The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:Alexis is gone for sure folks.
Alexis has been gone since last summer.

does that mean all of his contributions this season do not count?
I have not said that. His contributions count and he has been paid handsomely for them.

I always remember when Sanchez compared himself to Messi and Ronaldo just as talks were about to begin for a new contract. I remember saying he was making the comparison to make it clear on what he expects to earn. Players will only talk like that if they have spoken to other clubs and want to go.

Sanchez will soon be the footnote it truly is to the Club's history. The player was never Arsenal, he did not feel us but was professional to a point. I hold no grudges, and as you know, I will not miss him. So long as Arsenal do the right things this window.
Haba, Waffi...you hold no grudges, but will not miss him? Kai...na wa. I personally as an Arsenal fan will MISS him if he leaves. He gave me great memories. Just like I will always miss Cesc. That goal from restart against Spurs has made Cesc great in my mind forever!
I do not just miss Cesc, he is one of the few Arsenal players that remains in my heart. Why? How can you not fall in love with that kid and that hair style, who lit up the football field making senior pros look ordinary. How can I forget his debut?

A real crying shame the Board has never forgiven the player. I have long forgiven the player and still hope we sign him this or next summer.

Not that AW or the Board care what I think, but if they get good money for Sanchez, they better get Cesc, Lemar and Mahrez. Then I can forgive them :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

The trick to winning the EPL, as mastered by Sir Alex, (and spurs are following the script :mad: :mad: :mad: ) is to have a squad good enough to score and get points everyday. You need to destroy small teams mercilessly, so as to minimize any damage the big teams can do to you. When you carry so many injured/junk players on your team, there will be on-one to step up when the likes of Sanchez and Ozil are struggling or fatigued.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I have not said that. His contributions count and he has been paid handsomely for them.

I always remember when Sanchez compared himself to Messi and Ronaldo just as talks were about to begin for a new contract. I remember saying he was making the comparison to make it clear on what he expects to earn. Players will only talk like that if they have spoken to other clubs and want to go.

Sanchez will soon be the footnote it truly is to the Club's history. The player was never Arsenal, he did not feel us but was professional to a point. I hold no grudges, and as you know, I will not miss him. So long as Arsenal do the right things this window.
Haba, Waffi...you hold no grudges, but will not miss him? Kai...na wa. I personally as an Arsenal fan will MISS him if he leaves. He gave me great memories. Just like I will always miss Cesc. That goal from restart against Spurs has made Cesc great in my mind forever!
I do not just miss Cesc, he is one of the few Arsenal players that remains in my heart. Why? How can you not fall in love with that kid and that hair style, who lit up the football field making senior pros look ordinary. How can I forget his debut?

A real crying shame the Board has never forgiven the player. I have long forgiven the player and still hope we sign him this or next summer.

Not that AW or the Board care what I think, but if they get good money for Sanchez, they better get Cesc, Lemar and Mahrez. Then I can forgive them :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

The trick to winning the EPL, as mastered by Sir Alex, (and spurs are following the script :mad: :mad: :mad: ) is to have a squad good enough to score and get points everyday. You need to destroy small teams mercilessly, so as to minimize any damage the big teams can do to you. When you carry so many injured/junk players on your team, there will be on-one to step up when the likes of Sanchez and Ozil are struggling or fatigued.
Wenger knows this. He did exactly this with his title winning teams. But we are seeing change now. Last summer he got rid of 5, this summer he must be rid of at least 6. If we get rid of these players and bring in top quality whilst keeping all of our best bar one or two. Then we are serious contenders.

He has now addressed the striker position to my satisfaction, if he gets in Lemar, he has addressed a wide play maker and/or attacking midfield. I still hold firmly the opinion we need a CM like Naby Keita to sort out our midfield. For me, this is the position that has killed us in the last 2 seasons. Yes, Lemar can play there, and will do a great job, but I feel we need more of a physical presence in there to partner Xhaka. If he gets is a to CM, we do not need Mahrez cos Lemar can easily be the wide play maker. If we don't then we need Mahrez. This is how I see the team shaping up. If we do this and lose Sanchez, we will be serious contenders because we have Lacazette and Giroud as our main strikers, who will fit in with the players I have just mentioned in that midfield.

