Match Thread.............Nigeria 1 Vs England 2.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Match Thread.............Nigeria 1 Vs England 2.....

Post by Coach »

Rohr did not redeem himself, there are few sides more telegraphed than England, there was no surprise in their shape and yet Donut seemed dumbfounded...Needing sweeping tactical changes by the half mark screams loudly of a bigger bungle than the brown bear from Rainbow, in the beginning. The first half was comfortably, one of the shoddiest displays of, Saturday afternoon, post Friday night beer binge, kickabouts witnessed for quite some time. Pathetic is too praising. Rohr meowed. Redemption? Not at all. Such mistakes on a grander stage lead to elimination.
Last edited by Coach on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:The duo of Onazi and Joel Obi played like pub footballers today, absolute rubbish, they both made the team look so bad. And at this point in time, I think Ebuehi takes over at the right back. The three changes or players that brought sanity back into the team. If I see Onazi near this team again....shioor.
I was watching with some Croatians and Italians and they couldnt believe how poor those two were .., shocking
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

opine wrote:Onazi is vice captain. That will probably save him. He was atrocious out there today.
He has added nothing to the team for the last 3 years.

Dig up the threads. I was the biggest campaigner for him over Ogude in the 2013 CAN.

He has been stinking up the joint for some time now.

Time to get on the bench (but still make the 23).

The sloppiness of some of these 'established' guys today should push the momentum towards Aina over Elderson
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:The duo of Onazi and Joel Obi played like pub footballers today, absolute rubbish, they both made the team look so bad. And at this point in time, I think Ebuehi takes over at the right back. The three changes or players that brought sanity back into the team. If I see Onazi near this team again....shioor.
Bros your Cafu was careless and useless today. Ebuhehi was million times better. Onazi with chest like 5.5kva generator set did not disappoint , he did all he could to send one of his mates to Gbobi with his stupid passes....he needs to be permanently installed in the bench.
Ogu's intelligence and confidence were just too good for me.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Man of the match for the Super Eagles was most certainly GERNOT ROHR. The gaffer definitely earned his salary by the way he turned things around in the 2nd half.

No doubt........we have a very good coach.
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Coach wrote:Rohr did not redeem himself, there are few sides more telegraphed than England, there was no surprise in their shape and yet Donut seemed dumbfounded...Needong sweeping tactical changes by the half mark screams loudly of a bigger bundle than the brown bear from Rainbow, in the beginning. The first half was comfortably, one of the shoddiest displays of, Saturday afternoon, post Friday night beer binge, kickabouts witnessed for quite some time. Pathetic is too praising. Rohr meowed. Redemption? Not at all. Such mistakes on a grander stage lead to elimination.
Oga.......I advise that you change your handle. How you can say that “Rohr didn’t redeem himself” is simply astonishing........... :shock:
Baggy
Egg
Egg

Post by Baggy »

Damunk wrote:Fact: Ebuehi over Shehu
Fact: Onazi to bench with superglue (cos they wont leave him behind)
Fact: We miss Ndidi
Fact: Ighalo deserves his starting spot
Fact: Idowu has left back on lockdown
Fact: Mikel na baller, but shouldnt overestimate his ability

In agreement with your facts :agree:
I now see through the eyes of JESUS CHRIST - An Indian woman HEALED by our LORD JESUS CHRIST @ Ben Hinn Healing Crusade .
What About You?

What we do, does not define who we are, what define's us is how well we rise after we have fallen.

The only consistency of the referees is there Inconsistencies - Wigan FC Manager.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

dhoney wrote:
Bros your Cafu was careless and useless today. Ebuhehi was million times better. Onazi with chest like 5.5kva generator set did not disappoint , he did all he could to send one of his mates to Gbobi with his stupid passes....he needs to be permanently installed in the bench.
Dem say my Cafu dey fast...abeg if he wants to fast ...good for him, but world cup or football at this level cannot afford that.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

metalalloy wrote:
txj wrote:Gaps all over the defensive structure...

GAPS, GAPS, GAPS...

We might as well be GAPS Store!!!
:rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will be disappointed if Uzoho is playing in the Spanish 2nd division next season. He is a good young goalkeeper. Technically sound, just needs more experience.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

1naija wrote:They are showing the highlights again and the first goal went directly at Onazi. Balogun would have headed it out.
I hope that the lesson learnt there is we need some reasonable height manning the goal, that goal reminds me of Heinze's goal in WC 2010
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

smartbrother wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Against Czech Republic, we have to play our first eleven to start the game out.

