Should Victor Moses be banned from the National Team?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasir
Egg
Egg
Should Victor Moses be banned from the National Team?

Post by ogasir »

That guy is always avoiding friendly games. Anytime he is invited for a friendly game, he fakes injury.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should Victor Moses be banned from the National Team?

Post by vancity eagle »

Banned to be replaced by whom ?

I agree that his missing friendlies is getting annoying, perhaps he should be warned, but make no mistake, he is easily our best winger. We don't have enough quality on the wings to be dropping a player like him. To make matters worse the idiots running the show don't even want to invite Success.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ogasir wrote:That guy is always avoiding friendly games. Anytime he is invited for a friendly game, he fakes injury.
NO YOU SHOULD BE BANNED.
HOW DO YOU KNOW HE IS FAKING INJURY?
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

ogasir wrote:That guy is always avoiding friendly games. Anytime he is invited for a friendly game, he fakes injury.
Banned? He shouldn't even be selected based on his current form. http://www.transfermarkt.com/victor-mos ... eler/59866

27 games, 2 goals and 2 assists.

Shouldn't be worth even typing about.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Despite his poor club form, Victor Moses is still our best winger. He was by far our best player in the away game against Egypt. Unless we find better options, I would continue to invite him if I were the coach. Hopefully, he finds a decent club where he can get a consistent run of games and stays injury free which is a big part of his problem. He should also consider options outside the EPL as well if need be.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Playing for SE these days is a waste of time.
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:Banned to be replaced by whom ?

I agree that his missing friendlies is getting annoying, perhaps he should be warned, but make no mistake, he is easily our best winger. We don't have enough quality on the wings to be dropping a player like him. To make matters worse the idiots running the show don't even want to invite Success.
That is a lie! He isn't. False perception
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

olu wrote:Despite his poor club form, Victor Moses is still our best winger. He was by far our best player in the away game against Egypt. Unless we find better options, I would continue to invite him if I were the coach. Hopefully, he finds a decent club where he can get a consistent run of games and stays injury free which is a big part of his problem. He should also consider options outside the EPL as well if need be.
Big Lie!! We will find out soon that it is a lie. He's a one hit wonder- Winning the AFCON 2012 is already fading.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Banned to be replaced by whom ?

That is a lie! He isn't. False perception
Name one winger better than him.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Let's look at out other option on the wings:

Simon: Good player, but Moses is a better crosser than him and delivers a better final ball.
Musa: See what I wrote about Simon. Will be much more effective if he is used as a center forward. His speed and running more often than not is wasted by his inability to deliver a good final ball. His ability to finish also makes him more effective as a forward.
Godwin: Has spent more time on the bench than on the field. Still a raw player.
Iwobi: Think he's best as an AM. He's been thriving as an AM for Arsenal, but looked just ok in the one game he's played for the SE as a winger.
Oduwa: Need more time to assess him. Has real potential. Needs to bet back to the EPL or first division in a major league.
Success: Not really in direct competition with Moses. I would play success on the right, while Moses plays on the left.

My ideal combination for the SE would be Moses, Ighalo, and Success as the front 3, with Iwobi as the AM right behind them.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Moses is not international class. Make una no worry, my boy Oduwa will soon show you what a true winger is.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

olu wrote:Let's look at out other option on the wings:

Simon: Good player, but Moses is a better crosser than him and delivers a better final ball.
Musa: See what I wrote about Simon. Will be much more effective if he is used as a center forward. His speed and running more often than not is wasted by his inability to deliver a good final ball. His ability to finish also makes him more effective as a forward.
Iwobi: Think he's best as an AM. He's been thriving as an AM for Arsenal, but looked just ok in the one game he's played for the SE as a winger.
Oduwa: Need more time to assess him. Has real potential. Needs to bet back to the EPL or first division in a major league.
Success: Not really in direct competition with Moses. I would play success on the right, while Moses plays on the left.

My ideal combination for the SE would be Moses, Ighalo, and Success as the front 3, with Iwobi as the AM right behind them.
Nice write up but all the statistical evidence points to the contrary (excluding new boy Oduwa)

Simon: 3 goals, 4 assists
Musa: 18 goals, 6 assists
Iwobi: 6 goals, 5 assists
Success: 6 goals, 5 assists
Moses: 2 goals, 2 assists
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Stats don't tell the whole story. Simon plays in the much weaker Belgian league and would be on the bench as well if he was at West Ham. He's actually spent a lot of time on the bench at Genk this season. Musa plays as a center forward and is better in that position than on the wings, so I would naturally expect him to score more goals. Moses is much more effective as a winger than Musa.

Iwobi also looks better as an AM, so I wouldn't say he is competing with Moses. As for Success, I would actually play him and Moses at the same time. I admit he has had a better season than Moses.
obaGol wrote:

Nice write up but all the statistical evidence points to the contrary (excluding new boy Oduwa)

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...who cares?
You think the guy gives a damn?
Who wan jump from frying pan into Nigerian football fire and inept fraud?
Especially if they have tasted and experienced the ineptness of the NFA.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No, if Musa and Mikel can be excused, why not Moses?

Friendlies are mean't to test new players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
nim
Egg
Egg

Post by nim »

olu wrote:Stats don't tell the whole story. Simon plays in the much weaker Belgian league and would be on the bench as well if he was at West Ham. He's actually spent a lot of time on the bench at Genk this season. Musa plays as a center forward and is better in that position than on the wings, so I would naturally expect him to score more goals. Moses is much more effective as a winger than Musa.

Iwobi also looks better as an AM, so I wouldn't say he is competing with Moses. As for Success, I would actually play him and Moses at the same time. I admit he has had a better season than Moses.
obaGol wrote:

Aminu Umar is far better than Moses at the moment. 8 goals from the wings this season no be beans!
dude has raked up more MOM awards in Turkey than most.. I also heard he's the 2nd best player in Turkey which is not mean feat.

from what I gathered recently he's just being signed by Besiktas .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

nim wrote:
olu wrote:Stats don't tell the whole story. Simon plays in the much weaker Belgian league and would be on the bench as well if he was at West Ham. He's actually spent a lot of time on the bench at Genk this season. Musa plays as a center forward and is better in that position than on the wings, so I would naturally expect him to score more goals. Moses is much more effective as a winger than Musa.

obaGol wrote:

Aminu Umar is far better than Moses at the moment. 8 goals from the wings this season no be beans!
dude has raked up more MOM awards in Turkey than most.. I also heard he's the 2nd best player in Turkey which is not mean feat.

Who cares? From what I gather Moses was way better than Aminu both legs of the Egypt tie...As long as Aminu keeps flopping in the SE, Moses will always start over him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Some of you guys are really overrating Victor Moses. The SE will not be missing much if he his banned
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ogasir wrote:Some of you guys are really overrating Victor Moses. The SE will not be missing much if he his banned
Ban him now haba
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

nim wrote:

obaGol wrote:

No wonder, Nigeria can't qualify for ordinary Nations cup. Players like aminu should be allowed to play for Togo. Claiming aminu is better than victor Moses should be a criminal offense
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rubbish!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Daft thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Daft thread
Kpom.