Nigeria vs Egypt 1-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt Live! 1-0

Post by ohenhen1 »

theYemster wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:00 pm Zaidu Sanusi looks a lot like Antonio Brown.
He is a solid player. Why did Rohr not play him more?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt 1-0

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria defeneers get up for big games. We also on the most part kept Messi quiet. Salah was pocketed today. EPL teams can learn a thing or two. Omeruo is an excellent man marker. Did the same thing to Drogba.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

I haven't been keeping up with the eagles....where is that german chap?
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 pm
theYemster wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:00 pm Zaidu Sanusi looks a lot like Antonio Brown.
He is a solid player. Why did Rohr not play him more?
He played him a couple of games. Remember he made a mistake that led to Sierra Leone's equaliser. And he lost form at the beginning of the season but he has since regained his place in Porto's starting line-up. I like him but I always felt Collins was a better defender.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:34 pm Moses Simon was my man of the match, but they probably gave it to Kelz because he scored the winning goal. Btw, Ejuke is not the only selfish winger we have, he is just the most selfish. Chuwkueze, Iwobi, Kalu, and at times Simon have all shown that tendency in recent times. Passing to the open man in the final third is something that needs to be instilled in our wingers.
Moses Simon had the most selfish move of the entire match.

He had A WIDE OPEN Awoniyi in the first half, ready for a tap in and he chose to shoot from an impossible angle.

Simon did well but his end product is terrible. He cannot cross to save his life.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:19 pm Nigeria defeneers get up for big games. We also on the most part kept Messi quiet. Salah was pocketed today. EPL teams can learn a thing or two. Omeruo is an excellent man marker. Did the same thing to Drogba.
:blink: :blink: :blink:

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Hope he doesn’t behave like him!!! Complete Mad man
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

That doesn't prove Omeruo isn't a good man marker. All defenders have slip ups particularly against legends like Messi.

Messi has done worse to better players than Omeruo.
Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:19 pm Nigeria defeneers get up for big games. We also on the most part kept Messi quiet. Salah was pocketed today. EPL teams can learn a thing or two. Omeruo is an excellent man marker. Did the same thing to Drogba.
:blink: :blink: :blink:

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:27 pm
olu wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:34 pm Moses Simon was my man of the match, but they probably gave it to Kelz because he scored the winning goal. Btw, Ejuke is not the only selfish winger we have, he is just the most selfish. Chuwkueze, Iwobi, Kalu, and at times Simon have all shown that tendency in recent times. Passing to the open man in the final third is something that needs to be instilled in our wingers.
Moses Simon had the most selfish move of the entire match.

He had A WIDE OPEN Awoniyi in the first half, ready for a tap in and he chose to shoot from an impossible angle.

Simon did well but his end product is terrible. He cannot cross to save his life.
Truth be told, the entire team made poor crosses, from Moses to Zaidu to Samu, hoping they improve on that because they were getting behind the Egyptians and into crossing positions with ease.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

they stole the MOTM from Aribo. that boy was so so solid. respect.
Everyone was good today.

Work on crossing for everyone, work on decision making in the third and we win afcon.

All the forwards kept making poor decisions , and the one cross that Simon delivered 1/2 well is the one we scored from , the cross did not beat the first defender but the guy headed it to Aribo becaus ehe also could not head it out ( not enough power on the cross ) ..the rest is now history.

I had typed before that that simon crosses need more height and less power. he had too much power behind the crosses and he kept doing it over and over kai !!
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:56 pm they stole the MOTM from Aribo. that boy was so so solid. respect.
Everyone was good today.

Work on crossing for everyone, work on decision making in the third and we win afcon.

All the forwards kept making poor decisions , and the one cross that Simon delivered 1/2 well is the one we scored from , the cross did not beat the first defender but the guy headed it to Aribo becaus ehe also could not head it out ( not enough power on the cross ) ..the rest is now history.

I had typed before that that simon crosses need more height and less power. he had too much power behind the crosses and he kept doing it over and over kai !!

Moses despite playing very well today, his crosses and final balls are just so poor.

