Manu Garba 'Begins Again'...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Manu Garba 'Begins Again'...

Post by Damunk »

Plenty 'salute' for this man who lost all his respect from Nigeria's fickle fans (the Nffs) over a few bad decisions at the last U20 WC. To add insult to injury, he was 'demoted' back to the U17 team if u can call it that, much to his initial displeasure.

This was a man that was being touted right here on CE as the near-future SE coach when his teams were mesmerising the world with 'Playstation Soccer'.

The man of few words has admirably opted to keep his peace and do it all over again from scratch.
I pray he succeeds and proves it was no fluke.
I 'remain loyal'. :thumb:

Manu opens Eaglets’ screening with 40 players
By The NFF

Updated: May 28, 2016

Nigeria’s 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup-winning coach Manu Garba (OON) will on Monday begin the screening of new players at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project in Abuja, towards putting together another world –conquering squad that will start with qualification for next year's Africa U-17 Cup of Nations to be hosted in Madagascar.

The Golden Eaglets are the current world champions after a team led by Emmanuel Amuneke (MFR) won a record fifth title for the country in Chile last year, and Garba noted all hands must now be on deck with the team's qualifier against neighbouring Niger fast approaching.

Garba told thenff.com that the open screening would last for three weeks starting with a list of 40 invited players scouted across the country, even as he called on ambitious and confident players within the stipulated age bracket to avail themselves of the opportunity. "We don't have much time to waste and we are going to use just three weeks for open screening in order to have a close look at the 40 invited players," stated Garba."It will also be an opportunity for us to see others since many uninvited players may also turn up, based on our previous experience."

Meanwhile, officials have warned that players coming for the screening exercise would as a matter of fact, take care of their personal welfare in terms of accommodation and feeding. They are advised to turn up with their playing kits as well as official documents to proof they are within the stipulated age bracket for the competition.

The Golden Eaglets would be away to Niger Republic on the first weekend of August, with the reverse fixture a fortnight later. The final tournament of the U-17 AFCON will be held from 2nd – 16th April 2017 in Madagascar.

http://www.thenff.com/2016/05/manu-open ... 0-players/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Manu Garba 'Begins Again'...

Post by Benedict Iroha »

he is an ediot
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the way we do things in that country in the year 2016 is just incredible.
I bet somewhere in many offices they still use carbon papers, clitty clatter old remington typewriters with ribbon, brown manila folders tied together with hemp ropes or twine.
Just sad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Benedict Iroha wrote:he is an ediot

I agree.

What he did at the U20 world up made Ke$hi look like an honest broker.

Ke$hi for the most part filled his bench with junks not the starting lineup. What a fraud.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

Ke$hi for the most part filled his bench with junks not the starting lineup. What a fraud.
That's where he belongs. Can't cut it where brain matter is required.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Manu garba should not be anywhere near a Nigerian team. The talent of kele won 9ja the World Cup not the player agent crook Manu, as soon as He decided to bench kele for some clowns like Sokari and the others he was trying to sell, the rest they say is history. Nigeria will suffer when greedy crooks like manu continue to coach national teams.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

I still cannot understand his logic....
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

9jaMan wrote:

Manu garba should not be anywhere near a Nigerian team. The talent of kele won 9ja the World Cup not the player agent crook Manu, as soon as He decided to bench kele for some clowns like Sokari and the others he was trying to sell, the rest they say is history. Nigeria will suffer when greedy crooks like manu continue to coach national teams.
If not for Kelechi he will be nowhere near any Nigerian team....We give him too much credit for the 2013 u-17 world cup win....Kele and Yahaya were the soul of that team but yet he refused to play them in NZ
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

See logic!
Observation: 'Star' players arrive U20 WC team hotel at very last minute.
Action: Players dropped from starting line-up
Inference: Coach is clueless, corrupt, and wants to play and 'sell' other players.

