CALLING TORONTO CYBERS: WHERE WILL YOU WATCH THE FINAL?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
CALLING TORONTO CYBERS: WHERE WILL YOU WATCH THE FINAL?

Post by ohsee »

Guys,

We should all meet to watch the game in one spot. I suggest Gretzky's at 99 Blue Jays Way (East of King and Spadina, south of King street). It is one block from the Skydome, and it is where I watched the semi final with a couple of friends. I suggest we go there and take over the place. I have called the manager, and they will be showing the game. It's free if you buy a drink, or buy food.

Anyone who will be coming should please register present on this thread. I will be going out of town tomorrow morning, but will be back in time on Saturday to catch the game.

I hope we shall be able to celebrate a happy Canada Day and Flying Eagle's victory at the same time.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Actually should not be a problem as Canada Day is on the Friday while the final on Saturday.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

But Tunisian Gooner,
where will you be watching the match? Why don't you come down to Gretzky's?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I would come but the problem is at the same time Esperance is playing Etoile in our ACL opener.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

North African is in toronto too
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Does this mean nobody wants to see the final with other Naija people?
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CALLING TORONTO CYBERS: WHERE WILL YOU WATCH THE FINAL?

Post by 27 »

ohsee wrote:I have called the manager, and they will be showing the game. It's free if you buy a drink, or buy food.
In that case, I'm fasting. :P
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CALLING TORONTO CYBERS: WHERE WILL YOU WATCH THE FINAL?

Post by ohsee »

27 wrote:
ohsee wrote:I have called the manager, and they will be showing the game. It's free if you buy a drink, or buy food.
In that case, I'm fasting. :P
Nna, just get drunk on orange juice or bottled water.
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

I just saw this thread. I'd love to come and see it with others. I will if I know that at least one other person is going, otherwise it is just as well see it at home.

Ohsee, let me know.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

northAfrican wrote:I just saw this thread. I'd love to come and see it with others. I will if I know that at least one other person is going, otherwise it is just as well see it at home.

Ohsee, let me know.
northAfrican,
I will be there with my son, and at least two other Naija folks. How can you see it at home? Do you have satellite? It is only being shown on Fox Soccer Channel. Fox Sports World Canada will not show it.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Good to see Torontonians on here.

Gretzky's is nice,but why not a Nigerian restaurant like B's Place (Jane/Wilson).

BTW it's on Sportsnet at 2:30pm, so you can even stay home and watch.
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

tfco wrote:Good to see Torontonians on here.

Gretzky's is nice,but why not a Nigerian restaurant like B's Place (Jane/Wilson).

I knew that it is shown on 22 but I would have preferred to keep quiet now that we are trying to get people out. I will definitely be there.

Ohsee, how old is your son. Mine is 5. He plays soccer with the Toronto Eagels where I coach. If your son is the same age may be I will bring him along.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

northAfrican wrote:

I knew that it is shown on 22 but I would have preferred to keep quiet now that we are trying to get people out. I will definitely be there.

Ohsee, how old is your son. Mine is 5. He plays soccer with the Toronto Eagels where I coach. If your son is the same age may be I will bring him along.
northAfrican,
my son plays under-10 rep for Unionville-Milliken, so he is about 5 years older. If you guys are sure it will be shown, I will still be out at Gretzkys, but I will program my DVD recorder to get the game.
Spy
Suspended Member

Post by Spy »

I'd just rather sit home and watch it :mrgreen:

Btw, my cablebox shows that the game starts at 2pm EST on all Rogers Sportsnet channels.

P.S: I hate that channel because they have this habit of delaying matches by 15 minutes so it won't be "live" per se.
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

Then I'll keep my son at home and just come myself.

How would I know which bunch are the Nigeria fans? Do you have any distinguishing marks?!!!!!!!!!!

I personally look like a North African; smallish, brownish, mean looking and if Argentina leads I'll be the one tearing the bar stools off and throwing soda bottles at the Argies.
ohsee wrote:
northAfrican wrote:

northAfrican,
my son plays under-10 rep for Unionville-Milliken, so he is about 5 years older. If you guys are sure it will be shown, I will still be out at Gretzkys, but I will program my DVD recorder to get the game.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

northAfrican wrote:Then I'll keep my son at home and just come myself.

How would I know which bunch are the Nigeria fans? Do you have any distinguishing marks?!!!!!!!!!!

I personally look like a North African; smallish, brownish, mean looking and if Argentina leads I'll be the one tearing the bar stools off and throwing soda bottles at the Argies.
Ohsee has 11 tribal marks on each cheek!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Riche007 wrote:
northAfrican wrote:Then I'll keep my son at home and just come myself.

Ohsee has 11 tribal marks on each cheek!
you forgot to add the 3 on his forehead and the 2 under his eyes

sportsnet is showing all the games....
Egg
Egg

Post by ardile »

Pa O, what a missed opportunity :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I for just use this chance to collect the direction to that Polygamy colony in Yankee .....

I dey next door to Bush as I type so, and even though he sent condensed rice to invitation me for a tete a tete, I boned ......

Abeg, biko ... I go need a copy of the game wey u say u go record ....

northAfrican, hopefully we can hookup for lunch during the week and we can enjoy the FE's victory .... No Sushi (I like my food dead and cooked) ...
WENEVER..... WEAREVER ..... WOTEVER .... 4EVER .....
................................................................................... ARSENAL!!!!!

"No great things has ever been accomplished without somebody's crazy ideas; the biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the beginning, we would have judged crazy. And yet, if they had not had these crazy ideas, the world would have been more stupid." - Arsene Wenger..
Spy
Suspended Member

Post by Spy »

ardile wrote: I dey next door to Bush as I type so, and even though he sent condensed rice to invitation me for a tete a tete, I boned ......
When did houseflies become condensed rice? Be careful o, that bush next to your home is not good for ya health.
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

ardile wrote:Pa O, what a missed opportunity :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I for just use this chance to collect the direction to that Polygamy colony in Yankee .....

I dey next door to Bush as I type so, and even though he sent condensed rice to invitation me for a tete a tete, I boned ......

Abeg, biko ... I go need a copy of the game wey u say u go record ....

northAfrican, hopefully we can hookup for lunch during the week and we can enjoy the FE's victory .... No Sushi (I like my food dead and cooked) ...
Are you coming to day to watch it with us? I did not understand what you said.