A guy like Lookman will kill Moses in this aspect of the game. This is also where Victor excelled for us.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Leeds want to sign up Aina, meanwhile Aribo is definitely not staying in Scotland next season, the boy is too good for that league.
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

Shadams wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:09 pm
hestonap wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:05 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:59 pm I am impressed with how lively Nigeria has been. I almost did not recognize our team. Kudos to the lads. On the front foot!! I love it. I also liker the pressure when Egypt has the ball. We have not allowed them to settle down.
Prof, abeg told them. So the same players who could not string passes against 'lesser opposition' compared to the Egyptians over the past several months look a totally different enterprise.

So what changed ?

A coach who believes in the ability of his players. On who knows his onions.

All some of us have asked from the start, is stop playing cowardly football and let us play like men, even if we lose, let us compete properly. Yet the dude was stinking up the joint with arguably our most in-depth collection of players in a long time.

Congrats to Egu and the boys today. hey played with confidence, swagger worked hard and were a pride and joy to behold.

Congrats to Egu. There seems to be some competition in this team and it showed. Musa was nowhere near the lineup; Ajayi preferred over Awaziam (is he fit?) and Iwobi's place is no longer guaranteed. It's a new day. On to the next game.
Spot on bro, my best SE match in a long while. I saw confidence and even swagger in a team that couldn’t string 3 passes together recently.

I also like the seeming competition already. There’s HOPE. My Super Eagles are back 🦅

Egu my man of the match 🙌 :clap: :clap: 9/10 :rotf:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Analysis by Kabalega's people.

Not bad, except for the misinformation that the Government send players to European Academies (even if some state Governments have academies and collaborations with European clubs).

The twitter comments are also interesting.

Almost no point going back to Rohr matter, but he should been fired DURING the 2018 World Cup after the first game against Croatia. He was sucking the life out of the team with his mentality and was not going to change. I said it here on this forum right after that Croatia game. It was time to make a statement.

1 good half against Iceland, and he reverted back to his defensive shell.

Well done to the team. Long tournament ahead hopefully, but a very good start.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

truetalk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:10 pm Analysis by Kabalega's people.

Not bad, except for the misinformation that the Government send players to European Academies (even if some state Governments have academies and collaborations with European clubs).

Almost no point going back to Rohr matter, but he should been fired DURING the 2018 World Cup after the first game against Croatia. He was sucking the life out of the team with his mentality and was not going to change. I said it here on this forum right after that Croatia game. It was time to make a statement.

1 good half against Iceland, and he reverted back to his defensive shell.

Well done to the team. Long tournament ahead hopefully, but a very good start.
i like the woman in that video , she was happy the north Africans were beat ... a :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

At least we're not seeing any North African dominance so far, na Ghana even fook up by losing to Morocco.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:10 pm Analysis by Kabalega's people.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Amazing how people can talk utter rubbish with such confidence.
But it just shows how others see us as against how we see ourselves.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:18 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:15 pm If Ejuke will look up.....he will be one hell of a player
Difficult to train that out of him now. Old habits die hard.
He is young….he will always dribble but can be productive….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:40 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:15 pm If Ejuke will look up.....he will be one hell of a player
We've seen it before. Pius Ikedia.

Ejuke rarely looks up when he is running with the ball. That would be impossible to change. You just follow his career and see.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:50 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:40 pm
We've seen it before. Pius Ikedia.

Ejuke rarely looks up when he is running with the ball. That would be impossible to change. You just follow his career and see.
Lolly, he is improving in Russia…this ain’t Ikedia
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Always great and super important to start the African Nations Cup with a win. We were simply better than the Egyptians today. There's still a long way to go and we will hopefully see improvement as the tournament progresses.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Robbynice wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:51 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:48 pm
Robbynice wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:42 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:30 pm Our guys played like they were tired of hearing Salah this, Salah that...
I was definitely tired of hearing Salah this Salah that. Like I was telling some on one of my whatsApp group, Salah is good but he hasn't won jack with Egypt not even when they hosted the AFCON in 2019. Egypt with Salah is not even ranked Top 5 in Africa. So I didn't know what the fear in facing them was. On well, we move...
Salah is a very dangerous player as he demonstrated towards the end but Nigeria is considerably better than Egypt❗️

Cheers.
Oh I know Salah is a very dangerous player. He is a world class player. My emphasis was more on team. Salah is good but as a team Egypt haven't done anything to warrant all the fear IMHO
Looking at this game, they have even regressed.
A lot worse than they were in the last two tournaments.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu