Nigeria 2 - 0 Iceland:(Musa x 2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tmex12
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria - Iceland:

Post by tmex12 »

I’d rather lose 6-4 playing naija soccer than this dross!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, we have conceded no goal, but Iceland has had better scoring chances.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If this team does not create chances in this match.

I will not watch the Argentina match even if someone pays me $5 million

What did this players come to the WC to do? Where is the urgency? Their technical ability is laughable.

Why do these players get paid? For what? What is their profession?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:This Idowu needs to be pulled. He is not offering anything. How do you let them have time to pick out a cross.
NOTHING!
I blame Echiejile. if he wasnt useless, we wouldnt have ran into the arms of the first rubbish LB who said "hi" to us.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I will blame the coach for this, Nigerians dont work for each other, compare that the icelanders, they could have scored already, sorry Nigeria should not go through to next round based on this low class football

They need to step up in the 2nd half unless tbey are out
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Make some adjustments damnit. We need dribblers at the front. Aerial balls aint gon do $#%!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

This is very painful to watch.
We thank God for all the wonderful SE matches that one has watched over the years.
Victor Moses has to be the most annoying rightwinger in the entire world, and as for Etebo, just too bad.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

fabio wrote:Victor Moses has been poor... very poor
When was the last good game he had for Nigeria. He seems to put his brainless head on when he plays for the Super Eagles. Very frustrating player.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The problem is the attack, we simply have no creativity upfront. We have almost 60 percent possession and yet not a single shot on goal in the first half. That makes it 90mins over two games. Something is not right with the attack...no punch upfront simple.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

juventuss wrote:ZERO shots on target. ZERO attempts on target
Bros, I tire!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:see that fine naija gal nearly faint, see how she open mouth

nah de one wey you go see :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

cchinukw wrote:
kastro11 wrote:To the people here who said Algeria or Ghana would have done better than Egypt - you lot are not exactly doing much better thus far.
Aren't you lot supposed to be chilling in Cairo? :sneaky:
I don't think even Cuper will go back. Surely will not be safe for him. Smh what would have been with a different manager...
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

which CE is displaying "Nigeria 2 Iceland 1, It'spossible'.. this tension is bad :rotf:
Last edited by uglyoneiamagain on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Nigeria has no final balls. No penetrating passes, no shots on goal. Not 1.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:If this team does not create chances in this match.

I will not watch the Argentina match even if someone pays me $5 million

What did this players come to the WC to do? Where is the urgency? Their technical ability is laughable.

Why do these players get paid? For what? What is their profession?
... certainly if we don't win this game, it will be all over
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Oloye, as a former Naija professional, I have a question: Do we actually practice set-pieces (FK and CK) at all? How come we are SOOOOOO bad at it?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kajifu wrote:Thank God is 0-0 at half time

Kpom :clap: ......Iceland don do their gragra, now make we show them soccer :D :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It is a crime that somewhere in the world right now, there are people working hard to irk a living and feed their children, and here we have some players who are terrible at their so called profession and they earn millions?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:This Idowu needs to be pulled. He is not offering anything. How do you let them have time to pick out a cross.
NOTHING!
This because the team is not passing to him even when he is WIDE OPEN...
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Musa offers nothing.
Ebeuhi for Moses.
Iwobi for Idowu - Etebo at LWB and Iwobi as AM.

Very poor half. No penetration whatsoever, save for Iheanacho's one pass that the players messed up.
femmyphoto
Egg
Egg

Post by femmyphoto »

Moses needs to be left in the game...........but seriously instructed to be part of the team or get sent back home !
The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them.... Lois McMaster Bujold, Diplomatic Immunity, 2002
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

cchinukw wrote:
Cellular wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Sir V wrote:the entire team is not intelligent

Take out Musa and put in iwobi, take out etebo and put in Ebuehi, tweak the formation and see a goal scoring SE
Take out the entire left side. Idowu and Etebo.

Ogu and Iwobi for them.
Nope. Leave Etobo on.
Etebo stays, Idowu and Musa off the pitch immediately.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

Mikel and Etebo out they are ridiculously impotent