OLOYE's Co-Defender at 3SC: Seun Roberts now in the US Army

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
OLOYE's Co-Defender at 3SC: Seun Roberts now in the US Army

Post by Toxicarrow »

Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLOYE's Co-Defender at 3SC: Seun Roberts now in the US A

Post by oloye »

:lol: Amaral as we call him back on the day a very very wicked defender. If i say i slide people,this guy's own os special. He is left footed..dribble him to the right side ,but woe betide you if you go to his left, sometimes i weep for the poor attackers who do so out of ignorance...when Amaral sweeps you both the sand and the grass come off...i have not accounted for the poor striker oh..my love for the environment made my reach first for the poor soil and grass.

His overlapping was great...but his sweeping..hmm that is one for the memories
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

oloye wrote::lol: Amaral as we call him back on the day a very very wicked defender. If i say i slide people,this guy's own os special. He is left footed..dribble him to the right side ,but woe betide you if you go to his left, sometimes i weep for the poor attackers who do so out of ignorance...when Amaral sweeps you both the sand and the grass come off...i have not accounted for the poor striker oh..my love for the environment made my reach first for the poor soil and grass.

Your partner in bone-crushing (Igbobi-like) tackles :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Toxicarrow wrote:
oloye wrote::lol: Amaral as we call him back on the day a very very wicked defender. If i say i slide people,this guy's own os special. He is left footed..dribble him to the right side ,but woe betide you if you go to his left, sometimes i weep for the poor attackers who do so out of ignorance...when Amaral sweeps you both the sand and the grass come off...i have not accounted for the poor striker oh..my love for the environment made my reach first for the poor soil and grass.

Your partner in bone-crushing (Igbobi-like) tackles :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
See poetic description of bone crushing.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

metalalloy wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

...During my jeun jeun days, this na one of those operation-sweep defenders you don`t want to play against in December period otherwise, you might end up with three options on Christmas day..stay back at home, wear Dansiki to church or forced to wear dark spectacles cos of black eyes...wicket guys :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

dhoney wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

...During my jeun jeun days, this na one of those operation-sweep defenders you don`t want to play against in December period otherwise, you might end up with three options on Christmas day..stay back at home, wear Dansiki to church or forced to wear dark spectacles cos of black eyes...wicket guys :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

dhoney wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

So you are one of those attackers i use to intercede for :lol: Seun or Amaral , a product and veteran of Oyo state principal's cup competition. As i said earlier dribble him to the left at your own peril. Damn i have seen some sweeping in my life, his own is like a lawn mower...even with weeping sore or kobo on his thighs, the left thigh ofcourse, Amaral will simply fold his shorts and say to the attackers...who is next! Pele dhoney, i can feel you, i saw so many others swept onto the raw tracks of Adamasingba, the Lord ne praised like you they lived to tell the story. :clap:

The day i saw Amaral in army uniform i was not surprised..that instinct to maim was inherent!

Toxicarrow ,if you talk to him dont believe anything he has to say about me..most will be exaggeration! :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

He would have become a General in Naija Army and probably retired after many years of performing active duties "pepper souping" at Rukuba Barracks. :woot:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

Oloye what kind of stone age football did you play? Sweeping? God forbid bad thing! No wonder some of you never made it out of the local league. Imagine having a CV and writing "Best football skill-set: Sweeping". Oyibo will just say this one is a match to match red card waiting to happen.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Celebrity wrote:Oloye what kind of stone age football did you play? Sweeping? God forbid bad thing! No wonder some of you never made it out of the local league. Imagine having a CV and writing "Best football skill-set: Sweeping". Oyibo will just say this one is a match to match red card waiting to happen.
Yeah stone age indeed..guess you never heard of Uli Stielike, Claudio Gentile, Taribo West, Terry Butcher, Buchwald, John Terry, Ramos and Pepe aghhh! some of the finest defenders that ever graced the game. Which kain celebrity you be sef :lol:

Sweeping was another word for sliding tackle, something few defenders do in Naija league because of the nature of the fields always hard and bald. Because it was not common players are caught off guard when it comes. A nice clean sliding tackle well timed while the ball is at the feet of the attacker produces a sweeping effect both the ball, the defender and the attacker go on a bob sleigh ride. Now if the grass is wet and on a rainy day..what a sweet ride..you measure the sweetness of the ride by the distance.

