match we could lose and lose players to injuries.

Anyway, other than continuing to have big players, Stoke has really changed from the team of butchers of the Pulis era. I like how smart mid-level EPL teams have quietly brought in quality, esp foreign players, some with significant experience. With talents like Arnautovic, Bojan and Afellay (both ex Barca), Diouf, Osaze, Joselu, etc, they have a solid team. And with a coach with extensive playing experience at the top level and from coaching City, they are likely to remain competitive.
I said we should have pick 3 points against Liverpool,now we have Chelsea that some how we might even lucky to draw knowing how well Chelsea always play us .
Can this team beat Chelsea that everyone has beat?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:Some saying if we pick 7 points out of the 3 game we are in a good position.
So my question now is now that is certain the best we can get is 5 point and worst is 2 point.How will you rate the team?
Please i dont want anyone to come and say we miss Ozil because i remember last time he play there with Sanchez we open yash
So because Ozil and Sanchez played when Arsenal lost ls season they were not missed today.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for big picture..seems like AW has finally come to terms with the importance of having as fit as squad as possible for the run in. A win today would have been all for nought if AW risked likes of Ozil and Sanchez and they ended up MIA for months with injuries.

Past seasons saw likes of Cesc, TV5, RVP rushed back to early, only to suffer quick recurrence of injuries, miss crucial weeks of action and all but dash Arsenal PL title hopes. Fact AW is now playing the long game is a very good omen for the Arsenal.
Detective Bunk Moreland

AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

London's Finest still repping in 2016!!!!! What's good CE fam? London N5 home of the Gods!!!!!!
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

Gutsy performance indeed, however, there are some players in this Arsenal team who have maxed out their development and should be moved. OX and Walcott are two players that i just can't see making any more progress. The Ox has actually regressed. Walcott has always depended on his pace to beat opponents, but at 27 years old, he's not as fast any more. It's really frustrating to watch these so-called English core serve up serious 'nkoro' every game.
supereagles all the way
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Obiagu wrote:Gutsy performance indeed, however, there are some players in this Arsenal team who have maxed out their development and should be moved. OX and Walcott are two players that i just can't see making any more progress. The Ox has actually regressed. Walcott has always depended on his pace to beat opponents, but at 27 years old, he's not as fast any more. It's really frustrating to watch these so-called English core serve up serious 'nkoro' every game.

Ox and Gibbs. As for Walcott, I didn't like him much when he depended on pace, and I am not surprised he hasn't "developed". However, he is still good for the odd goal here and there :sad: :sad: :sad:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Obiagu wrote:Gutsy performance indeed, however, there are some players in this Arsenal team who have maxed out their development and should be moved. OX and Walcott are two players that i just can't see making any more progress. The Ox has actually regressed. Walcott has always depended on his pace to beat opponents, but at 27 years old, he's not as fast any more. It's really frustrating to watch these so-called English core serve up serious 'nkoro' every game.

Ox and Gibbs. As for Walcott, I didn't like him much when he depended on pace, and I am not surprised he hasn't "developed". However, he is still good for the odd goal here and there :sad: :sad: :sad:
AW has their replacements in squad ala Joel Campbell and Iwobi.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Gutsy. Will gladly take this point. Good from AW not to risk rushing Sanchez back, and not playing Ozil in a match we could lose and lose players to injuries.

Oh, and I forgot to add that their fans are still louts and thugs. Insulting Ramsey after Shawcross nearly ended his career. They were singing that "he walks with a limp".
AFCON 2019 sweet o

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Have to say AW and the players really showed something special today..AW does not panic & risk likes of Ozil or Alexis.

Players did not bemoan absence of best players, fought for every blade of grass for 90 minutes @ Mordor...early days but dare I say championesque.
Spot on.
Waffi on another thread i recommended playing Campbell in Ozil position when he's not available. Did you notice that the only clear cut chance created by Arsenal today which Giroud missed was created by Campbell?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Will Walcott score again this season? Will The Ox score another goal in an Arsenal shirt?
Gaffer's being too loyal - if their forms are off for whatever reasons - give them bench time - it's only fair.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

tolahs wrote:
bepanda wrote:Will Walcott score again this season? Will The Ox score another goal in an Arsenal shirt?
Gaffer's being too loyal - if their forms are off for whatever reasons - give them bench time - it's only fair.
Loyal is looking at it positively. The negative side is that their current form will destroy their careers
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

bouncino wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Loyal is looking at it positively. The negative side is that their current form will destroy their careers
The problem is that we are seriously short-handed. If we cant rely on these guys when things are tough, then they need to stop collecting salaries.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bouncino wrote:
tolahs wrote:
The problem is that we are seriously short-handed. If we cant rely on these guys when things are tough, then they need to stop collecting salaries.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ekorian wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bouncino wrote:
tolahs wrote:

we are not fighting relegation :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o