[TBL] Man United v Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [TBL] Man United v Arsenal

Post by anikulapo »

Full time at St. Mary's, cmon Palace pull one back
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Via Twitter
A no show from Özil after a fortnight off. Don't go showing me any nutmeg Gifs.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You applaud such lazy analysis which looks to scapegoat a player. Sanchez was our worst player today but we want to bash Ozil. Why? Because we have an agenda towards the player.

The way Arsenal set up made it easy to mark Ozil out of the game especially with Sanchez killing every opportunity with his poor play. With Iwobi, Santi and even Xhaka out, there was only Ozil to create. It was easy for him to be marked out because he was the only danger to ManU. Arsenal went to defend with 7, leaving Sanchez, Walcott and Ozil to attack. IMHO, it did not work, when we conceded, we changed it put more attackers on the pitch and we got our goal.
Arsenal parked the bus and we are told it is quality lol
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

OMGGGG that should have been the equalizer for palace ...useless team

Full time :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You applaud such lazy analysis which looks to scapegoat a player. Sanchez was our worst player today but we want to bash Ozil. Why? Because we have an agenda towards the player.

The way Arsenal set up made it easy to mark Ozil out of the game especially with Sanchez killing every opportunity with his poor play. With Iwobi, Santi and even Xhaka out, there was only Ozil to create. It was easy for him to be marked out because he was the only danger to ManU. Arsenal went to defend with 7, leaving Sanchez, Walcott and Ozil to attack. IMHO, it did not work, when we conceded, we changed it put more attackers on the pitch and we got our goal.
Arsenal parked the bus and we are told it is quality lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

SylverEagles wrote:What's a day for Yaya Toure! Happy for him to get back to playing football rather than all that churlish primadonna stuff! :clap:
You can't keep a good man down for long!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

That loser deserves a pay cut for stealing money from this team .... most overrated joker ever.

Alexis deserves 250k per week.

What a lionheart
Alexis was categorically the worst arsenal frontline player today...virtually every ball that found its way to him died an instant death. He hustled and bustled, sure but he contributed zero to the play. Meanwhile ozil was schemed out, Mourinho made sure the ball NEVER got to him. Go buy another three jerseys and save us from your ceaseless whinging.

I usually agree with you, but the highlighted? Haba. Maybe he was the worst if you consider he was the ONLY frontline player that actually played? Ramsey, Ozil and Walcott sis not make it unto the pitch.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:

That you keep repeating this falsehood doesn't make it true. Sanchez was worse than Ozil, Walcott and Ramsey? Perhaps, he looked worse because he had to play winger, ballwinner, striker and playmaker?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

That you keep repeating this falsehood doesn't make it true. Sanchez was worse than Ozil, Walcott and Ramsey? Perhaps, he looked worse because he had to play winger, ballwinner, striker and playmaker?

The depth of delusion amongst the Ozilites is worse than a viral strain. See the depths of instantly that people reach into to find a way to defend a hopeless player :rotf: :rotf:

And it's only on CE .... none of the muppets would dare utter such drivel on another Arsenal site :rotf:

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

That loser deserves a pay cut for stealing money from this team .... most overrated joker ever.

What a lionheart
Alexis was categorically the worst arsenal frontline player today...virtually every ball that found its way to him died an instant death. He hustled and bustled, sure but he contributed zero to the play. Meanwhile ozil was schemed out, Mourinho made sure the ball NEVER got to him. Go buy another three jerseys and save us from your ceaseless whinging.

I usually agree with you, but the highlighted? Haba. Maybe he was the worst if you consider he was the ONLY frontline player that actually played? Ramsey, Ozil and Walcott sis not make it unto the pitch.
Chief, plays died at his feet. That's why I think he was the worst. The others you name were maybe zeroes. He however was a negative. I've already said I blame Arsene for that setup that was wholly negative but Alexis was actively giving the ball away time after time as shown by his passer completion percentage. It's exactly why Barcelona sold him. The scheme curtailed Ozil and the wingers were dulled....Alexis dropped deep, got the ball then gave it away...time after time.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

The depth of delusion amongst the Ozilites is worse than a viral strain. See the depths of instantly that people reach into to find a way to defend a hopeless player :rotf: :rotf:

And it's only on CE .... none of the muppets would dare utter such drivel on another Arsenal site :rotf:
Ozilites....yet there's only one person here who's been in the ozil jersey buying game... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:It was shocking how easy it was for Pogba to bully Le Coq today. Again why Xhaka when you could have gotten Wanyama for a third of the price .... another horrible decision and a waste of money for a glorified Tom Huddlestone
Wanyama will not get near Pogba, he is not quick or mobile enough. BTW! He did not bully Coq. Arsenal had their fair share of that game in terms of possession. What we lacked was creativity from midfield, but it was by design.