But on a dry dusty harmmattan season afternoon, you measure the sweetness of yoir sweeping by the amount of dust and how long it takes for the dust to settle, the size of the kobo on your thigh and the bruises on the poor attackers body. Sometimes there is the jara of watching the poor sod dust himself and spit out sand while trying to curse you. The more curses they spew out tells how effective your sweeping tackle was.

By the way you call it primitive, did you watch Liverpool v Westham, if you did not please go and watch the best tackle of the match, a sweeping sliding tackle that got all good defenders of the game drooling with delight. Loveren(what a defender) tackled the bandit Anthonio , it was such a beautiful sight to behold as both of them with the ball glided off the field like siamese twins. I think Anthonio got a souveirnir..a bruised elbow which he will be showing to his grand children proudly in years to come. Stone age..i dont think so..... :lol:

There was a time when attackers dribbling skills included skipping over sliding tackles, as a result you dont have to wait till the athletics season to watch good old hurdling skill on display, the best dribblers also knew how to hurdle , watching them skip past a sweeping tackle remains a joy to behold..sadly though, this is a skill many would never see again!

leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

I think I remember this dude. Was he one of Coach Gomez's boys?
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

leftee wrote:

You are right..the original liberty boys!

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

oloye wrote:
leftee wrote:

We love baba Gomez we are Gomez boys :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ojafranpa wrote:
oloye wrote:
leftee wrote:

We love baba Gomez we are Gomez boys :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
So you be liberty boy too? Oya authenticate yourself..name at least 6 names ... :D

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
Celebrity wrote:Oloye what kind of stone age football did you play? Sweeping? God forbid bad thing! No wonder some of you never made it out of the local league. Imagine having a CV and writing "Best football skill-set: Sweeping". Oyibo will just say this one is a match to match red card waiting to happen.
Yeah stone age indeed..guess you never heard of Uli Stielike, Claudio Gentile, Taribo West, Terry Butcher, Buchwald, John Terry, Ramos and Pepe aghhh! some of the finest defenders that ever graced the game. Which kain celebrity you be sef :lol:

Sweeping was another word for sliding tackle, something few defenders do in Naija league because of the nature of the fields always hard and bald. Because it was not common players are caught off guard when it comes. A nice clean sliding tackle well timed while the ball is at the feet of the attacker produces a sweeping effect both the ball, the defender and the attacker go on a bob sleigh ride. Now if the grass is wet and on a rainy day..what a sweet ride..you measure the sweetness of the ride by the distance.

But on a dry dusty harmmattan season afternoon, you measure the sweetness of yoir sweeping by the amount of dust and how long it takes for the dust to settle, the size of the kobo on your thigh and the bruises on the poor attackers body. Sometimes there is the jara of watching the poor sod dust himself and spit out sand while trying to curse you. The more curses they spew out tells how effective your sweeping tackle was.

By the way you call it primitive, did you watch Liverpool v Westham, if you did not please go and watch the best tackle of the match, a sweeping sliding tackle that got all good defenders of the game drooling with delight. Loveren(what a defender) tackled the bandit Anthonio , it was such a beautiful sight to behold as both of them with the ball glided off the field like siamese twins. I think Anthonio got a souveirnir..a bruised elbow which he will be showing to his grand children proudly in years to come. Stone age..i dont think so..... :lol:

There was a time when attackers dribbling skills included skipping over sliding tackles, as a result you dont have to wait till the athletics season to watch good old hurdling skill on display, the best dribblers also knew how to hurdle , watching them skip past a sweeping tackle remains a joy to behold..sadly though, this is a skill many would never see again!
!
:clap: :clap: messi still dey do am. The guy is one of the few who can still ride a tackle.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

So you are one of those attackers i use to intercede for :lol: Seun or Amaral , a product and veteran of Oyo state principal's cup competition. As i said earlier dribble him to the left at your own peril. Damn i have seen some sweeping in my life, his own is like a lawn mower...even with weeping sore or kobo on his thighs, the left thigh ofcourse, Amaral will simply fold his shorts and say to the attackers...who is next! Pele dhoney, i can feel you, i saw so many others swept onto the raw tracks of Adamasingba, the Lord ne praised like you they lived to tell the story. :clap:

The day i saw Amaral in army uniform i was not surprised..that instinct to maim was inherent!

