Nigeria has extremely sub par defenders!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria has extremely sub par defenders!!!!

Post by ohenhen1 »

Our defense is actually good.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Isn't that assuming that everybody that gets to the WC final or wins it have to play exactly the same way? I don't think so. However we know that your chances of getting there increase with good defending, for which you need good defenders.

Maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Our historical weakness at the WC has mostly been defending. One can argue that another weakness of ours at the WC is scoring goals, but dat wan na for anoda thread.
We could have beaten Italy 1-0 in 1994, but then there is the matter of the 2 goals that our defense let in. We could have beaten Denmark 1-0 in 1998, but then there is the matter of the 4 goals that our defense let in. We could have taken France to PKs on a 0-0 score in 2014, but then there are the 2 goals our D let in, etc. With each 1-0 win or 0-0 PK win, you are of course getting closer and closer to the final. Our debacle against Italy in 1994 happened because somebody (who was presumably comfortable and confident on the ball) elected to try to control the ball instead of sending the ball to row Z. He failed, the Italians collected the ball and the rest is history.
I am not sure you understood the point I was trying to make. You are making a counter-argument to an argument I didn't make.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough with what I was trying to say .... so .... my bad.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I know say na the Okocha wey Scip mention bring you here. Anyway, are you saying it is OK for me to play 10 at 3 WCs and come away with zero goals and zero assists, as I can't be compared to other males like Oruma, Musa, Mutiu, Finidi, Garba, etc who were scoring goals for fun at the WC? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Three World Cups, zero goals and zero assists? Chief O, aren't you being a little harsh in your criticism of Kanu (1998, 2002, 2010)? :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The Eagle wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Isn't that assuming that everybody that gets to the WC final or wins it have to play exactly the same way? I don't think so. However we know that your chances of getting there increase with good defending, for which you need good defenders.

Maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Our historical weakness at the WC has mostly been defending. One can argue that another weakness of ours at the WC is scoring goals, but dat wan na for anoda thread.
We could have beaten Italy 1-0 in 1994, but then there is the matter of the 2 goals that our defense let in. We could have beaten Denmark 1-0 in 1998, but then there is the matter of the 4 goals that our defense let in. We could have taken France to PKs on a 0-0 score in 2014, but then there are the 2 goals our D let in, etc. With each 1-0 win or 0-0 PK win, you are of course getting closer and closer to the final. Our debacle against Italy in 1994 happened because somebody (who was presumably comfortable and confident on the ball) elected to try to control the ball instead of sending the ball to row Z. He failed, the Italians collected the ball and the rest is history.
I am not sure you understood the point I was trying to make. You are making a counter-argument to an argument I didn't make.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough with what I was trying to say .... so .... my bad.
No, my bad. :mrgreen:

After the CL games I go wash eye read ya post again :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The Eagle wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I know say na the Okocha wey Scip mention bring you here. Anyway, are you saying it is OK for me to play 10 at 3 WCs and come away with zero goals and zero assists, as I can't be compared to other males like Oruma, Musa, Mutiu, Finidi, Garba, etc who were scoring goals for fun at the WC? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Three World Cups, zero goals and zero assists? Chief O, aren't you being a little harsh in your criticism of Kanu (1998, 2002, 2010)? :)
Abegi, make una spare our legends but Kanu's own shock me o...
Not only 0 goals in 3 WCs, but also 0 goals in 6 ANCs (2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010). :shock:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Our defense is actually good.
Elaborate abeg
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Gotti wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Abegi, make una spare our legends but Kanu's own shock me o...
Not only 0 goals in 3 WCs, but also 0 goals in 6 ANCs (2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010). :shock:
:woot: Shocking stat!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051