Question: So why did he bend over backwards to accomodate them in the first place?
Answer: Because he was corrupt.
Question: Anything to back this up?
Answer: No. But it is obvious he is clueless and corrupt
Question: Any other possibilities?
Answer: Yes. He is a crook.

What a short-sighted, ungrateful, clueless bunch.... :roll:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

Try and consider the fact that you guys' logic is even harder to understand. But let's ignore that.... :D
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

Try and consider the fact that you guys' logic is even harder to understand. But let's ignore that.... :D

You are not making any sense whatsoever.

Isaac Success and Yahaya were the 2 best players in that opening match vs Brazil. They were both dropped for the rest of the tournament. They both coincidentally had euro clubs while they were replaced for scrubs looking to get contracts. You think we are stupid not to see what was going on ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

You are not making any sense whatsoever.

Isaac Success and Yahaya were the 2 best players in that opening match vs Brazil. They were both dropped for the rest of the tournament. They both coincidentally had euro clubs while they were replaced for scrubs looking to get contracts. You think we are stupid not to see what was going on ?
Either you are rewriting history or your memory is failing you. :idea:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:See logic!
Inference: Coach is clueless, corrupt, and wants to play and 'sell' other players.

Question: So why did he bend over backwards to accomodate them in the first place?

Nigeria football will fail more times than it succeeds because of our impatient attitude.
We also don't do discipline. We would rather a player with talent walk in at the ninth hour and pick up a shirt than an ever present disciplined player.

As fans we are just as bad as the people managing our game. Are we not from the same soil?

Garba's u20 gig did not go according to plan and that ends it. It's as if you must be perfect, you're not allowed to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes.

The same guy that made us so proud with one of the best displays of attacking football ever witnessed on the world stage was thrown under the bus by fans and the football house. As a result the talented bunch is now dispersed and a promising generation that understands each other's game decimated in one tournament.
Any sensible organization would have sat down and do a postmortem of the whole tournament and try to understand what went wrong and what could have been done differently. But no. We ended it and the new u17 squad is now our darling, until something goes wrong there too and invariably it always does since no one has a monopoly on success
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

Damunk wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

Nah!
You must admit that it was very foolish of Manu to be posing for pictures with Sokaris agent during that competition. That cast a big shadow on his integrity.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chingo Bling wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

Nah!
You must admit that it was very foolish of Manu to be posing for pictures with Sokaris agent during that competition. That cast a big shadow on his integrity.
'Foolish' maybe. Nothing more.
If that's your 'proof' of anything, then it says a lot about how you reach conclusions.
For all we know, it could've been an opportunistic photo by a very wily agent. I don't know.
Do you? :idea:
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Some how I am I between, Manu has discovered the most talented youth players for nigeria. E.g Ndidi, Kelechi ,nwakali success and musa Muhammed, awoniyi, yahaya. For I will forgive him for what he did in the U20s.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

jb wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

That's where he belongs. Can't cut it where brain matter is required.
Atleast he has a brain... unlike you
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

pajimoh wrote:

Nigeria football will fail more times than it succeeds because of our impatient attitude.
We also don't do discipline. We would rather a player with talent walk in at the ninth hour and pick up a shirt than an ever present disciplined player.

As fans we are just as bad as the people managing our game. Are we not from the same soil?

Garba's u20 gig did not go according to plan and that ends it. It's as if you must be perfect, you're not allowed to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes.

The same guy that made us so proud with one of the best displays of attacking football ever witnessed on the world stage was thrown under the bus by fans and the football house. As a result the talented bunch is now dispersed and a promising generation that understands each other's game decimated in one tournament.
Any sensible organization would have sat down and do a postmortem of the whole tournament and try to understand what went wrong and what could have been done differently. But no. We ended it and the new u17 squad is now our darling, until something goes wrong there too and invariably it always does since no one has a monopoly on success
Bushboy :taunt:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:Plenty 'salute' for this man who lost all his respect from Nigeria's fickle fans (the Nffs) over a few bad decisions at the last U20 WC. To add insult to injury, he was 'demoted' back to the U17 team if u can call it that, much to his initial displeasure.