Toxicarrow ,if you talk to him dont believe anything he has to say about me..most will be exaggeration! :lol:

Oloye...my name back in the days was Elege Iwosi ( Disgraceful dribbler) but I was taught a bitter lesson by Oni Johnson (#Sweeper for NItel Lagos) and Mike Sam of Calabar Rovers FC. Oni made sure I used one eye take do one Xmas in late 90s (the result of his elbow rendered the right side of my head paralysed -scary injury but I recovered). Mike Sam gave me the sweep of my life :biggrin: in a friendly match in Calabar few weeks before Xmas in early 2000, the monkey yansh was so much I had to sag my Jeans and under pant for the rest of the year. :laugh:
But Oloye, its easier to dribble tall defenders like you o trust me, the only problem is when contesting for aerial balls, the striker might end up with convulsion, upper cuts and jabbing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Football dey sweet those days o
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:

One thing I noticed about those sliding tackles of those days was that the defender rarely missed but when they missed, they could even end up with an injury.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

dhoney wrote:
oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

Oloye...my name back in the days was Elege Iwosi ( Disgraceful dribbler) but I was taught a bitter lesson by Oni Johnson (#Sweeper for NItel Lagos) and Mike Sam of Calabar Rovers FC. Oni made sure I used one eye take do one Xmas in late 90s (the result of his elbow rendered the right side of my head paralysed -scary injury but I recovered). Mike Sam gave me the sweep of my life :biggrin: in a friendly match in Calabar few weeks before Xmas in early 2000, the monkey yansh was so much I had to sag my Jeans and under pant for the rest of the year. :laugh:
But Oloye, its easier to dribble tall defenders like you o trust me, the only problem is when contesting for aerial balls, the striker might end up with convulsion, upper cuts and jabbing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Elege Iwosi abi :mad: ....i know your type, just thank God say you survive. Na una dey dribble defenders making them look silly, come complain when the defender give you hangman or double barrell tackle. :lol:

dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:
oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

Elege Iwosi abi :mad: ....i know your type, just thank God say you survive. Na una dey dribble defenders making them look silly, come complain when the defender give you hangman or double barrell tackle. :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Seriously what use is this stupid thread
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

This Oloye sef...the way he describes things needs to be investigated. You are too much.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

From Super Eagles to Us Army, the Making of Major Patrick Seun Roberts

major seun robert

The Ibadan-born ex-player narrates his story:
“I would like to give glory to God for His infinite mercies and protection over me and my family. I am in the United States of America now and currently serving as a Logistics Officer in the United States Army,” Robert began.

