innerCacus team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: innerCacus team

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:IMO, I don't like the idea of Ideye starting up top but it is what it is. For me, I would have liked Iwobi at the Nacho spot and Nacho taking Ideye's spot and then Ahmed Musa in that lineup.
Nacho loses a lot of balls when he plays up top...
The deeper role that he usually plays for the SE seems more suitable for him.

As for Musa, frankly I am ambivalent given his recent SE performances...
As YEYEMAN would say, between Musa and Simon, it's two bald dudes fighting over a comb!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

No midfield in an away game.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:IMO, I don't like the idea of Ideye starting up top but it is what it is. For me, I would have liked Iwobi at the Nacho spot and Nacho taking Ideye's spot and then Ahmed Musa in that lineup.

As YEYEMAN would say, between Musa and Simon, it's two bald dudes fighting over a comb!
Gotti,

I just don't trust Ideye TBH. Playing up top leads to losing a lot of balls compared to playing in the middle as a function of positional difference. Thus, I am not that concerned with Nacho losing balls up top. As for Musa, I am ambivalent (as you are) especially about his offensive contributions but there are two things that he always always brings: (1) defensive effort & help, and (2) pace going forward. If Vic Moses was in the Zambia game, I would not bat an eyelid if Musa does not start but I am having a hard time with Ideye starting. I just hope it all turns out good for us.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti,

I just don't trust Ideye TBH. Playing up top leads to losing a lot of balls compared to playing in the middle as a function of positional difference. Thus, I am not that concerned with Nacho losing balls up top. As for Musa, I am ambivalent (as you are) especially about his offensive contributions but there are two things that he always always brings: (1) defensive effort & help, and (2) pace going forward. If Vic Moses was in the Zambia game, I would not bat an eyelid if Musa does not start but I am having a hard time with Ideye starting. I just hope it all turns out good for us.
Both Nacho and Ideye will be in the attack so I don't understand this trust issue. Ideye did not score in the last ANC we won but was involved in almost every goal Emanuel scored. I'll take such effort in this game if it leads to 3 points for Nigeria.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
denilson
Egg
Egg

Post by denilson »

1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti,

Both Nacho and Ideye will be in the attack so I don't understand this trust issue. Ideye did not score in the last ANC we won't but was involved in almost every goal Emanuel scored. I'll take such effort in this game if it leads to 3 points for Nigeria.

Ideye scored against Mali in a 4-1 victory. Please check your facts.
What do ye imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.........Nahum 1: 9

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

I don't like this formation. Can someone substantiate Ideye's form for him to lead the line? I see wasted scoring opportunities as Ideye is not a striker you can trust unless he's somehow gone through a transformation. Why not use Nacho where he has been excelling this season? Iwobi will be a target of the Zambians given all the hype and possibly double teamed. How bad is Musa's form? Must be really bad. Not comfortable with this team upfront but I hope it works out for them.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nacho should be the main striker. Iwobi is a better midfielder than Nacho.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Depends on how you look at it. Some say the best form of defense is to attack. We're not favorites to qualify so we might as well go for it. Nothing to lose if you ask me.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have to go for the win.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:We have to go for the win.
Yes, but that does not mean being reckless about it. A win should be pursued with some caution which requires that the wide forwards be able to contribute in ball recovery.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nacho should be the main striker. Iwobi is a better midfielder than Nacho.
And does the formation suggests to you that Nacho would be playing as a midfielder? :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Nacho should be the main striker. Iwobi is a better midfielder than Nacho.
And does the formation suggests to you that Nacho would be playing as a midfielder? :blink:
That is the way the formation looks.

I do not trust Nacho's ball control in the hole and think he might struggle. If Rohr intends to use him a false second striker then things might work well.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Donzman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I do not trust Nacho's ball control in the hole and think he might struggle. If Rohr intends to use him a false second striker then things might work well.

Too many people with trust issues on this site.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

1naija wrote:
Donzman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Too many people with trust issues on this site.
Football is built on trust between teammates, players and coaches, and the team and its fans.

Right now we do not trust the SE because of previous disappointments. :taunt: :taunt:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Donzman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Nope...
Looks like Nacho playing the same (support striker) role behind Ighalo that he played against Tanzania.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

no defense... :shock:
Robotnik wrote:Can anyone see the danger in this line up.

We are playing away to Zambia, but this is a home game formation and personnel.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Good squads except I will replace Onazi with Esiti (I prefer a taller stronger player at DM) and Mohammed with Yusuf (the Olympic team right back).
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Has Ndidi ever been tried as a right back? The boy has a prodigious talent to be confined to the bench. In the mid field the only player I can envisage better than him is Milkel because of experience. He has colossal talent to be ignored in such important must win match. Onazi or Musa Mohammed should give way to him. That's my own tuppence. I'm not a coach or a pundit, this is my honest opinion from my observations of all the players,
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

bully12 wrote:Has Ndidi ever been tried as a right back? The boy has a prodigious talent to be confined to the bench. In the mid field the only player I can envisage better than him is Milkel because of experience. He has colossal talent to be ignored in such important must win match. Onazi or Musa Mohammed should give way to him. That's my own tuppence. I'm not a coach or a pundit, this is my honest opinion from my observations of all the players,

Thanks for your opinion. Now go back and eat your Nkwobi before Magi gives it to your fellow metro bus driver.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Musa come in as what? Musa is never a winger and would be ideye's replacement. Lineup is good with Simon hold up game, Musa easily gives up ball possession.
Last edited by osita on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

osita wrote:
Musa come me in as what? Musa is never a winger and would be ideye's replacement. Lineup is good with Simon hold up game, Musa easily gives up ball possession.
Agreed. Simon and Iwobi may be the keys to Super eagles victory. . If they can be able to break down the defense and place good passes to Kelechi SE may be coming home with a victory. But with Musa honestly I have my doubts .
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti,

Both Nacho and Ideye will be in the attack so I don't understand this trust issue. Ideye did not score in the last ANC we won but was involved in almost every goal Emanuel scored. I'll take such effort in this game if it leads to 3 points for Nigeria.
Bros nobody is expecting Ideye to score exquisite goals like Kelechi but when the goal is wide open and he still misses them it is extremely heart breaking and annoying . Unfortunately he is guilty of that always. As a striker he needs to score goals at times especially the easy ones. Such outrageous misses are definitely not acceptable and there is no room for that in highly and tough competitive qualification series.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

felarey wrote:I don't like this formation. Can someone substantiate Ideye's form for him to lead the line? I see wasted scoring opportunities as Ideye is not a striker you can trust unless he's somehow gone through a transformation.
Ideye has been very much on target for Olympiakos this season. Him and Emenike are the most prolific goalscorers Nigeria has in Europe at the moment. Like it or not the call up is not without merit, although i really like Obaje and would love the coach to take a chance on him.