PSG 4 - Barca 0 (Di Maria X2, Draxler, Cavani) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PSG 4 - Barca 0 (Di Maria X2, Draxler, Cavani) FT

Post by wiseone »

Wow. That was a shellacking. PSG were tactically brilliant. Reminds me of what PSG did to Real Madrid a few seasons back but somehow contrived to lose 0-1 after dominating the game (away): viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266424&hilit=PSG+madrid&start=0

Barcelona's greatest strength and weakness if their refusal to change their style of play no matter who they play, and no matter what the opposition does.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

wiseone wrote:Wow. That was a shellacking. PSG were tactically brilliant. Reminds me of what PSG did to Real Madrid a few seasons back but somehow contrived to lose 0-1 after dominating the game (away): viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266424&hilit=PSG+madrid&start=0

Barcelona's greatest strength and weakness if their refusal to change their style of play no matter who they play, and no matter what the opposition does.
I'm sorry to say that you are yearning opaks.

Barca didn't play tiki taka and has not done so lately. There was a lot of individual play and it was not due to PSG. Enrique changed tactics but the fundamental problems still existed.

Lately, only Iniesta has been playing well in Barca's MF.
The defense, has also been leaky.

This game was more due to Barca's poor game than anything else. Even the misfiring Cavani scored an easy goal! :shock:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Kabalega wrote:
wiseone wrote:Wow. That was a shellacking. PSG were tactically brilliant. Reminds me of what PSG did to Real Madrid a few seasons back but somehow contrived to lose 0-1 after dominating the game (away): viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266424&hilit=PSG+madrid&start=0

Barca didn't play tiki taka and has not done so lately. There was a lot of individual play and it was not due to PSG. Enrique changed tactics but the fundamental problems still existed.

This game was more due to Barca's poor game than anything else. Even the misfiring Cavani scored an easy goal! :shock:
Misfiring wetin? Cavani's goal haul in this years CL is second only to Messi's. No excuses, Barca were on the wrong end of a hiding yesterday.

Wha choo looking at?!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

CL had been away for some time. I think he meant Ligue 1
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Is it possible that there is a connection between Barcelona's under-performance and the presence of 11 very committed and tactically astute PSG players on the pitch at the same time as them? Perhaps Barcelona's poor showing had something to do with PSG's outfield players ceaselessly harassing, pressing, and tearing at the Barcelona players like a pack of rabid dogs?
Kabalega wrote: I'm sorry to say that you are yearning opaks.

mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Kabalega wrote:

-that that fellow is still playing football is part of the problem.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena