Nigeria 0 - 1 Czech Republic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Nigeria 0 - 1 Czech Republic

Post by Cellular »

At least the natives won't blame the loss on our Jersey. :D :thumbs: :thumbs:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria 0 - 1 Czech Republic7

Post by ohenhen1 »

I was able to watch the last 20 minutes. I think the players treated the game as a friendly. We have up our game on the 16th. Clear it first time on crosses. No more 2nd chances. Boot it out. Uzoho push the ball to the side or catch it or punch it out.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Can't wait for these same complainers to start running their mouths when the SE show their
real hand in Russia.
Moderators please ban the useless fans herein till WC 2022.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ok, we lost! Now all the coaches in the forum can NOW TELL us why we lost.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 0 vs CEZCH REP 1 (2H)

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:Even with the rain delay he called the game off early.
The guy wan go house. Whats the point of running around in the rain when neither team has any intention to score. I no blame the guy, abeg.
egg and tuna sandwich dey wait am for house
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Nice friendly to improve the team's cohesion. I like the way we controlled the game. Just could not score.

Wha choo looking at?!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

niyi wrote:Also if we are playing Iwobi, Mikel and Ndidi in midfield. Mikel should be back and Iwobi should take up a more attacking role
Fully agree.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Omo I just enter thread, Wetin happen we lost again? Yekparikpa!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 0 vs CEZCH REP 1 (2H)

Post by cchinukw »

Cellular wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Another uninspiring loss.
Oga, I no gree with you.

This was a better team performance. And the pitch seems narrow. We don't do well with narrow pitches.

I liked what I saw today. In 10 days, I expect to see a better team.
Goodluck with that.

You may be assessing from the earlier part of the game as I joined in the last 25 mins or so.

Nothing there to inspire me with any confidence whatsoever.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

maceo4 wrote:Australia beat these guys 4-0.
Forget the scoreline, if you say that, they will say football is not mathematics.

but from watching this match, I am not looking at their FIFA ranking or whether they lost to Australia, but based on this match, they are a VERY VERY VERY poor side.

First of all, it seems that all of their players are schooled in dirty underhanded tactics. They leave their foot behind, and rely on dirty grappling to contain the opposition. They have no technical ability or creative spark. They have no midfield to speak of, and even their defense, although compact is hardly too difficult to penetrate.

How the SE failed to score against this team is really beyond me. We talk about friendlies being just friendlies, but Rohr really needs to figure out what happened today.

This is probably as easy a match to score as they come!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Nigeria beat Argentina 4-2. What does it all have to do with anything?

Forget Australia, focus on Nigeria.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:When I told my people that qualifying for the World Cup and participating in it are two totally different things, some of you laughed. You can now see that it was the right thing to bring in the likes of Uzoho and Ebuehi. Now, all Rohr needs to do is play Joel obi at left back and use Alex Iwobi as his playmaker and we are home and dry!
And replace Ighalo with iheanacho or Nwankwo.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

truetalk wrote:
niyi wrote:Also if we are playing Iwobi, Mikel and Ndidi in midfield. Mikel should be back and Iwobi should take up a more attacking role
Fully agree.
I don't know what Rohr is doing my brother.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
And we beat Argentina 4-2, so therefore, Australia will beat Argentina 9-2? :shock: :D :taunt:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Rohr is playing with fire with all these losses. If he is not careful, Before he knows it Onigbinde will be leading us to Russia.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sheikh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:When I told my people that qualifying for the World Cup and participating in it are two totally different things, some of you laughed. You can now see that it was the right thing to bring in the likes of Uzoho and Ebuehi. Now, all Rohr needs to do is play Joel obi at left back and use Alex Iwobi as his playmaker and we are home and dry!
And replace Ighalo with iheanacho or Nwankwo.

Ighalo was fine today as far as I am concerned. He did not do anything wrong.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

wAyo, this is the same nonsense you keep saying at every world cup. The reason you kept advocating for a coaching change after we qualified like writing players on a list makes a team. You did it in 98, 02, 2010, 2014... and now in 2018. I will give Patrick the credit for Ebuehi and Uzoho.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

1naija wrote:Rohr is playing with fire with all these losses. If he is not careful, Before he knows it Onigbinde will be leading us to Russia.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

truetalk wrote:
Fully agree.
Iwobi had more of a free role and most of the first half played ahead of mikel in this game.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

We must stop giving the opposition too much respect in the opening minutes. The 2nd half was all ours and the 1st half could have too if we started with confidence. Good workout, tough friendly. I don't give a hoot about the result. It will all come together in Russia.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
1naija wrote:Rohr is playing with fire with all these losses. If he is not careful, Before he knows it Onigbinde will be leading us to Russia.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I have seen it all before. We still have a great chance and I'll be in Kaliningrad to watch them make us proud. I'm not happy with this performance but I definitely know we can do better and we will!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I think because of hawa sexy costume every team just want to sleep with us :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!