Nigeria 0 vs CAR 1 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 vs CAR 1 Live

Post by wanaj0 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:15 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:11 pm
balo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:08 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:56 pm
balo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:53 pm The pitch is terrible.
Also the colour of the jersey :taunt:
:mrgreen:

Several things are wrong though.
The pitch is one. Passing was bad too. Too many short passes. Team is not a team just yet.
What about the weather, Lagos fans even Lagos traffic :taunt:
:rotf: After how many years of putting it together the Team is still not a team... :mrgreen:
Can we just blame Buhari for the loss???
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 vs CAR 0 Live

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:58 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:48 pm
Again, watch game and take your silly games and agenda out of it.

Have they been poor? Yes
are they playing on a shitty a$$ pitch? yes
Those two things are not mutually exclusive statements... Its not rocket science
Na folks like you be the problem. You haven't seen the pitch... I have!

There's nothing wrong with the pitch to the point of blaming the pitch for the continued disjointed play of the team. Be it in Uyo or elsewhere.

Poor workman blaming his tools.

:boo: :boo:
:lol: Your problem is you people take sides, dig in and get too emotional like PMS'ing women. Who blamed pitch for "continued disjointed play of the team" Someone asked a simple question why they were employing long ball and I mentioned the shitty pitch as a possible reason. Anyone who has played football would recognize a shitty pitch the second you see it. It possible to acknowledge a simple fact. It was a poor pitch. Acknowledging the shitty state of the pitch says nothing about their poor play, and failure of the coaching staff to react to what wasn't working. Those are not mutually exclusive position.

They played poorly and looked clueless about how to break down CAR. I mentioned it in the first half. I've constantly said that we still have zero clue on how to break down team when we are favored, so I'm not sure wth you are on.

Abeg go find someone else to go and debate your juvenile FC vs LC battles...I have zero time for you people :rotf:
Last edited by metalalloy on Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:12 pmI fully expect them to. Absolutely

But I make the distinction between playing better and playing at a high level.

We have not played at a high level for 6yrs
Fair enough. That nuance makes total sense. However, do you believe the team playing better will avoid Sunday being another surprise/shock for you?
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:11 pm

It is a POOR TEAM!

PERIODTTT!
nope its not as simple as you want to make it, and you guys are partially lying because of your agenda.

SE has played very well under Rohr when Iwobi is deployed as an AM.

We play much better when afforded space, usually against better teams. 2 of the best matches under Rohr were against Brazil and Ukraine, because we were afforded space. A piss poor team cannot tie against Brazil sorry. We also played well for the first 70 minutes against Sierra Leone before falling asleep and played well in both Lesotho matches.

The problem is this.

1. Rohr reverted to a 442 to accomodate Nacho. Wrong move. It worked for a while against poor teams when we got lucky to score early but it does not make us play well

2. Rohr has ignored the midfield and creative problems to our detriment. He thinks he can just use false wingers to provide creativity and we have been proven time and time again that is not the answer. It was a bust in the 2 Cameroon matches, and now a bust today.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Sheikh wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:12 pm
Orion wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:06 pm Guys, look on the bright side. If we're going to have a stinker, this is the best time to have it. We still have a small buffer keeping us at the top of the group.

The team can now be seriously reassessed, and I hope Rohr is up to it.
He has had 5 years, and is not up to it. When would it sink in?
It was the same Rohr that made it possible to lose a game at home and still be on top of the group abi?

I really believe there are things happening behind the scenes hindering the performance of this team. Have the players been paid their bonuses in full? Have the coaches been paid?

There should be no half-assed attempt. Either do it properly or don't even bother showing up.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Very ponderous performance. Poor passes and touches all over, no tactics or clear direction on how to break down a defensive minded CAR team.
You see players taking several touches dressing the ball. Very poor!! Yeah we got stormed by the CAR. How this impostor Rohr still has a job coaching this team is beyond me. That was an atrocious performance at any level. Imagine if the CAR wins the return match in a few days. Best not contemplated. 😡😡😡
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

This is what happens when we overhype players, and watch matches with too much emotion.
Where is the coordination, and disciplined team approach? You have players missing simple passes,
dribbling excessively, playing the long pass that gives away the ball instead of a short one to keep
possession, and worse bunching up instead of spreading the field.

Our players' problems are between the ears, and not being able to stick to fundamentals.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

theDunamis wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Fair enough. That nuance makes total sense. However, do you believe the team playing better will avoid Sunday being another surprise/shock for you?

I expect the team to play better and win or at worst draw.

But again, we lack the capacity to play at a high level with this manager. That was clear to me 5 years ago...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Have they been poor? Yes
Those two things are not mutually exclusive statements... Its not rocket science

There's nothing wrong with the pitch to the point of blaming the pitch for the continued disjointed play of the team. Be it in Uyo or elsewhere.

:lol: Your problem is you people take sides, dig in and get too emotional like PMS'ing women. Who blamed pitch for "continued disjointed play of the team" Someone asked a simple question why they were employing long ball and I mentioned the shitty pitch as a possible reason. Anyone who has played football would recognize a shitty pitch the second you see it. It possible to acknowledge a simple fact. It was a poor pitch. Acknowledging the shitty state of the pitch says nothing about their poor play, and failure of the coaching staff to react to what wasn't working. Those are not mutually exclusive position.