Uzoho
Ebuehi, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo
Iwobi, Ighalo, V Moses
did you watch the game?
Iwobi does not belong on the wings
Our midfield should be Mikel, Ndidi and Iwobi in the #10 role
Just as i prescribed
Pretty much. Mikel needs to stay deeper though.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:
Dem say my Cafu dey fast...abeg if he wants to fast ...good for him, but world cup or football at this level cannot afford that.
:laugh: :laugh:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Babafad wrote:Man of the match for the Super Eagles was most certainly GERNOT ROHR. The gaffer definitely earned his salary by the way he turned things around in the 2nd half.

BABAFAT!!! How far? Long time.

If he is a good coach because of the second half, was he a bad coach because of the first half? :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

opine wrote:Onazi is vice captain. That will probably save him. He was atrocious out there today.
Abeg my heart can't take it any more. Onazi must be the first out. Joel Obi next.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Babafad wrote:
Coach wrote:Rohr did not redeem himself, there are few sides more telegraphed than England, there was no surprise in their shape and yet Donut seemed dumbfounded...Needong sweeping tactical changes by the half mark screams loudly of a bigger bundle than the brown bear from Rainbow, in the beginning. The first half was comfortably, one of the shoddiest displays of, Saturday afternoon, post Friday night beer binge, kickabouts witnessed for quite some time. Pathetic is too praising. Rohr meowed. Redemption? Not at all. Such mistakes on a grander stage lead to elimination.
Oga.......I advise that you change your handle. How you can say that “Rohr didn’t redeem himself” is simply astonishing........... :shock:

My goodness! Are u serious?

The only thing redeeming here is the fact this is a friendly and he experimented with a 4-2-3-1 in first half...

Outside that this was bad rubbish!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

charlie wrote:
1naija wrote:Let the it's just a friendly excuse begin
Its just a friendly...
:source:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think every one that played today, the other two goalkeeprs, Ndidi and Awaziem have made the team.
The players that didn't play today and on the bubble- Nwankwo, Agu,Echiejile and Aina. I hear Mikel Agu has been training well. We will not take 5 full backs to the world cup.

So it is between Aina and Echiejile for the final full back spot.

Between Nwanwo and Agu for the 23rd man spot.

I think Rohr is going to drop Aina and Agu.

soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

Nwakali's omission in this WC squad is surely coming back to bite us in the rear. Onazi...? What a waste of space? The guy wouldn't even make it in the MLS and now is WC bound. What was Rohr watching in training? So, you mean Rohr watched both men during training, and still decided Nwakali was not ready, but an overweight and ineffective Onazi merited being in a world cup squad? Wow!

With the exception of 4 players (Ebuehi, Mikel, Moses and Iwobi), our beloved SE lacks quality, but having said that -- Rohr's decision-making abilities are equally questionable!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Against Czech Republic, we have to play our first eleven to start the game out.

Uzoho
Ebuehi, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo
Iwobi, Ighalo, V Moses
did you watch the game?
Iwobi does not belong on the wings
Our midfield should be Mikel, Ndidi and Iwobi in the #10 role
Just as i prescribed
Pretty much. Mikel needs to stay deeper though.

You wanna bet that he remains upfield in Russia?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cellular wrote:
charlie wrote:
1naija wrote:Let the it's just a friendly excuse begin
Its just a friendly...
:source:

It is a friendly, but the 2nd half fight back against a top 10 side at Wembley will boost the team confidence.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

At this present time the task before Rohr is to fit Alex in as the primary forward/playmaker and Mikel as a deep lying playmaker because his legs are clearly gone but his ball retention and distribution remain outstanding .... so how do we play both Mikel and Alex in the same team and still maintain our defensive/offensive balance ... Well I guess that’s why they pay rohr the big bucks .... but I must admit not since the Argentina game have I seen a worse first half ... jeez :scared:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

1naija wrote:
Babafad wrote:Man of the match for the Super Eagles was most certainly GERNOT ROHR. The gaffer definitely earned his salary by the way he turned things around in the 2nd half.

BABAFAT!!! How far? Long time.

If he is a good coach because of the second half, was he a bad coach because of the first half? :taunt:
1NAIRA.......I dey O. How market.....? E be like say you don survive the fact say Buhari bin disrupt the honey-flow to una area...... :taunt:

As for our 1st half performance.......the less said the better. Sh*t happens...... :D