So far I am encouraged but I am still skeptical due to concerns about who we decide to sell.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Word is (rumours) a third bid went in for Lemar yesterday. The offer is €50m rising to around €60m with performance bonuses. No word on the outcome before the team flew out.

Now this is significant if true. Why? It is in and around the figure that should trigger negotiations because it is close to the price Monaco want for the player.

This is now looking like a 'when' not 'if' scenario. Fingers crossed. :scared: :scared: :scared: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'If', errr.. 'when', :sneaky: :lol: :lol: Arsenal sign Lemar, they will be breaking their transfer record for the 2nd time this summer. But word is, they are ready to break it again this summer. I know the player and if he becomes available, we just might get him. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

See Waffi telling fables with caveats to try and save face when it, as usual , blows up in his face :taunt: :taunt:

Proper Urhobo wayo man :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You can't be serious :roll: :roll: Cesc can sink or swim under Stamford bridge ... nonsense :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

He has now addressed the striker position to my satisfaction, if he gets in Lemar, he has addressed a wide play maker and/or attacking midfield. I still hold firmly the opinion we need a CM like Naby Keita to sort out our midfield. For me, this is the position that has killed us in the last 2 seasons. Yes, Lemar can play there, and will do a great job, but I feel we need more of a physical presence in there
See Waffi the slow learner just in one fell swoop contradict all the arguments he has been making on Arsenal season after season :rotf:

So now you want a physical presence in midfield :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This guy sef :woot:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I wonder what Wenger's plan for our opening games of the season are, especially defensively.

KOS will miss the first two games because of his irresponsible red card in the final game vs Everton.

Gabby is clearly unfit.

And please God let's not ever see Callumity Chambers.

Holding is still on holiday which is ridiculous given that he barely kicked a ball in the u-21 tourney, and will Mustafi :scared: be ready for the season opener vs Leicester?

So what are we left with?

BFG, Sead and Monreal? :scared: :scared: Bielik???? Cheiii here we go again :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I'm looking at the players who didn't make the trip to Australia:

Gibbs
Chambers
Holding
Jenko
Akpom
Szcz
Bellerin
Lucas
Campbell
Wilshere
Xhacrap
Debuchy
Alexis
Mustafi

It's clear that we have a large and talented group but way too bloated and missing bonafide superstars ... it's gonna be quite a headache for a Wenger and the brass to prune this tree. A lot of quality but a lot of highly paid deadwood.

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Alexis, Mustafi, Belerin and Holding all had long summers. Wilshere is still injured. i think Jenko is also injured.

Gibbs, Debuchy, Chezny, Lucas, Akpom, and Campbell are on their way out.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You can't be serious :roll: :roll: Cesc can sink or swim under Stamford bridge ... nonsense :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:I wonder what Wenger's plan for our opening games of the season are, especially defensively.

KOS will miss the first two games because of his irresponsible red card in the final game vs Everton.

Gabby is clearly unfit.

And please God let's not ever see Callumity Chambers.

Holding is still on holiday which is ridiculous given that he barely kicked a ball in the u-21 tourney, and will Mustafi :scared: be ready for the season opener vs Leicester?

So what are we left with?

BFG, Sead and Monreal? :scared: :scared: Bielik???? Cheiii here we go again :rotf:
When last we win our first game of the eason?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

You Arsenal fans who claim to have this soft spot for a turncoat like Cesc dey make me laugh.

Here's a spoilt lil brat and ingrate who Arsenal nurtured from his football womb, gave him a shot over more advanced senior players, built a system for him, made him captain and showcased him to the world , after he had reached a dead end with Barcelona as a youth.

How did he repay this love? He not only conspired with Pep and his underlings to undermine Arsenal in the media and get him for much cheaper hence costing the club millions and the scorn of the football world at one of our lowest points in club history.