“As a matter of fact, I was one of the three players that were promoted to the Super Eagles from Flying Eagles immediately after the ECOWAS Cup competition in 1990. The other two were Dotun Alatise and Ademola Johnson. In fact, I migrated to the US while in the Super Eagles camp with Clemens Westerhorf as Technical Adviser and Tunde Disu his assistant.
“But about a week before the Eagles’ match against Liberia, I was offered an admission and a four-year soccer scholarship to study at Alabama A&M University in Huntsville, USA.
“I was approached by a scout after our semi-final match with Senegal during the ECOWAS Cup. The scout told me that he was representing some colleges in the United States. I started the process while in the Flying Eagles camp and completed it while I was in the Super Eagles camp, with the help of Emmanuel Akpan, who was already in the United States.
“Coincidentally, I also received another offer to play professional football for a club in Spain but I had to turn down the offer. It was an opportunity which was very difficult for me to forego, due to my flair for football back then.
“I left Nigeria to study in the US on September 4, 1990 and I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance in 1995 and a Master of Science degree in Economics, with concentration in Finance in 1997.”
Why then the sudden switch to an unfamiliar terrain?
“Upon completion of my graduate programme, I enlisted in the US Army as an Automated Logistical Specialist. I was later selected to attend the Officers Candidate School and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Field Artillery Branch, on August 3, 2000.
“I was promoted to First Lieutenant while stationed in South Korea in 2002, and to Captain, during Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003.
“In 2009, I was selected for a promotion to “Major” and simultaneously was also selected to attend the prestigious United States Army Command and General Staff College.
“It was while I was attending the CGSC that I actually got pinned (promoted) to Major. Upon graduation from CGSC, I was assigned to serve as the Battalion Executive Officer for a battalion that was forward- deployed to Iraq.
“In fact, I had just completed my second deployment to Iraq in July, 2011 before I reported to my current duty station in Germany. I have served in the Army for 15 years,” Robert added.
Interestingly, he never had the intention of enlisting into the Army but suddenly found himself in the colours of the US Army. But he admits that the love for football still lingers on.
He said, “I never thought of joining the army. My initial plan was to complete my first degree in the US and migrate to Europe to continue my football career. But one thing led to another and the rest is history.
“Of course I miss the game. I have an indomitable passion for football. As a matter of fact, I still play for fun every now and then.
“To some extent football and army are interrelated. They both require team work, selfless service, personal courage, and loyalty to one’s country or team. You also have to be able to make quick decisions and think outside the box too.”
Unlike now when parents encourage their wards to play football, Robert was part of the generation whose parents were mostly opposed to their children identifying with football.
“My parents were against me playing. I had to sneak out several times to play football during my secondary school years. Unfortunately, my father died before I could even start getting paid for playing football.
“I started playing football at the early age, while I was in primary school at Ebenezer Primary School in Ibadan. My football skill was raw at that level until I met late coach Abayomi Akande, popularly known as Gomez, who started polishing my football skill.”
He still remembers his time very vividly saying he enjoyed playing for a great team like 3SC. But he admits that some strikers gave him nightmares during the years the domestic league was at its competitive best.
“Honestly, I played for 3SC from 1987 to 1990 and I tremendously enjoyed playing alongside great players like Felix Owolabi, late Muda Lawal, Ogbein Fawole, Raymond King, Mutiu Adepoju, Tunde Odubola, Samuel Elijah, Layiwola Alabi, Kabiru Adejare and the team’s other great players.
“But I had a tough time playing against Bella Momoh and Dimeji Lawal. They were very mesmerizing,” he said.
He recounts his time in the domestic league saying, “There were lots of memorable moments but my best moments were during my time in the Super Eagles camp. I was at the peak of my career and was looking forward to playing in the 1994 World Cup and the 1996 Olympic Games.
“However, one of my worst moments that I can remember was on the opening day of the 1990 season. IICC was playing Enugu Rangers at the Adamasingba Stadium in Ibadan. I had a couple of chances, overlapping from the left flank, which I was unable to convert into goals to put IICC ahead. Unfortunately, the match ended in a 0-0 draw.”
He blames the decline of the country’s football on “poor management, consistent reliance of national coaches on Nigerians footballers abroad, which in my own opinion, will continue to cause deterioration and less attention in the local league. We must employ subject matter experts in football to manage the affairs of the football body.”
Robert wishes to return home one day with his family to contribute his quota to the country.
“I am married to a very beautiful and loving lady, former Miss Bola Abdul-Azeez, from Ilorin. She is a Business Administration graduate from the University of Maryland. We are blessed with children. My wife and I hope to live in Nigeria after I retire,” Robert sums up.
Dream Starter Naija Stories
Authors: ENO-ABASI SUNDAY
TANA AIYEJINA
https://dsjuniorinvestors.blogspot.co.u ... ng-of.html
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

oloye wrote:

That tackle sweet no bi small.....