They played poorly and looked clueless about how to break down CAR. I mentioned it in the first half. I've constantly said that we still have zero clue on how to break down team when we are favored, so I'm not sure wth you are on.

Abeg go find someone else to go and debate your juvenile FC vs LC battles...I have zero time for you people :rotf:

Its very hard to remain a member of this forum tbh.

You cannot have a serious football discussion anymore...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they expended too much energy singing before match. A qualifier is a serious undertaking, and focus is needed, instead they got drunk on singing, burning valuable calories. Call me whatyoulike this na my very view point.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

We are in the easiest group yet we have been dominated any of our matches, from Liberia to Cape Verde and now CAR. Can we actually say that a Nigerian coach would have done any worse?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Like I said, enjoy your day!

I brought up the pitch DURING the game to counter those who were acclaiming a beautiful pitch.

One can comment on the pitch, or even on climate change for that matter, without it being automatically linked to the loss.

We lost BECAUSE WE WERE POOR; ABYSMALLY POOR!
Enjoy my day?

Are you okay? Enjoy my day because the Eagles lost? You must have me confused with someone else. Can't stand you people that are forming surprised.

I wish you had the same passion for Naija as you have for Liverpool.

You won't tolerate such a manager for Liverpool under ANY circumstance. Anyone who points out the fact that he is a poor manager is a hater.

You all bringing up the pitch is pissing me the #@$% off.

You should spend less time on talking even mentioning the pitch and focus squarely on the culprit. If you were near me, I will headbutt your mouth for even mentioning the pitch. :curse:

I can bet you anything that not a single player will mention the pitch as contributing to the loss.

I have asked you "HOW EXACTLY DID THE PITCH CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR PERFORMANCE?"

HOW?!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

I've always said Rohr will not take us to the next level, African champions or later rounds of the WC but we should be winning these games at home especially against limited opposition.

Having said that, we can still qualify......

Right now, the situation is still salvagable, he will not resign and we can't afford to sack him......this is where we are
txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:24 pm
theDunamis wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 pm

I expect the team to play better and win or at worst draw.

But again, we lack the capacity to play at a high level with this manager. That was clear to me 5 years ago...
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Orion wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:18 pm
Orion wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:06 pm Guys, look on the bright side. If we're going to have a stinker, this is the best time to have it. We still have a small buffer keeping us at the top of the group.

It was the same Rohr that made it possible to lose a game at home and still be on top of the group abi?

I really believe there are things happening behind the scenes hindering the performance of this team. Have the players been paid their bonuses in full? Have the coaches been paid?

There should be no half-assed attempt. Either do it properly or don't even bother showing up.
Rohr has been poor for far too long. Do not rely on a good patch 4 years ago to accept the poor performances forever. The man never achieved much before he was offered the job (not his fault) but it has been clear for ages that he is simply not up to it. Perhaps it would take this humiliating defeat for it to finally sink in,
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:07 pm
YUJAM wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:04 pm The pitch was much better than the one they faced Liberia on.

Anyway, an absolutely disastrous performance if you ask me.
txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Have they been poor? Yes

Cellular,

The pitch was poor. That is a fact.

Its also a fact we were poor.
Its also a fact that we have an average coach.

The pitch should NOT be a subject for debate.

Our poor performance trumps everything else...
The pitch wasn’t that bad from what I saw.
No excuses to be made on this.
Kai.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Don't blame the loss on anything. We simply honestly have below average players
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Orion wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:18 pm

...that joyous mood in camp will say yes, all is well, pay wise. Or were they fooling us :?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:27 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Have they been poor? Yes

Its very hard to remain a member of this forum tbh.

You cannot have a serious football discussion anymore...
There is a reason why I really haven't been on here for the past year or so.. :rotf:

Anyway, on to Sunday.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

joao wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:24 pm This is what happens when we overhype players, and watch matches with too much emotion.
Where is the coordination, and disciplined team approach? You have players missing simple passes,
dribbling excessively, playing the long pass that gives away the ball instead of a short one to keep
possession, and worse bunching up instead of spreading the field.

Our players' problems are between the ears, and not being able to stick to fundamentals.
Hmmm...funny how they are somehow able to do it at their clubs...wonder what the difference is...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:24 pmI expect the team to play better and win or at worst draw.

With what I have seen over the last 5 years and with what I saw today, I am afraid I have no confidence in this team against a CAR powered by both raw determination and a die-hard defense mentality. I hope and pray you are right though.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ezesportsworld wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 pm Don't blame the loss on anything. We simply honestly have below average players
CAR's GK is an amateur in Germany....hmmm lets try this one again...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Mister Dolly wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:22 pm Very ponderous performance. Poor passes and touches all over, no tactics or clear direction on how to break down a defensive minded CAR team.
You see players taking several touches dressing the ball. Very poor!! Yeah we got stormed by the CAR. How this impostor Rohr still has a job coaching this team is beyond me. That was an atrocious performance at any level. Imagine if the CAR wins the return match in a few days. Best not contemplated. 😡😡😡
Rohr's time is up if we draw or lose the return match :agree: .
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Ezesportsworld wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 pm Don't blame the loss on anything. We simply honestly have below average players
...if 4th tier players can beat our 'below average players, why don't we use top local league players to prosecute such matches.
(An 18 yr old from their local league was in the starting 11).