ManU at half time realised Arsenal have come for a draw, so they attacked and got the goal which incidentally was down to pour marking from one of Ramsey, Elneny and Coq.

The Manager changed it immediately and it paid off. Wenger got exactly what he wanted from the game. He did not want to lose, Giroud's goal ensured we did not lose. That was a magnificent point in the circumstances. It is a goal that shows the type of team we have become mentally. In previous seasons we lose that game by at 2 goals.

Bottomline: If you cannot win it, do not lose it.

Waffi:

"ManU at half time realised Arsenal have come for a draw, so they attacked and got the goal which incidentally was down to pour marking from one of Ramsey, Elneny and Coq."

When I talk say Waffi no sabi wetin em dey see for football field una go think say na yabs :rotf:

Even a blind man could see that Walcott was at fault for not tracking back and taking Mata smh :rotf:

Waffi the textbook analyst :lol:

MLK.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

platinum wrote:Meanwhile, let's take the time to appreciate Olivier Giroud. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The feeling of pure unadulterated joy as that goal went in was just .... especially watching the game with Manure fan! :D

Immediately that cross went up from Ox, I was screaming GIROUD and he duly obliged! He has earned a season pass from criticism from me for that.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

What a lionheart

Chief, plays died at his feet. That's why I think he was the worst. The others you name were maybe zeroes. He however was a negative. I've already said I blame Arsene for that setup that was wholly negative but Alexis was actively giving the ball away time after time as shown by his passer completion percentage. It's exactly why Barcelona sold him. The scheme curtailed Ozil and the wingers were dulled....Alexis dropped deep, got the ball then gave it away...time after time.
We are saying the same thing then. The others were Zeroes because they might as well not have showed up. He is a negative because he actually tried and failed, and therefore is the "worst" when you compare him against himself :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I hope you guys are watching the Wizard Payet abusing TOTO unlike the 200k wannabe with bug eyes

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote:Meanwhile, let's take the time to appreciate Olivier Giroud. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The feeling of pure unadulterated joy as that goal went in was just .... especially watching the game with Manure fan! :D

Immediately that cross went up from Ox, I was screaming GIROUD and he duly obliged! He has earned a season pass from criticism from me for that.
Omo, as in...all the manure fans waiting to issue me verbal bulala after the game just weak mehn...Wetin Giroud do for me today, I will never forget him...Dia FADA! :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

What a lionheart

We are saying the same thing then. The others were Zeroes because they might as well not have showed up. He is a negative because he actually tried and failed, and therefore is the "worst" when you compare him against himself :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
I'd take the zeroes everyday. Mathematically, they're better than a minus. Minus works against your team. Anyhow, all this is a roundabout way of saying Wenger set the team up to fail. When EVERY attacking player looks like that, you look at the coach always. *he redeemed himself with the subs even though they came as a reaction to United's goal almost too late
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:I hope you guys are watching the Wizard Payet abusing TOTO unlike the 200k wannabe with bug eyes
waaaaah waaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

1 shot on goal v a tattered Manure team..smh
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

paj wrote:1 shot on goal v a tattered Manure team..smh
Instead of zero point, we get one point. Job done. :P :P :P :P

Nor be every team we go yansh like we yansh Chelshyt. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

With the supposed best #10 in the world playing 90 minutes :laugh:
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:

With the supposed beast #10 in the world playing 90 minutes :laugh:

Yes O! I remember those good ol days when Arsenal had great number 10s like Santi and Wilshere, they used to beat Mourinho 10-2 every time! Kai, the good ol days. Back then you used to abuse Arsenal and support the opponents so you wouldn't know anything about those 10-2 games :mrgreen:
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

A very undeserved point for Arsenal today. Girond should stay on the bench though he is more effective there.
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

Tunisian Gunner: what's your take on Giroud's "pointless" goal yesterday?
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.