PINNICK SAYS ROHR IS STAYING : WILL GO FOR REFRESHER COURSE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Should the NFF sack Rohr?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 14

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PINNICK SAYS ROHR IS STAYING : WILL GO FOR REFRESHER COU

Post by fabio »

Guys calm down, Pinnick probably thought if he says or we hear Bayern Munich, we will be extremely excited, so you can't blame him. Since in Pinnick's world: every good and perfect thing comes from abroad (Europe).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

fabio wrote:Guys calm down, Pinnick probably thought if he says or we hear Bayern Munich, we will be extremely excited, so you can't blame him. Since in Pinnick's world: every good and perfect thing comes from abroad (Europe).
His is a reflection of the money miss road elite in Nigeria.

Somehow, he needs to be made to realise that this is unacceptable. Ah Ah!! What is it? Mscheeeww!!! :mad:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Personally, I am not for, or against Rohr staying; however, the coach needs to be told he must make some little-little changes here and there. For example, he needs to have multiple playing formations we can switch to if our initial game-plan doesn't work.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

As it is, if the statement attributed to Pinnink is true, then that's it. If Rohr fails to deliver from now, then he dug his own grave. In the meantime, everybody needs to calm down and relax
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
gapped
Egg
Egg

Post by gapped »

Best decision ever for continuity and SE progress. Rohr has in many ways stabilized SE, brought back organization, respect, and a level of professionalism that I haven't seen in Nigeria SE in a while. To me, he has done well. You don't expect after missing out on two ACN tournaments to wake up on the 3rd and just win the cup like that, as if the other countries are standing still, and progress and development is there only for Nigeria's SE. Guys wake up and be realistic. None of these criticism makes any sense and not intended to lead Nigeria to anything other than disfunction, failure, disunity and a messed up team. So let's all support Rohr as he builds his team. Proud of the boys. They did well. By the way, their performance is way better, tactically, and technically superior than what most of you guys here espouse as a gold standard in the 1994 SE team.
Okala the Great
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Odas wrote:Personally, I am not for, or against Rohr staying; however, the coach needs to be told he must make some little-little changes here and there. For example, he needs to have multiple playing formations we can switch to if our initial game-plan doesn't work.
You have to assume he has more tricks in his bag. I personally doubt he has.

Some CEs have rightly observed that the team is set up to defend and then counter on the break.

That is all there is to it. Apart from that the players just use thier initiative.

For those who have watched the teams games over the year, there is no pattern to the play, no formation and definitely no known plan B on the pitch beyond team selection and subbing.

If you are expecting more, you go wait tire. We will be saying the same thing a year from now until someone realises the emperor has no clothes.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

gapped wrote:Best decision ever for continuity and SE progress. Rohr has in many ways stabilized SE, brought back organization, respect, and a level of professionalism that I haven't seen in Nigeria SE in a while. To me, he has done well. You don't expect after missing out on two ACN tournaments to wake up on the 3rd and just win the cup like that, as if the other countries are standing still, and progress and development is there only for Nigeria's SE. Guys wake up and be realistic. None of these criticism makes any sense and not intended to lead Nigeria to anything other than disfunction, failure, disunity and a messed up team. So let's all support Rohr as he builds his team. Proud of the boys. They did well. By the way, their performance is way better, tactically, and technically superior than what most of you guys here espouse as a gold standard in the 1994 SE team.
Please stop. I judge a coach by what happens on the pitch abeg.

Was he not hired to improve our football? Look at our players. They can't seen to do even the simplest things - passing the ball to the opponent, not closing their man down, cluelessness in front of goal etc. etc

Yes support continuity. I can tell you now that it is continuity in stagnation.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

gapped wrote:Best decision ever for continuity and SE progress. Rohr has in many ways stabilized SE, brought back organization, respect, and a level of professionalism that I haven't seen in Nigeria SE in a while. To me, he has done well. You don't expect after missing out on two ACN tournaments to wake up on the 3rd and just win the cup like that, as if the other countries are standing still, and progress and development is there only for Nigeria's SE. Guys wake up and be realistic. None of these criticism makes any sense and not intended to lead Nigeria to anything other than disfunction, failure, disunity and a messed up team. So let's all support Rohr as he builds his team. Proud of the boys. They did well. By the way, their performance is way better, tactically, and technically superior than what most of you guys here espouse as a gold standard in the 1994 SE team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We lost to Madagascar because Madagascar were the first team to qualify for AFCON. RESPECT.

