Pirates vs Enyimba

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Pirates vs Enyimba

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Re: Pirates vs Enyimba

Post by Robotnik »

John Noble paaaaa
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

John Noble is a basket case. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

but Enyimba dey ball, na the GK wey fall their hand
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

onwuatuegwu wrote:but Enyimba dey ball, na the GK wey fall their hand
Ball ke? I watched the whole 2nd half. They were on the back foot most of the time. Couldn't string 3 passes together. Possession stats was 72%:28% in favour of Pirates. Enyimba did indeed ball at home against Ahly Benghazi but yesterday they were very poor. Do you know Pirates also missed a penalty? I think there's something seriously wrong our homebased players' mentality. Once they are away from home and run into difficulty they just completely lose composure and look confused. From what i can see Enyimba would have difficulty qualifying from this group.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Adisboy wrote:
Ball ke? I watched the whole 2nd half. They were on the back foot most of the time. Couldn't string 3 passes together. Possession stats was 72%:28% in favour of Pirates. Enyimba did indeed ball at home against Ahly Benghazi but yesterday they were very poor. Do you know Pirates also missed a penalty? I think there's something seriously wrong our homebased players' mentality. Once they are away from home and run into difficulty they just completely lose composure and look confused. From what i can see Enyimba would have difficulty qualifying from this group.
Adisboy,

What you described above is a big problem and it is one that is common in the NPFL with away teams. The mentality is to seek a draw away from home at all costs. To them that can only be earned by defending with all your might. Yet, by doing so you are inviting tremendous pressure, which can lead to conceding. Escaping from that mentality, after going behind, can become a huge mountain to climb.

In my view, this mentality is what we learned from North African countries that often play like that away from home during continent-wide engagements. This behavior by North African teams go as far back as the 1970s. That, BTW, includes sickening tricks and acts to delay the game from the first whistle.

The above is why I admire Imama Amapakobo's approach recently but I believe it was at home. After going up, he never quit attacking. Most coaches will close up shop hoping to defend a slim lead. Afterwards, Amapakobo explained that the better way to protect a lead is to attack because the other team, forced to seek an equalizer, is more vulnerable at the back after going behind. The logic is a sound one but aggressive.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ball wetin, all they made were mistake after mistakes, their defenders kept on lagoing the ball, then they kept on playing too defensive. These are the group stages. get your points. the Sa team was also dreadful . Enyimba were horrible
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved