The Coming Of Age Of Sadiq Umar

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg
The Coming Of Age Of Sadiq Umar

Post by Pavarotti »

The talent had always been there . . . . .it was undeniable, but then so were the question marks latched strongly like leeches onto his allusion to stardom

Even after scoring 4 goals at the Olympics emerging as the Nigerian teams highest goal scorer as the Dream team clinched a historic bronze there were still grunts of dissatisfaction from a very critical Nigerian footballing community and rather than build from that performance the 21 year old was relegated to the background of the national team setup

. . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/coming-age-sadiq-umar/
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Coming Of Age Of Sadiq Umar

Post by 1naija »

Agents still at it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Everyday new striker is the messiah. Why can’t agents just stop this nonsense and promote their boys after World Cup. Anyway, I can’t wait until May 13
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Agents go kill me ooo. What exactly is so historic about a bronze medal for a country that has won both gold and silver :?: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:Everyday new striker is the messiah. Why can’t agents just stop this nonsense and promote their boys after World Cup. Anyway, I can’t wait until May 13
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I blame John for this mess. If you have a rat catcher and your house is still overrun with the little blither, you'd have to question whether the catcher is doing his job.

We have our agent hunter with instruction to shoot before asking question about 10 days later yet we have more agents than ever before. Something is not right. John is incompetent or in collusion
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I recently saw clips of Simy Nwankwo playing for Crotone in Serie A, and even his earlier games while in Portugal.He is similar in style with Sadiq, only more physically imposing. While both he and Sadiq are very tall (Sadiq is 6'4", and Simy is 6' 6") they both have surprising speed and ball playing ability for players their size. Considering we need a big man upfront with our formation preferences, I believe Rohr is spoilt for choice. Who'll he go for between Sadiq and Nwankwo on his 35 man list, or will he have room to list both since he already has Ighalo, Iheanacho, Kayode, Nwaekeme, and Ideye in his striker pool already?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Agents go kill me ooo. What exactly is so historic about a bronze medal for a country that has won both gold and silver :?: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :!:

Cheers.
I am guessing historic in the sense that no other country has won all 3 medals in Olympic football
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Everyday new striker is the messiah. Why can’t agents just stop this nonsense and promote their boys after World Cup. Anyway, I can’t wait until May 13

You realize that Rohr must submit a 35 man list by May 14th.

That means regardless, NEW PLAYERS, will be in the mix, and rightly so.

If in camp it is obvious that any of these NEW PLAYERS are better than the ones we have been using, then by right they should represent SE in Russia.

both the friendly against DR Congo and England take place before the final list of 23 has to be submitted.

So I expect even the England friendly may be a chance for new players to stake a claim to one of the 23 spots.

The fight will be intense, and SE will benefit as a result, unlike the nonsense Keshi pulled 4 years ago.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

pajimoh wrote:I blame John for this mess. If you have a rat catcher and your house is still overrun with the little blither, you'd have to question whether the catcher is doing his job.

We have our agent hunter with instruction to shoot before asking question about 10 days later yet we have more agents than ever before. Something is not right. John is incompetent or in collusion
:rotf: :rotf:

Agents on the loose
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

vancity eagle wrote:

If in camp it is obvious that any of these NEW PLAYERS are better than the ones we have been using, then by right they should represent SE in Russia.

both the friendly against DR Congo and England take place before the final list of 23 has to be submitted.

So I expect even the England friendly may be a chance for new players to stake a claim to one of the 23 spots.

The fight will be intense, and SE will benefit as a result, unlike the nonsense Keshi pulled 4 years ago.
KPOM!!! We may rile about Agents with concern or even refer to them in jest, but VE hits the nail on the head. There should be no guarantees for the final 23 bar Mikel, Moses, Ndidi, Iwobi, Balogun and Ekong.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:I blame John for this mess. If you have a rat catcher and your house is still overrun with the little blither, you'd have to question whether the catcher is doing his job.

:taunt: :taunt: :tic:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

John12 :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 aka Dele :D - enough now.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Obong you’re obviously unserious if you believe that Rohr shouldn’t have more than 5 untouchables 2 months to the World Cup. World Cup is not a time for experiment and by this time our coach should know his starting 11 and almost all bench. He should work on tactics, familiarity, Formations, unity, hardwork etc and shouldn’t be inviting unknown players except they’re “EXCEPTIONAL”. VE, yes Fifa has requested for a 35 man squad but it isn’t mandatory and at worse ROHR should decide his 35 without agency influence
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

john12 wrote:Obong you’re obviously unserious if you believe that Rohr shouldn’t have more than 5 untouchables 2 months to the World Cup. World Cup is not a time for experiment and by this time our coach should know his starting 11 and almost all bench. He should work on tactics, familiarity, Formations, unity, hardwork etc and shouldn’t be inviting unknown players except they’re “EXCEPTIONAL”. VE, yes Fifa has requested for a 35 man squad but it isn’t mandatory and at worse ROHR should decide his 35 without agency influence

Agent John don tok o
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Albeit , the list he will be submitting , will have 35 names but one assurance is , he will never try any of the new additions in a friendly match to assess their true abilities. Roar has penchant for inviting new players every time but will not attempt try them out in a real match. He has this stupid and absolute allegiance to certain players, he has to play them even if the new invitees are better than Messi and Ronaldo put together. Sincerely speaking ,I don't know where this ultra conservatism emanates from . Sometimes , I tend to believe there is something sinister about it.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Albeit , the list he will be submitting , will have 35 names but one assurance is , he will never try any of the new additions in a friendly match to assess their true abilities. Roar has penchant for inviting new players every time but will not attempt try them out in a real match. He has this stupid and absolute allegiance to certain players, he has to play them even if the new invitees are better than Messi and Ronaldo put together. Sincerely speaking ,I don't know where this ultra conservatism emanates from . Sometimes , I tend to believe there is something sinister about it.
You’ve either lost your mind or you’ve received a thunderous dirty slap so hard it disoriented you.
OCCUPY NFF!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

You’ve either lost your mind or you’ve received a thunderous dirty slap so hard it disoriented you.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051