If Rohr was fired today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
If Rohr was fired today

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who would you chose to replace him and what would be his target? Also, how much would you pay him?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If Rohr was fired today

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:21 pm Who would you chose to replace him and what would be his target? Also, how much would you pay him?
Emir,

LOL. I didn't realize you could seek controversy where none exist, huh?

In any case, this is an important question and the kind of thing that generates life into the forum.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:21 pm Who would you chose to replace him and what would be his target? Also, how much would you pay him?
Emir,

In any case, this is an important question and the kind of thing that generates life into the forum.
How can you say there's no controversy where none exists on Rohr? :shock: Have you read the comments and topics lately? We even have a gang that refuses to call him by his name. You know when Nigerians refuse to utter your name that means war.

Let them tell us who they want, what they want him to achieve and what he'll be paid. Simple. :-|
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:54 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 pm
Emir,

How can you say there's no controversy where none exists on Rohr? :shock: Have you read the comments and topics lately? We even have a gang that refuses to call him by his name. You know when Nigerians refuse to utter your name that means war.

Let them tell us who they want, what they want him to achieve and what he'll be paid. Simple. :-|
Emir,

This is what makes the Forum lively. I love the back and forth. What good is it if we all agree? LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

This strictly for fun and perhaps a radical thouhg - but I feel Obi Mikel could make a good coach,he would garner resepect of the current squad. Perhaps a more realistic shout would be Yobo or Amuneke. Frankly I feel like we have slim pickings
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Pitso Mosimane or Emmanuel Amuneke
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Pinnick has pitched his tent with Rohr, so Rohr isn't going anywhere. Rohr only loses his job if he fails to meet the targets in his contract.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

before I wanted Rohr fired if we had a "suitable replacement"

its now getting to the point where I think firing him for anybody is a good option.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:36 pm before I wanted Rohr fired if we had a "suitable replacement"

its now getting to the point where I think firing him for anybody is a good option.
Pls answer the question. What and what is his target? I'd expect that you of all will be rolling out the names of 5 coaches you think can coach the SE the way u want.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

chif456 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:12 pm This strictly for fun and perhaps a radical thouhg - but I feel Obi Mikel could make a good coach,he would garner resepect of the current squad. Perhaps a more realistic shout would be Yobo or Amuneke. Frankly I feel like we have slim pickings
Unfortunately ,it's not for fun.Rohrs target is to win AFCON and get to WC semis.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:15 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:36 pm before I wanted Rohr fired if we had a "suitable replacement"

Pls answer the question. What and what is his target? I'd expect that you of all will be rolling out the names of 5 coaches you think can coach the SE the way u want.
Emir,

Truth is Rohr is on course and has not failed at this point. That is a FACT.

Now, are there candidates if and after he fails? God have mercy -- there are numerous!!!! Who was Rohr when he was hired? It is not like he was a world beater then. If that is the case, there are numerous guys at that level or even better. Christ jumping Jesus. I hate to read that question.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

He asked a simple question, yet none of the ''Rohr must go crusaders'' could name a candidate for replacement.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:26 am He asked a simple question, yet none of the ''Rohr must go crusaders'' could name a candidate for replacement.
naijaguy,

It is a ridiculous question.

If he could just scroll on previous topics that has been answered several times over. I cannot turn into a broken record answering that every other week. Moreover, Rohr is nothing special and has done nothing special for Nigeria for us to wonder about the difficulty of replacing him. We replaced Keshi and replaced Westerhoff and those were better than Rohr. When Rohr's term is over he will be replaced easily and in a heartbeat.

Look, if Rohr has won the AFCON or gone further in the World Cup then I can understand the difficulty. But he has not.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:26 am He asked a simple question, yet none of the ''Rohr must go crusaders'' could name a candidate for replacement.
Nuno Espirito, Finidi, Amunike ,Pitso, Klivert. I gave you 5 off the top. You clowns talk as if there are no coaches out there so we should continue to suffer under ****
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:31 am
naijaguy,

If he could just scroll on previous topics that has been answered several times over. I cannot turn into a broken record answering that every other week. Moreover, Rohr is nothing special and has done nothing special for Nigeria for us to wonder about the difficulty of replacing him. We replaced Keshi and replaced Westerhoff and those were better than Rohr. When Rohr's term is over he will be replaced easily and in a heartbeat.

Look, if Rohr has won the AFCON or gone further in the World Cup then I can understand the difficulty. But he has not.

Kongi is a fuuking eediot. He asks the same daft questions tryng to defend ****. How long did it take for Egypt to replace their underwhelming coach? Ghana unko? If the NFF cared, they would have found a suitable replacement months ago. As if **** is the only coach in this world.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

naijaguy,

Confucius has risen again! You just mentioned earlier in this thread that Rohr hasn't failed so far, now it's about Rohr now being all that. Which one isn't?

I asked a simple question that can be answered without reference to previous threads or other formers. You have written several post match analysis, articles and posts about the SE for years so you should have a fast answer to the question.

I'll try again. IF Rohr is fired TODAY who should replace him. What shout his goals be and what are you willing to pay him? Thas all! I won't let you dabaru the issue with K leg.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Abi o! Instead of answering the question na different tory they're bringing up. It's simple. Fire Rohr today and replace him with who to achieve what?

The rats are obviously not comfortable answering the question. They're circling it as though they already know the true answer but don't want to admit it
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:50 am
naijaguy,

Confucius has risen again! You just mentioned earlier in this thread that Rohr hasn't failed so far, now it's about Rohr now being all that. Which one isn't?