When his career hit the skids and he was dumped like a bad habit by the same Barca he rushed out to play for he then tried to come back to Arsenal and when he wasn't received with open arms decided to be a total Spiteful biatch and go sign for Wenger's #1 enemy Mourinho :curse:

I mean how do you do that to someone who has been more than a father to you. Thats pretty sick and pathetic and not much different from Judas :curse:

So abeg make e go Tanda under Stamford bridge ... :roll: Nonsense.

As for Alexis, I can't fault the man. He is not an Arsenal man and has given his all for the club. What more can he do? More power to him

MLK.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ohenhen1 wrote:Alexis, Mustafi, Belerin and Holding all had long summers. Wilshere is still injured. i think Jenko is also injured.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

21 pages of moaning....yeye hebitches :roll:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Alexis, Mustafi, Belerin and Holding all had long summers. Wilshere is still injured. i think Jenko is also injured.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Are you laughing at a player's injury? :shock:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

paj wrote:21 pages of moaning....yeye hebitches :roll:

Yeye Bender, better go find Vaseline for the rear action Mourinho dished out to you :rotf:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Just visiting. :taunt:

A lot of OPAKS has been said of some of OUR players. Wether you guys believe it or not, these guys being criticized are Arsenal Legends. Yes, they are NOT Messi or Ronaldo, but the have contributed significantly to 3 FA cup wins, and will be VERY important in the Europa cup run next year. Before I continue, let me give you the rundown of the TOP scorers during the FA cup run.

Theo Walcott: 5 goals
Aaron Ramsey: 3 goals
Olivier Giroud: 2 goals
Welbeck: 2 goals
Alexis: 2 goals
Perez: 1 goal
Monreal: 1 goal

I expect Perez to leave. Theo, Ramsey, and Giroud will be MAJOR contributors next year, so will Ospina (I hope he stays). I expect Wellbeck to also contribute. Lastly, I hope Alexis stays. A 1st choice frontline of Alexis, Lacazette, and Ozil is a truly frightful prospect.

Arsenal Forever!!!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
CROWN
Egg
Egg

Post by CROWN »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ed-arsenal

Here we go again!!!

But a United source said: “Lacazette was followed because he was top scorer in French football – but a lot of his goals were penalties [10 of his 27 goals last season came from the spot].

“In the end he wasn’t considered because he has no stamina, no physical impact and isn’t a big game player.”
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

CROWN wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ed-arsenal

Here we go again!!!

But a United source said: “Lacazette was followed because he was top scorer in French football – but a lot of his goals were penalties [10 of his 27 goals last season came from the spot].

“In the end he wasn’t considered because he has no stamina, no physical impact and isn’t a big game player.”
Total nonsense - JM prefers targetmen.
You cannot play for Lyon for as long as Lac did and have stamina issues - he never was a physical player.
Athletico don't go after a player who lacks stamina - very poor reporting.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Here we go again!!!

Actually 36 goals. Borinho loves target man.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Here we go again!!!

The hand of Jacob, but the voice of Esau.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Any news?Even if its fake news :lol:
Arsenal for life
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Here we go again!!!

Lets start with big games....what are those big games and what type of impact are they talking about? He scored agains big teams psg(big team),monaco(champions), marseille, roma(second best in serie A), Besiktas (UEFA Cup quarter finals) and against Ajax(UEFA semi finals). Those are big games and he is a striker and a strikers main responsibility is to score goals and he did that against both big teams and in big games.....and now again what is that big game impact?

Ligue 1 is quite a brutal league and you cant survive with neither stamina nor physical impact. Lacazzette spent most of his career as a winger and to perform that position effectively you need a whole lot of stamina(my opinion anyways). All that was crap and there is a reason arsenal was not interested in Lukaku(poor first touch and being one dimensional but very good target man and goal scorer) and manchester united was not interested in Lacazette and neither of the above mentioned are the reasons for that. Both teams got what they were looking for.

Remember that article was written by Jamie Jackson who is well known for talking from his behind
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:Any news?Even if its fake news :lol:
Arsenal for life

abi o? This one that we're stuck on page 21 for 3 days... :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."