We lost to Algeria, because the players were thinking of extra - time. RESPECT.

We lost in the WC because we didn't have players, playing in top European Clubs, no players in the ECL and we were lowly ranked. RESPCT.

We came to the WC to learn. RESPECT.

We have the second youngest team in the WC, yet the team with the youngest team won. RESPECT.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

fabio wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We lost to Madagascar because Madagascar were the first team to qualify for AFCON. RESPECT.

We lost to Algeria, because the players were thinking of extra - time. RESPECT.

We lost in the WC because we didn't have players, playing in top European Clubs, no players in the ECL and we were lowly ranked. RESPCT.

We came to the WC to learn. RESPECT.

We have the second youngest team in the WC, yet the team with the youngest team won. RESPECT.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Rohr is German and perhaps can get the Bayern Munich refresher course or tainning for almost free or with good discounts. Please let Amaju add he should take his Nigerian assistants with him..
But the biggest upgrade the eagles need is in the Goal keeping department.
afc##
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Odas wrote:Personally, I am not for, or against Rohr staying; however, the coach needs to be told he must make some little-little changes here and there. For example, he needs to have multiple playing formations we can switch to if our initial game-plan doesn't work.
Listen to yourself, Bros.
Why is it necessary for anyone to have to tell a journeyman of pensioner's age on what he needs to do on a job paying him a fortune???
You have implicitly conceded he's got no clue.
If he is not versed in his trade, then what on Earth is he being paid for?

Wait a minute, I've just read he is being sent out to understudy the giants in his homeland, after which he can deliver the coveted World Cup to us.

In this day and age, this sort of reasoning you are proffering can only be found in our Africa! We don suffer!
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

chuks69 wrote:Rohr is German and perhaps can get the Bayern Munich refresher course or tainning for almost free or with good discounts. Please let Amaju add he should take his Nigerian assistants with him..
But the biggest upgrade the eagles need is in the Goal keeping department.
This is the wayo they play on us...

https://eventspace.thefa.com/FALearning ... x?id=60646
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Please wake me up when he goes for TRAINING. Do not wake me when he visits the Bayern Munich facilities and then has a photo opp.

Meanwhile, until then Amaju one ups the gullible.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So this German with all the money he is been paid cant go to refresher course but NFA will sponsor this criminal?
Why not hire two to three local coaches send them to refresher course and even look for a club football that play the way you like and negotiate some extra coaching with their club team
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Just like Sisi Berti before him, we have to admit, we have made a very bad choice.

He should be let go and unshackle our football from this wily penshioner.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

A long-term plan for an old coach that is stuck in his ways...refresher course? LMAO
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

JACKAL wrote:This is some type of Joke. Refresher course ??? At what age ? at this point ???

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, has stated that head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, will not be sacked despite the mounting pressure on the Nigerian football ruling body to relieve the German of his appointment.
Rohr has come under intense criticism following the Super Eagles’ 2-1 semifinal defeat to the Desert Foxes of Algeria.

But Pinnick has backed the former Bordeaux tactician to remain in charge of the team.
“He will remain in the job. I have complete confidence in him,” Pinnick said.
“Gernot has taken us to the semi-final, the target we set for him. Right now, we have a third-place match to play for and we intend to have our team leave Egypt with honour.

“There are some people that have been calling on me and the federation to sack Gernot. But I am not going to do that. In fact, Gernot is going on a refresher training period with Bayern Munich after the Nations Cup. We have a long-term plan with him.”