I asked a simple question that can be answered without reference to previous threads or other formers. You have written several post match analysis, articles and posts about the SE for years so you should have a fast answer to the question.

I'll try again. IF Rohr is fired TODAY who should replace him. What shout his goals be and what are you willing to pay him? Thas all! I won't let you dabaru the issue with K leg.
Kongi,

Sorry that you cannot decipher the position.

It really should be clear. Why fire him when you have payments to make and he is still on course? However, he up till date has yet to take us to Nirvana. If at the end of the day, we do not get to AFCON final and do not progress beyond the opening stage of the World cup, he should be let go.

Can you now understand the position? It should not, really, be complicated.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

naijaguy,

Enugu II, I quite understand a lot of people are not happy with the way we've been playing lately, myself included. But then again, It seems too late now to sack Rohr considering that AFCON is barely two months away. I am sure the NFF also don't even have money to pay him off, and not a lot of coaches will tolerate being owed as much as 8 months. Amunike and Finidi will/would not.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:35 am
Nuno Espirito, Finidi, Amunike ,Pitso, Klivert. I gave you 5 off the top. You clowns talk as if there are no coaches out there so we should continue to suffer under ****
LOL. you are actually a bigger clown. You truly believe Nuno Espirito will coach Nigeria?? Kluviert that was an assistant to Seedorf sacked after a year in charge of Cameroon? Can Pitso, Amunike and Finidi stay a year without being paid?
People like you will still be here to complain and call for their sack when they complain of being owed.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:45 am
bret- hart wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:35 am
LOL. you are actually a bigger clown. You truly believe Nuno Espirito will coach Nigeria?? Kluviert that was an assistant to Seedorf sacked after a year in charge of Cameroon? Can Pitso, Amunike and Finidi stay a year without being paid?
People like you will still be here to complain and call for their sack when they complain of being owed.
Dummy you asked for coaches and I gave you coaches. What is the problem? Dont want to see your 70 year old Zaddy go? Egypt hired a guy that was Fergie's assistant at Man Utd AT THEIR PRIME. What stops us from going for Nuno? Klivert is young and Dutch. Dutch coaches understand and appreciate Nigeria's style of play. Our most succesful FCs have been Dutch. I wont even respond to the 3rd daft point you made. Is **** the only coach in the world? So we must manage with that PE teacher until the likes of Djibouti and Somalia beat us at home abi? Anuofia.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:41 am
naijaguy,

Enugu II, I quite understand a lot of people are not happy with the way we've been playing lately, myself included. But then again, It seems too late now to sack Rohr considering that AFCON is barely two months away. I am sure the NFF also don't even have money to pay him off, and not a lot of coaches will tolerate being owed as much as 8 months. Amunike and Finidi will/would not.
Naijaguy,

You are spot on. The NFF has even affirmed as much by letting the public know that it will cost the Federation dearly, if Rohr is fired before his contract is over. That contract is not over until the WC. Moreover, Rohr remains on course. That is quite clear.

What is also clear is that a growing number of persons are not happy with the way the team is currently playing. https://www.pulse.ng/sports/twitter-nig ... ia/1wqf2bnThe results are good. There is no doubt about that. What really is pissing many off is that Rohr methodically has built a team that he wants but yet the team is not exciting to watch even against teams that are greatly overmatched on paper. To make matters worse, the team under him, has not done anything special in terms of winning laurels at the continental level or advancing to a celebratory stage of the World Cup.

One, clearly understands that Nigeria has played in only one AFCON that was contested under Rohr's watch because of a squeak in the AFCON timetable. But has Rohr inspired hope that the team can do better? I do not think so and I believe it is that feeling that is exasperating many (I am one of those) and I believe several in the NFF are part of that feeling but are restrained from pulling the trigger until the man's contract is over.

In my view, the only thing that will keep Rohr in that job after this contract is an AFCON final appearance and a beyond first round performance at the World Cup, if Nigeria gets there. Anything less, there will be a slew of coaches clamming to take over. The number will be well over 50, both from Nigeria and outside the country.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:17 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:50 am
naijaguy,

Kongi,

Sorry that you cannot decipher the position.

It really should be clear. Why fire him when you have payments to make and he is still on course? However, he up till date has yet to take us to Nirvana. If at the end of the day, we do not get to AFCON final and do not progress beyond the opening stage of the World cup, he should be let go.

Can you now understand the position? It should not, really, be complicated.

:clap: :clap: :clap: for yourself!

Now you've gotten to the bottom of why I asked the question. Hope you csn now see that it wasn't a ridiculous question afteral.

1, Rohr is on course to achieve what he was tasked with.

2, we don't have the $ to hire a new coach and pay Rohr off.

3 There's no point in hiring a new coach to achieve what Rohr is on course to when you can't pay him or task a new coach with a heavy burden of winning Afcon , qualifying for the WC and getting to the semis.

Sorry I had to dumb it down but when you have mugus suggesting Nuno , Mikel and Kluivert be hired the only way get the point through is to dumb it down.

Rohr has qualified for every competition since he was hired and did ok in all considering the talent available and he's on course for Afcon and WC. If he qualifies for the WC he should be retained regardless of what happens at Afcon unless we fail to qualify from our group. It's long-term planning but unfortunately our people like short cuts.
OCCUPY NFF!!