Central Defenders OMG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Central Defenders OMG

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:Ajayi is keeping highly rated Egyptian international defender, Ahmed Hegazy on the bench in West Bromwich Albion.
You dey mind them? Ajayi that looked decent against Brazil, Ukraine, and Benin suddenly is not good enough, he didn't even have a bad game against Lesotho.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote:Ajayi seems to be most comfortable on the ball out of all our CDs and gives us the option of having a CD that can bring the ball up (when necessary) or play out from the back. However, he and Ekong are not the quickest. Omeruo although not that fast either is probabaly faster than Ajayi.

Awazeim hasn't been tried much in the CD position. Hope he's able to cement a consistent spot in the starting XI at Leganes. On paper he has the potential to become a very good CD.
Once Awaziem moved into CB as one of the three in the second half that’s where all his mistakes started, maybe he should stay out wide rather than central, don’t want to see more OGs lol...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote:
olu wrote:Ajayi seems to be most comfortable on the ball out of all our CDs and gives us the option of having a CD that can bring the ball up (when necessary) or play out from the back. However, he and Ekong are not the quickest. Omeruo although not that fast either is probabaly faster than Ajayi.

Awazeim hasn't been tried much in the CD position. Hope he's able to cement a consistent spot in the starting XI at Leganes. On paper he has the potential to become a very good CD.
Once Awaziem moved into CB as one of the three in the second half that’s where all his mistakes started, maybe he should stay out wide rather than central, don’t want to see more OGs lol...

:rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

How is Ozonwafor doing by the way? I like the fact that he's a left footed CD.
He looks like he can fit into the SE with a little more experience under his belt.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

IMO, whilst Ajayi has been pretty decent for the SE, I haven't anything from him (wearing the GWG) that indicates he is level above Omeruo right now. All CDs in the squad are at around similar level. Omeruo is probably my preferred starter for now. I do like the fact that at West Brom he plays higher up the pitch (higher defensive line), they clearly also play a passing game from the back. It adds something different to his arsenal. Hopefully like he has been doing, he will continue to improve.

Note the SE defence in general hasn't been sharp for several months (prior to Ajayi starting).
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Zelex wrote:IMO, whilst Ajayi has been pretty decent for the SE, I haven't anything from him (wearing the GWG) that indicates he is level above Omeruo right now. All CDs in the squad are at around similar level. Omeruo is probably my preferred starter for now. I do like the fact that at West Brom he plays higher up the pitch (higher defensive line), they clearly also play a passing game from the back. It adds something different to his arsenal. Hopefully like he has been doing, he will continue to improve.

Note the SE defence in general hasn't been sharp for several months (prior to Ajayi starting).
I agree with your obs on Ajayi.
In a sense he is 'just okay' but doesn't necessarily fill me with confidence.
Omeruo I'm not sure of either. He sometimes reminds me of Yobo with his lapses in concentration. Great one day, disaster the next.

Ekong however, I feel a lot more positive towards. He still makes the occasional hasty 'ABF' clearance but this has been cut out for the most part.

I think the next area of intense competition should be the central defence. Awaziem should stake a claim for a starting spot there but for me he was actually most impressive as a RB at AFCON. The young Ozonwafor is showing great promise too, but needs a little more experience and exposure to achieve what I believe to be his great potential.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Zelex wrote:IMO, whilst Ajayi has been pretty decent for the SE, I haven't anything from him (wearing the GWG) that indicates he is level above Omeruo right now. All CDs in the squad are at around similar level. Omeruo is probably my preferred starter for now. I do like the fact that at West Brom he plays higher up the pitch (higher defensive line), they clearly also play a passing game from the back. It adds something different to his arsenal. Hopefully like he has been doing, he will continue to improve.

Omeruo I'm not sure of either. He sometimes reminds me of Yobo with his lapses in concentration. Great one day, disaster the next.

Ekong however, I feel a lot more positive towards. He still makes the occasional hasty 'ABF' clearance but this has been cut out for the most part.

I think the next area of intense competition should be the central defence. Awaziem should stake a claim for a starting spot there but for me he was actually most impressive as a RB at AFCON. The young Ozonwafor is showing great promise too, but needs a little more experience and exposure to achieve what I believe to be his great potential.
Omeruo has had a so so season with Leganes. He's been in and out of the team and not been at his commanding best in the matches I've watched.
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

What Happened to the guy that used to partner with Omeruah. He was in Afcon 2013. Omeruah village are not very nice...what did he do to them :taunt: I mean by now, Omeruah should be commanding regular playing time for both Club and Country.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:What Happened to the guy that used to partner with Omeruah. He was in Afcon 2013. Omeruah village are not very nice...what did he do to them :taunt: I mean by now, Omeruah should be commanding regular playing time for both Club and Country.
Oboabona or Egwueke?

Both have disappeared without trace.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:What Happened to the guy that used to partner with Omeruah. He was in Afcon 2013. Omeruah village are not very nice...what did he do to them :taunt: I mean by now, Omeruah should be commanding regular playing time for both Club and Country.
Oboabona or Egwueke?

Both have disappeared without trace.
Oboabona is the one. It was a solid partnership
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Omeruo has had a so so season with Leganes. He's been in and out of the team and not been at his commanding best in the matches I've watched.
Worse is still to come as Leganes will get relegated. Now where will that leave Omeruo?

Collins faces the same problem at Paderbon. If WBA get promoted, this will mean Ajayi easily taking over from Omeruo. I just want to see Ebuehi back to full fitness.