CAF SLAMS NIGERIA WITH FINE FOR AHMADU BELLO STADIUM EYESORE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

The Nigeria Football Federation have been fined $5000 ( ₦ 994,450) by the Confederation of Africa Football for Spectators over packed in stadium, Lack of security in the March 25 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Egypt in Kaduna.

The scenes of spectators hanging off a structure in the Ahmadu Bello Stadium during the game and couple with a breach of security protocol had sparked concerns and headlined major international dailies after the game.

Meanwhile, the NFF also received warning of further sanctions in case ” similar incident occurs further.”

Similarly, The Egyptian Football Association were fined $5000 for the excessive use of lasers in the reverse fixture on March 29 at the Borg El Arab Stadium.

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja ... m-eyesore/?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF SLAMS NIGERIA WITH FINE FOR AHMADU BELLO STADIUM EYE

Post by maceo4 »

So stupid why they don't try to use the fresh Uyo stadium. The state of the art stadium will be packed for SE games.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:So stupid why they don't try to use the fresh Uyo stadium. The state of the art stadium will be packed for SE games.
It is simply one of those things that a normal brain can never understand.
I wish they could fine Pinnick personally becos he went on TV with his strong head to insist that come rain, come shine, we were gonna play that match in Kaduna.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:So stupid why they don't try to use the fresh Uyo stadium. The state of the art stadium will be packed for SE games.
If you will recall, Akwa Ibom had an election petition that was yet to be decided at the time we had to choose a venue.

Akwa Ibom State government was in no position to volunteer to host the Eagles.

Kaduna state government stepped in to host them.

The problem is with the NFF who asked (pleaded) with Kaduna State government to throw the gates open.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
I wish they could fine Pinnick personally becos he went on TV with his strong head to insist that come rain, come shine, we were gonna play that match in Kaduna.
Had someone died, it would have been a different story.

They should have fined the NFF, Pinnick, Kaduna State Government, Sports Minister as well. This could have been one of the greatest sports disasters in our history. We keep tempting fate. If something had happened, would it be termed an accident? The stupidity is just baffling.

Yet, no heads rolled.

SMDH.

The image was scary!!!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:

They should have fined the NFF, Pinnick, Kaduna State Government, Sports Minister as well. This could have been one of the greatest sports disasters in our history. We keep tempting fate. If something had happened, would it be termed an accident? The stupidity is just baffling.

Yet, no heads rolled.

SMDH.

The image was scary!!!
Nigeria & most of its population don't think about safety as no standards are set for anything in life in Nigeria so I doubt it the NFF understands why they have to pay a fine!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Yet, no heads rolled.

SMDH.

The image was scary!!!
Surprised none of these so called social justice pressure groups sued the authorities. We churn out thousands of lawyers every year keep 'em busy.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I keep hearing why cant they use Uyo, is it because people simply refuse to know or they are hard at understanding? Kaduna was chosen because the state forked out money for the match! I am sure if Uyo forked out the money or offer a better deal, the match would have been hosted there. NFF thrives on states offering to host and fund these matches. Enough of these why not Uyo talk. Tell Uyo, Enugu, Calabar or wherever to put money on the table.

NFF cannot fund anything on their own..they are a broke arse bunch.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Only $5000

That is not enough, it should be $50,000 if they want a deterrent.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Only $5K?That na chicken change to those thief and will still play there
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
Nothing wrong with playing in Kaduna. They just need to control the crowd, no overcrowding in the stadium.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nothing wrong with playing in Kaduna. They just need to control the crowd, no overcrowding in the stadium.
Its simply not an international level stadium, we have a couple in the country and choose to ignore them. I don't get it, at the end of the day the NFF should be trying to give the team the best opportunity to win, yet they chose these substandard stadiums because of lack of money.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ol Boy...everything wrong with Kaduna stadium. The only thing right about it is the fact that crowds are willing to attend, pay or no pay. But who wouldn't attend for free - even in Abuja?

Pitch - substandard
Stadium facilities - substandard
Stadium structure/design - substandard.
Did you not feel embarrassed when we walked out into the Egyptian stadium and saw the light years in difference?
I doubt whether the Kaduna stadium would pass for international matches if it were based in Europe, South America or Asia.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ol Boy...everything wrong with Kaduna stadium. The only thing right about it is the fact that crowds are willing to attend, pay or no pay. But who wouldn't attend for free - even in Abuja?

Pitch - substandard
Stadium facilities - substandard
Stadium structure/design - substandard.
Did you not feel embarrassed when we walked out into the Egyptian stadium and saw the light years in difference?
I doubt whether the Kaduna stadium would pass for international matches if it were based in Europe, South America or Asia.
And yet it passed to host a FIFA tournament...make una dey mellow down on these things abeg :D The only thing bloody wrong and one that brought the place to disrepute was the stupid decision to not control the crowd.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Cellular wrote:
If you will recall, Akwa Ibom had an election petition that was yet to be decided at the time we had to choose a venue.

The problem is with the NFF who asked (pleaded) with Kaduna State government to throw the gates open.
Cellular, you're on point. The current Governor, Udom Emmanuel, has shown his interest in Sports. He supported Akwa United to win the FA Cup, signed the oyibo Maurice Cooreman as coach, and sanctioned the appointment of veteran journalist and administrator, Paul Bassey, as Club Chairman. Just like the former Governor, Godswill Akpabio, he is generous enough and will be willing to sponsor future matches. The right contacts need to be made now. I'm willing to help.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cellular, you're on point. The current Governor, Udom Emmanuel, has shown his interest in Sports. He supported Akwa United to win the FA Cup, signed the oyibo Maurice Cooreman as coach, and sanctioned the appointment of veteran journalist and administrator, Paul Bassey, as Club Chairman. Just like the former Governor, Godswill Akpabio, he is generous enough and will be willing to sponsor future matches. The right contacts need to be made now. I'm willing to help.
Please help.
I remember the day I watched the opening ceremony of that stadium. I nor go lie...I was fillled with both pride and regret.
Pride at the world class stadium and the Nigerian culture on display.
Regret that it was a one off and that the reality was that people were suffering.

[/video]