Osimhen fully recovered!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Osimhen fully recovered!!!

Post by charlie »

Osimhen missing the AFCON is a blessing in disguise.
There was always an open question with the Super Eagles on who would back him up in a major tournament....well now we get to find out.

I have big hopes for Taiwo Awoniyi. He looked much better in the game against Sudan. Hopefully he starts the next game and continues to improve. We really need him to be a viable option for Osimhen off the bench.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 pm He misses too many chances for my liking! Just missed a 1-v-1

I believe his hustle and goals per game shades those misses.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:51 pm Yes he should be in Cameroon. NIgeria could use him against Guinea Bissau in the final group game, He can use it to get his match fitness and then he could be useful to Nigeria at the knockout stages. I am not happy. The NFF are mugus. Senegal fought Watford for Sarr and got him released. The NFF bent over backwards for Napoli. Napoli scammed Nigeria.

And Sarr has played for Senegal abi ?
Azu has played for Nigeria abi ?
Lemina has just been sent back to his club..Reason he will be better off medically at his club.
Auba has been sent back to Arsenal by Gabon reason he would be better off medically there ..

And yet you feel Napoli should send their 90M investment to you to break him because of Afcon ? When they with their medics only got him playing for the firs time today ?

You are being unreasonable .Period.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

BigMuze wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:05 pm That is just wrong. If the young man didn't pick up Covid in Naija, he could have been cleared early enough and then allowed to return to Afcon. Something tells me this was all staged to make him miss Afcon. The fact that they have the audacity to clear him before our first kick of the ball in Afcon feels like an inconsiderate insult to the Naija and Afcon. Anyway, just because I know how much Osimhen loves to give his all on the pitch for SE, I will not hold this against him. I just pray one of the strikers perform extraordinarily at Afcon so he is no longer an absolutely certain starter.
Their plan was already In motion I n December. It was obvious once the doctor was talking about 3 months. I was attacked on this forum. No one will apologize.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Osimhen is a young boy that wants to get along with every one. He will soon learn that he has to place his own interest ahead of Napoli. Because Napoli will not hesitate to drop him when he is no longer of use to them. He will regret this decision. It is not entirely his fault. The NFf should have stood. Up for him and refuse his request to he dropped. I wish Napoli lose a lot of games but wish Osimhen success.

donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Question:

If we get to the semis or final and are able to get Oshimen or Ighalo released from their clubs (if we want them) does anyone know whether they could still play in the afcon? I know we have some spaces we haven’t filled
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

donadoni wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:03 pm Question:

If we get to the semis or final and are able to get Oshimen or Ighalo released from their clubs (if we want them) does anyone know whether they could still play in the afcon? I know we have some spaces we haven’t filled
Osimhen was replaced, so no.
Ighalo technically yes, but his club have a clause.
And it would be a very daft idea, even by NFF standards.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Osimhen has too much passion for the SE. If he felt joining Naija camp with hope of recovery and playing Afcon was not possible I believe him. Definitely should not make a crazy decision just to please Ohenhen. Glad he is back. Hopefully in top shape by WC qualifiers
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

charlie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:34 pm Osimhen missing the AFCON is a blessing in disguise.
There was always an open question with the Super Eagles on who would back him up in a major tournament....well now we get to find out.

I have big hopes for Taiwo Awoniyi. He looked much better in the game against Sudan. Hopefully he starts the next game and continues to improve. We really need him to be a viable option for Osimhen off the bench.
Facts!!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kawawa wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 am Osimhen has too much passion for the SE. If he felt joining Naija camp with hope of recovery and playing Afcon was not possible I believe him. Definitely should not make a crazy decision just to please Ohenhen. Glad he is back. Hopefully in top shape by WC qualifiers
He was already in Nigeria getting ready for Afcon. His club pressured him to abandon his Afcon plans.