Congrats Ighalo,...Golden Boot winner!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Congrats Ighalo,...Golden Boot winner!

Post by cic old boy »

Our best striker by a country mile. I hope he reconsiders his decision to quit.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

cic old boy wrote:Our best striker by a country mile. I hope he reconsiders his decision to quit.
There are rumours that Ighalo has rescinded his decision to retire from international football after meeting with NFF President Amaju Pinnick.
I am happy
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Odas wrote:Yep! He is NOT good, he is this and he is that, at the end, he scored more goals than any other player in this AFCON tournament. Good luck to him. He served us well. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: HATERS has driven him out of our team.
He shouldn't have minded those "haters" anyway - my opinion. They always are there.
Thanks for the beautiful service, Ighaloo.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Our best striker by a country mile. I hope he reconsiders his decision to quit.
There are rumours that Ighalo has rescinded his decision to retire from international football after meeting with NFF President Amaju Pinnick.
Una Don come again, Ighalo that has declared his retirement on his Instagram account already.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Una Don come again, Ighalo that has declared his retirement on his Instagram account already.
Dammy is saying he might have rescinded his decision, not that he never made the decision in the first place. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

We've heard the one about 'a prophet not being recognized in his hometown'.
Now it is about Ighalo not being appreciated while he was serving his country, which is quite evident.
What kind of fans are we? How can we allow the negative vibes of a very loud and prejudiced few ruin our joy?

Thanks Ighalo for representing, and God Bless you and yours!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think we should all take turns to flog mace...he attacked odion on IG
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I think we should all take turns to flog mace...he attacked odion on IG
Huh? What did I say on IG?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I think we should all take turns to flog mace...he attacked odion on IG
:rotf:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Orion wrote:
ANC wrote:Thats why I love Kanu and Amokachi, its not always about individual glory, its about the team. The only time he (Ighalo) did anything noteworthy was the pass to Iwobi.
The best way to help your team WIN is to score goals. GOALS! There is no amount of somersaulting you can do to get around that. Without Ighalo's goals, we would have gone out in 2nd round to Cameroon.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... n/scorers/

Odion Ighalo - 14 goals, 4 years in SE.

Daniel Amokachi - 13 goals, 8 years in SE.

Nwankwo Kanu - 12 goals, 12 years in SE.

I'm not saying he is better than these players but it puts things in perspective for you haters. We will never win anything as long as you guys are so hateful and unappreciative of the guys doing their best to help the team win by delivering results.
Abegi no vex me o. The only perspective you need is that those guys won something for Nigeria.
While goals are good, because of them we celebrated Olympic glory
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

pajimoh wrote:
Orion wrote:
ANC wrote:Thats why I love Kanu and Amokachi, its not always about individual glory, its about the team. The only time he (Ighalo) did anything noteworthy was the pass to Iwobi.
The best way to help your team WIN is to score goals. GOALS! There is no amount of somersaulting you can do to get around that. Without Ighalo's goals, we would have gone out in 2nd round to Cameroon.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... n/scorers/

Odion Ighalo - 14 goals, 4 years in SE.

Daniel Amokachi - 13 goals, 8 years in SE.

Nwankwo Kanu - 12 goals, 12 years in SE.

I'm not saying he is better than these players but it puts things in perspective for you haters. We will never win anything as long as you guys are so hateful and unappreciative of the guys doing their best to help the team win by delivering results.
Abegi no vex me o. The only perspective you need is that those guys won something for Nigeria.
While goals are good, because of them we celebrated Olympic glory
These guys were part of very good TEAMS with very talented players. Ighalo came on board at one of the lowest points of Nigerian football, 2015, with very average players BUT he still managed to clock 14 goals in 4 years. He equalled Yekini's goal record at the 94 AFCON which we won. What more do you want from the man? Must he score 10 in an AFCON for us to win the cup? Where are the other players?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Now that Ighalo has left.

People better bring out the mythical all scoring Nigerian striker who they said was being overlooked for Odion.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cristao II wrote:Now that Ighalo has left.

People better bring out the mythical all scoring Nigerian striker who they said was being overlooked for Odion.
Abi...some are saying Success or Iheanacho..even Ideye don find club...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Amokachi Afcon and Olympic Champion
Kanu olympic champion and Afcon finalist.

Its not about individual goals, its also about what u do with the ball when you are not in a goal scoring position. What good is the golden boot if you won the golden bronze? Perhaps he was great in other tournaments, but this here tournament that I watched him play, he was a waste of space. Scoring only "tap-ins". With the level of supply coming from Musa, Yakubu, (Martins) would have done better. Idion is a selfish player. You are free to love him, I do not rate him.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ANC wrote:Amokachi Afcon and Olympic Champion

Its not about individual goals, its also about what u do with the ball when you are not in a goal scoring position. What good is the golden boot if you won the golden bronze? Perhaps he was great in other tournaments, but this here tournament that I watched him play, he was a waste of space. Scoring only "tap-ins". With the level of supply coming from Musa, Yakubu, (Martins) would have done better. Idion is a selfish player. You are free to love him, I do not rate him.
If the so-called "tap-ins" were so easy why are the other players in the team not doing it? Are they barred from scoring easy "tap-ins"?

In case you've chosen to forget, no other player in the team scored more than one goal in the 2019 AFCON, even though, according to you, they had all these easy "tap-ins" they should be scoring.

Ighalo - 16 goals, 35 caps
Amokachi - 13 goals, 44 caps
Kanu - 12 goals, 87 caps

FACTS not feelings.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Congratulations.

Way to go out while the applause are its highest.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Orion wrote:

If the so-called "tap-ins" were so easy why are the other players in the team not doing it? Are they barred from scoring easy "tap-ins"?

In case you've chosen to forget, no other player in the team scored more than one goal in the 2019 AFCON, even though, according to you, they had all these easy "tap-ins" they should be scoring.

Kanu - 12 goals, 87 caps

FACTS not feelings.
Please include stats from Usiyen, Odegbami, The Yak, Yeking, Martins, so we can conclusively determine that Ighalo is our best ever, after you have proven to us that he's better than Amokachi and Kanu (who were NOT leading our line anyway).
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Orion wrote:

Kanu - 12 goals, 87 caps

FACTS not feelings.
Please include stats from Usiyen, Odegbami, The Yak, Yeking, Martins, so we can conclusively determine that Ighalo is our best ever, after you have proven to us that he's better than Amokachi and Kanu (who were NOT leading our line anyway).
Never said he was. Please read the comment I was responding to as to why Amokachi and Kanu are listed there.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Thank you sir for your service.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Orion wrote:Congrats Ighalo! You proved your haters and distractors wrong.

Joint 4th highest scorer ever for the Super Eagles with only a 4 year SE career.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
8th position
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

megapro wrote:
Orion wrote:Congrats Ighalo! You proved your haters and distractors wrong.

Joint 4th highest scorer ever for the Super Eagles with only a 4 year SE career.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
8th position
Thank God for statistical data.

Oga you nor dey disappoint. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Haba! :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Also in the best 11:

Best XI
Goalkeeper: Rais M’Bolhi (Algeria)
Defenders: Lamine Gassama (Senegal), Yassine Meriah (Tunisia), Youssouf Sabaly (Senegal), Kalidou Koulibaly (Senegal),
Midfielders: Adlene Guediora (Algeria), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Senegal), Ismael Bennacer (Algeria)
Forwards: Riyad Mahrez (Algeria), Sadio Mane (Senegal), Odion Jude Ighalo (Nigeria)
Coach: Djamel Belmadi (Algeria)
Super Eagus 4 Life!