‘We have had rocky and difficult moments in our relationship, but this is normal in any relationship between two people. He is a good coach and we want him to remain with us. That said, we will work together on what needs to be improved upon.”
The Super Eagles will face the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia in the third-place match of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations on Wednesday at the Al Salam Stadium, Cairo.
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/afc ... emo-236439

DOES EVERYONE SEE WHAT I SEE HERE?

A LONG-term plan for a man with a SHORT horizon. Makes no sense to me, I'm sorry. BTW, isn't an FC supposed to come fully prepared? Why does it fall on the employer to assume the responsibility for his training?
Bell
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

[/video]
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

JACKAL wrote:[/video]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

How I wish it was Pinnic in charge when Amodu was around and not those anywhere belle face imbeciles
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

gapped wrote:Best decision ever for continuity and SE progress. [1] Rohr has in many ways stabilized SE, brought back organization, respect, and a level of professionalism that I haven't seen in Nigeria SE in a while. To me, he has done well. [2] You don't expect after missing out on two ACN tournaments to wake up on the 3rd and just win the cup like that, as if the other countries are standing still, and progress and development is there only for Nigeria's SE. Guys wake up and be realistic. None of these criticism makes any sense and not intended to lead Nigeria to anything other than disfunction, failure, disunity and a messed up team. So let's all support Rohr as he builds his team. Proud of the boys. They did well. By the way, their performance is way better, tactically, and technically superior than what most of you guys here espouse as a gold standard in the 1994 SE team.
NOT EXACTLY IN AGREEMENT WITH THE WAY YOU'RE SEEING THINGS

[1] No doubt, there's been more stability and professionalism since Rohr took over. However, (surprise, surprise), this is due more to Pinnick's vision than to anything Rohr has done. And as you must understand, Nigerians, from fans, media, players to officials tend to be more receptive of ideas from foreigners than their fellow countrymen.

[2] Nigeria didn't fail to qualify for a lack of talent but due to NFF disharmony, infighting and the Nigerian aversion to proactive planning. Rohr is not starting from scratch but using existing talent. Not to say he hasn't added one or two new players.
Bell
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

oloye wrote:How I wish it was Pinnic in charge when Amodu was around and not those anywhere belle face imbeciles
Chief, has Pinnick demonstrated any inclination towards anything local throughout his tenure? Maybe I missed it....
What's this statement derived from?
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bell wrote:
JACKAL wrote:This is some type of Joke. Refresher course ??? At what age ? at this point ???

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, has stated that head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, will not be sacked despite the mounting pressure on the Nigerian football ruling body to relieve the German of his appointment.
Rohr has come under intense criticism following the Super Eagles’ 2-1 semifinal defeat to the Desert Foxes of Algeria.

But Pinnick has backed the former Bordeaux tactician to remain in charge of the team.
“He will remain in the job. I have complete confidence in him,” Pinnick said.
“Gernot has taken us to the semi-final, the target we set for him. Right now, we have a third-place match to play for and we intend to have our team leave Egypt with honour.

“There are some people that have been calling on me and the federation to sack Gernot. But I am not going to do that. In fact, Gernot is going on a refresher training period with Bayern Munich after the Nations Cup. We have a long-term plan with him.”

‘We have had rocky and difficult moments in our relationship, but this is normal in any relationship between two people. He is a good coach and we want him to remain with us. That said, we will work together on what needs to be improved upon.”
The Super Eagles will face the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia in the third-place match of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations on Wednesday at the Al Salam Stadium, Cairo.
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/afc ... emo-236439

DOES EVERYONE SEE WHAT I SEE HERE?

A LONG-term plan for a man with a SHORT horizon. Makes no sense to me, I'm sorry. BTW, isn't an FC supposed to come fully prepared? Why does it fall on the employer to assume the responsibility for his training?
Bell
Instead of helping our own indigenous coaches get refreshed, its a journey man coach that will soon be off to the next African team that we will invest in...this is the height of stupidity...if you have to refresh an FC, then what is the point of having one?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!