Nigeria 0 vs CAR 1 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria 0 vs CAR 0 Live

Post by ohenhen1 »

CAR is doing what they have to do. Nigeriaa also helping them. No innovation.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Moses Simon should be excused from taking any set pieces. He has really stunk up the joint. Mediocre!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Yet another poor free kick from Simon......HT

Rohr over to you......
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...1st half very disjointed.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Iwobi is the only glimpse of creativity we have in that team.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bore fest....yaaaaawwwnnn :sleep:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

SE have been way too slow and predictable in their build up.
The passing needs to be much quicker - that's the only way you dissect a physical team. Very quick passing.
All the two, three, four touches on the ball are just unnecessary.

Disappointing performance by the boys.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Our full backs have had no attacking influence so far......CAR just let us have the ball in the middle and pack defense
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

this is what happens when your foolish coach IGNORES THE MIDFIELD.

1. Nacho is not a midfielder. I dont care how good of a finisher he is, HE IS NOT A MIDFIELDER
2. Ever since SE started playing 442 I have noticed we do not create as many chances. 442 is not it.
3. Rohr needs to go back to 433 and have ball playing creative midfielders. Why Ejaria is not in the mix already is frankly a crime.
4. Ejuke is not getting on the ball enough, he is being isolated on the wing.
5. We are resorting to kick and rush and it is ugly as hell. The players are too static, and the 442 formation is not helping.
6. How any coach can go into a double header in the Covid era with 3 midfielders is almost a sackable offense.
7. Rohr needs to be queried on his neglect of midfield and forced to invite Ejaria, Alhassan, Nwobodo, Amoo, we do not need 9 defenders, we do not need Ahmed Musa, we do not need Bonke or Shehu. These are all passengers.

I tire for this team. There is potential, but Rohr is really beginning to eff things up man.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Iheanacho does not have the ability to play from the middle, we are missing Iwobi or a player that can drop in to middle to move the ball forward. I think that's why we keep playing from the flanks which is not working at the moment.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I do agree that it feels like climbing a mountain to solve the problem posed by CAR. However, our wide players have to be far more involved, I see Aina trying to kickstart this with Moses on the right. Ejuke is surprising not doing much on the left. A few times he has tried to cut into an already packed area. In my view, this game calls for Onuachu to pair up with Victor and not Iheanacho. Sadly, Onuachu is unavailable. However we have a guy on the bench who can deputize for Onuachu in this circumstance. All we need is a goal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:46 pm Iwobi is the only glimpse of creativity we have in that team.
and the coach wants to waste him on the wings.

Just foolish.

Any serious coach would have found a backup to Iwobi (Ejaria, Ejuke, Amoo) and played a 433

Our midfield must have an Attacking midfielder and 2 box to box players behind him.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Tactically, we are doing all the wrong things vs a low block.

We are not using the wide areas and not attempting any overloads with our fullbacks.

Centrally, the lateral movement is not there to open up passing lanes and in addition or as a result, the tempo of the passing game is slow...

It has to be said, we are not being helped by an UNEVEN pitch, which at first glance appears good. Its also not properly watered to help speed up the passing game...

Tried to change the game a bit (watch Yobo on the sideline speaking to the CDs/CMs), pushing Ekong and Balogun into MF. But overall, the game is static and predictable...

I would drop Ejuke back a bit, while pushing Collins high...

We have not exploited the wide areas...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:51 pm
gochino wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:46 pm Iwobi is the only glimpse of creativity we have in that team.

Just foolish.

Any serious coach would have found a backup to Iwobi (Ejaria, Ejuke, Amoo) and played a 433

Our midfield must have an Attacking midfielder and 2 box to box players behind him.
I really do not think Iwobi's absence explains the issues here. Watch what CAR is doing and you will understand that Iwobi's presence is not the easier solution.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ikemba_nacho wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:49 pm Iheanacho does not have the ability to play from the middle, we are missing Iwobi or a player that can drop in to middle to move the ball forward. I think that's why we keep playing from the flanks which is not working at the moment.
I have said this continuously, but the coach has to accomodate him because he scores goals.

People get mad that Leicester do not start Nacho, but frankly he is not dynamic enough to play any other position than support striker. He sucks as an AM and sucks as a lone striker.

Nigeria does not play well with a 442 which is the only position Nacho fits into. We dont even have real natural wingers, but wide forwards who get exposed in a 442 system.

Its either 433 or 352 for us. 442 does not work. It has worked against poor opposition, but its not great for better teams, and even CAR have figured out how to choke this team. Not good.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:49 pm I do agree that it feels like climbing a mountain to solve the problem posed by CAR. However, our wide players have to be far more involved, I see Aina trying to kickstart this with Moses on the right. Ejuke is surprising not doing much on the left. A few times he has tried to cut into an already packed area. In my view, this game calls for Onuachu to pair up with Victor and not Iheanacho. Sadly, Onuachu is unavailable. However we have a guy on the bench who can deputize for Onuachu in this circumstance. All we need is a goal.

Not sure about the 'bunt force' approach/double down. we already have Victor

Problem is our use of the wide areas and the inpatience in simply crossing high balls into the box

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

I think I dozed off for like 6-8 minutes.
Very boring game.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:49 pm this is what happens when your foolish coach IGNORES THE MIDFIELD.

1. Nacho is not a midfielder. I dont care how good of a finisher he is, HE IS NOT A MIDFIELDER
2. Ever since SE started playing 442 I have noticed we do not create as many chances. 442 is not it.
3. Rohr needs to go back to 433 and have ball playing creative midfielders. Why Ejaria is not in the mix already is frankly a crime.
4. Ejuke is not getting on the ball enough, he is being isolated on the wing.
5. We are resorting to kick and rush and it is ugly as hell. The players are too static, and the 442 formation is not helping.
6. How any coach can go into a double header in the Covid era with 3 midfielders is almost a sackable offense.
7. Rohr needs to be queried on his neglect of midfield and forced to invite Ejaria, Alhassan, Nwobodo, Amoo, we do not need 9 defenders, we do not need Ahmed Musa, we do not need Bonke or Shehu. These are all passengers.

I tire for this team. There is potential, but Rohr is really beginning to eff things up man.

Kelechi is playing behind Victor in an attacking role.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Celebrity wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:57 pm I think I dozed off for like 6-8 minutes.
Very boring game.
Old people fall asleep willy nilly u know... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I don dey shake ooooo! :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Awoniyi is on!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Awoniyi coming in

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:54 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:51 pm

Just foolish.

I really do not think Iwobi's absence explains the issues here. Watch what CAR is doing and you will understand that Iwobi's presence is not the easier solution.
it is exactly the problem.

No creativity in the middle. Only 2 midfielders in the middle and they are hesitant to come forward. We are forced wide, and there isn't enough movement. Nacho has been very poor with decision making.