This was a man that was being touted right here on CE as the near-future SE coach when his teams were mesmerising the world with 'Playstation Soccer'.

The man of few words has admirably opted to keep his peace and do it all over again from scratch.

By The NFF

Nigeria’s 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup-winning coach Manu Garba (OON) will on Monday begin the screening of new players at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project in Abuja, towards putting together another world –conquering squad that will start with qualification for next year's Africa U-17 Cup of Nations to be hosted in Madagascar.

The Golden Eaglets are the current world champions after a team led by Emmanuel Amuneke (MFR) won a record fifth title for the country in Chile last year, and Garba noted all hands must now be on deck with the team's qualifier against neighbouring Niger fast approaching.

Garba told thenff.com that the open screening would last for three weeks starting with a list of 40 invited players scouted across the country, even as he called on ambitious and confident players within the stipulated age bracket to avail themselves of the opportunity. "We don't have much time to waste and we are going to use just three weeks for open screening in order to have a close look at the 40 invited players," stated Garba."It will also be an opportunity for us to see others since many uninvited players may also turn up, based on our previous experience."

Meanwhile, officials have warned that players coming for the screening exercise would as a matter of fact, take care of their personal welfare in terms of accommodation and feeding. They are advised to turn up with their playing kits as well as official documents to proof they are within the stipulated age bracket for the competition.

The Golden Eaglets would be away to Niger Republic on the first weekend of August, with the reverse fixture a fortnight later. The final tournament of the U-17 AFCON will be held from 2nd – 16th April 2017 in Madagascar.

I take the view that he should never have been moved away from the U-17 level. We need to allow our coaches who have shown dexterity in a particular area to remain there and help build our football.

Manu is far more value to Nigerian football as long as he can continue unearthing talented and genuine U-17 players..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:Plenty 'salute' for this man who lost all his respect from Nigeria's fickle fans (the Nffs) over a few bad decisions at the last U20 WC. To add insult to injury, he was 'demoted' back to the U17 team if u can call it that, much to his initial displeasure.

By The NFF

I take the view that he should never have been moved away from the U-17 level. We need to allow our coaches who have shown dexterity in a particular area to remain there and help build our football.

Manu is far more value to Nigerian football as long as he can continue unearthing talented and genuine U-17 players..
I agree that he is extremely adept at unearthing new young talent, but I find it extremely short-sighted of all who have assessed and concluded on his abilities based on 4 WC matches at the U20 level. He won the freaking African equivalent for God's sake, but is now suddenly deemed not to have 'the brains' to perform beyond U17 level.

Its the same kind of parochial mentality that limits our black football managers from being given the chance to break beyond the youth level in Europe.

If we weren't all Nigerians spouting this stupidity we would be rightly attributing such attitudes to pure racism.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:

By The NFF

I agree that he is extremely adept at unearthing new young talent, but I find it extremely short-sighted of all who have assessed and concluded on his abilities based on 4 WC matches at the U20 level. He won the freaking African equivalent for God's sake, but is now suddenly deemed not to have 'the brains' to perform beyond U17 level.

Its the same kind of parochial mentality that limits our black football managers from being given the chance to break beyond the youth level in Europe.

If we weren't all Nigerians spouting this stupidity we would be rightly attributing such attitudes to pure racism.

But why is it so important for Nigeria that he is able to perform beyond the U-17 level?

He can become a global icon in world football by excelling at the U-17 level. There are many examples of this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:

By The NFF

Manu went to the under 20 World Cup and selected players like a player agent, Nigerians were ready to see kele shine, instead folks were forced to watch Sokari, where is Sokari and where is kele now? Please try to understand the facts and stop with the lame excuses
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

pajimoh wrote:

That's the crazy Nigeria cycle in a nutshell as perpetuated by fans and administrators.

Having said that, Manu did bungle the job when it mattered most for the Flying Eagles.