FT: Algeria 1 (Brahimi - TACtical pen) vs 1 Nigeria (Ogu)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
FT: Algeria 1 (Brahimi - TACtical pen) vs 1 Nigeria (Ogu)

Post by truetalk »

Starting line up for the SE

Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Shehu Abdullahi

Ola Aina
Leon Balogun
William Troost-Ekong
Ogehenekaro Etebo
John Ogu
Wilfred Ndidi
Anthony Nwakaeme
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho

Algeria: (Full squad except for Mboli & Ben Taleb) Feghouli has not been starting lately anyway

Chaouchi
Bennacer
Ferhat
Mahrez
Nessakh
Mandi
Brahimi
Medjani
Chafai
Slimani
Cadamoro

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/10/algeria- ... -see-list/
Last edited by truetalk on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Algeria vs Nigeria Match thread. SE starting lineup

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This tells me that Rohr has given up on using Alex Iwobi as a playmaker. It looks like he is trying out Etebo and is resigned to Iwobi being one of his wide men.

To be honest, that makes some sense as Iwobi is not strong enough to hold off challenges. My biggest problem with this line-up though is the use of Kelechi Iheanacho as targetman. It has been tried repeatedly and failed but Rohr is too stubborn to abandon the plan.

Personally, I would have liked to see Uzoho, Ebuhie and Onyekuru in action to see what they can do but maybe we will see them against Argentina. They may also come on as substitutes later hopefully.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

:lol:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

truetalk wrote:Starting line up for the SE

Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Shehu Abdullahi

Ola Aina
Leon Balogun
William Troost-Ekong
Ogehenekaro Etebo
John Ogu
Wilfred Ndidi
Anthony Nwakaeme
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/10/algeria- ... -see-list/
good line up if true
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

According to their positions

...................................................Ezenwa.................................................

Abdullahi Shehu........Troost-Ekong......Leon Balogun....................Ola Aina

..................................John Ogu...........Wilfred Ndidi...................................

Alex Iwobi.......................Ogehenekaro Etebo...............Anthony Nwakaeme

.......................................Kelechi Iheanacho...............................................
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This tells me that Rohr has given up on using Alex Iwobi as a playmaker. It looks like he is trying out Etebo and is resigned to Iwobi being one of his wide men.

To be honest, that makes some sense as Iwobi is not strong enough to hold off challenges. My biggest problem with this line-up though is the use of Kelechi Iheanacho as targetman. It has been tried repeatedly and failed but Rohr is too stubborn to abandon the plan.

Personally, I would have liked to see Uzoho, Ebuhie and Onyekuru in action to see what they can do but maybe we will see them against Argentina. They may also come on as substitutes later hopefully.
That stubbornness got us the ticket to Russia. I'll choose that over your calm, internet coach experience every second of a millennia
Last edited by pajimoh on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robotnik wrote:According to their positions

...................................................Ezenwa.................................................

Abdullahi Shehu........Troost-Ekong......Leon Balogun....................Ola Aina

..................................John Ogu...........Wilfred Ndidi...................................

Alex Iwobi.......................Ogehenekaro Etebo...............Anthony Nwakaeme

.......................................Kelechi Iheanacho...............................................
Yes. I guess the players to look out for are Aina and Etebo. Let us see how they cope.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This tells me that Rohr has given up on using Alex Iwobi as a playmaker. It looks like he is trying out Etebo and is resigned to Iwobi being one of his wide men.

Alex Iwobi has played one match as a playmaker under Rohr (Senegal).
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Robotnik wrote::lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Nwakaeme should be up front not Nacho.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Very strong line-up. it gives several players that played in the defeat against SA an opportunity to redeem themselves particularly Etebo who didn’t have his shooting boots on that day. It will be interesting to see Nacho show an understanding with Iwobi. John Ogu and Nididi will Marshall the defensive midfield.’ Skipo Obi can come on to replace Etebo in the second half if required while other rookies can also come on if the game is safe.

I was sweating on the possibility that Rohl could select Akpeyi to man the goal but he did the right thing and that guy is on the bench. he is the only player I hope doesn’t get selected for the World Cup squad and only because of both performance and ability nothing personal.
Last edited by Flex Swift on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

walesvilla wrote:

Minor, but I'd also swap Ogu & Ndidi. Ogu is likely to operate from the left side of midfield, while Ndidi will be on the right.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Robotnik wrote::lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

walesvilla wrote:

Nwakaeme is primarily a wide forward...
That’s his regular club role, and when he comes inside he has been less effective.

Of course, there’s likely to be some switching of forward positions during the game.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Errr, you do realize Etebo played the full 90 in the first let which we won 3-1 ad played exceptionally well (Mahrez was quoted as saying he caused them the most problems of all the Nigerian players that day).
So, I’m not sure what else you want to ‘see’ from the lad
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yes. I guess the players to look out for are Aina and Etebo. Let us see how they cope.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Otitokoro wrote:Errr, you do realize Etebo played the full 90 in the first let which we won 3-1 ad played exceptionally well (Mahrez was quoted as saying he caused them the most problems of all the Nigerian players that day).
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Etebo did not play in that match. Our midfield trip consisted of Ndidi, Mikel and Onazi!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

He might not just play a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 like his been doing. He had to be cautious but now, he might opt for a more attack focused formation. Lets see how it pans out
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

SE will lose this game for sure let's not even kid ourselves here. Anyway it is not relevant because they already qualified.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Pray tell, who wore the #20 jersey for Nigeria then?
[/video]
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Errr, you do realize Etebo played the full 90 in the first leg which we won 3-1 and played exceptionally well (Mahrez was quoted as saying he caused them the most problems of all the Nigerian players that day).
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Etebo did not play in that match. Our midfield trip consisted of Ndidi, Mikel and Onazi!
Last edited by Otitokoro on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Errr, you do realize Etebo played the full 90 in the first let which we won 3-1 ad played exceptionally well (Mahrez was quoted as saying he caused them the most problems of all the Nigerian players that day).
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yes he did!! He played 90 mins. Ndidi came on for Mikel in the second half.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Are you for real. Even though we know you make authoritative comments on games you did not watch, can you not try to view 2 minute Youtube clips?

Do you even know what Etebo looks like?

Who delivered the pass for Mikel's goal?

Who was all over Mahrez, harassing and trying to make up for Onazi's intercepted pass?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Etebo started and played full 90 switching from CM to AM once Mikel was subbed by Ndidi.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

We need a birthday special from Etebo!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!