I HAVE HAD MY SLICE OF HUMBLE PIE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
I HAVE HAD MY SLICE OF HUMBLE PIE

Post by vancity eagle »

Simon is a baller.

Even his short cameo today, the guy was doing what we hoped Chukwueze and Ejuke could be doing. The man was possessed.

Tbh Simon was not doing good for the past year and I never called for him to be dropped from the squad, but only to sit on the bench.
But dude has stepped it up big time. He is a menace on that flank this tournament.
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Re: I HAVE HAD MY SLICE OF HUMBLE PIE

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:47 am Simon is a baller.

Even his short cameo today, the guy was doing what we hoped Chukwueze and Ejuke could be doing. The man was possessed.

Tbh Simon was not doing good for the past year and I never called for him to be dropped from the squad, but only to sit on the bench.
But dude has stepped it up big time. He is a menace on that flank this tournament.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Charap mschew, was it his fault he was being played in the wrong position for so long?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

VE<

Good that you manned up. All of us have to eat the pie from time to time. Thus, no big deal. BTW, how BIG was that pie? LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The talent has always been there, but it takes confidence and good coaching to bring that out.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

One would be tempted to take you seriously but that would be only one who has not seen your yoyo emotions when it comes to football and footballers.

Anyhoo, Simon is not fooled and knows that you will soon deny him 3 times before the rooster crows.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Your dilemma is your “instability ” first of all, it’s an “illusion” that Simon was played as a RWB throughout Rohr tenure. Simon only played as a RWB on Rohr tenure during his last 3 games. prior to that, he was used as a LW . Anyway, you had every right to be disappointed in Simon because prior to this tournament, Simon/Musa end product has been disappointing for the past 2 years while Rohr insisted on giving them multiple chances. Learn to be stable, Solid and stand your ground. So far at this tournament, Simon has been Very Impressive and he deserves commendations, praise but don’t denounce your rightful statement about him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:07 am

Your dilemma is your “instability ” first of all, it’s an “illusion” that Simon was played as a RWB throughout Rohr tenure. Simon only played as a RWB on Rohr tenure during his last 3 games. prior to that, he was used as a LW. Anyway, you had every right to be disappointed in Simon because prior to this tournament, Simon/Musa end product has been disappointing for the past 2 years while Rohr insisted on giving them multiple chances. So far at this tournament, Simon has been Impressive and he deserves commendations. There’s no need to denounce your previous rightful statement regarding him.
Please check again, **** mainly played Simon at either RWB or RW. At the last ANC Musa was on the left Simon had to split time on the right with Samu. If it wasn’t Musa it was Samuel Kalu preferred on the left side. The previous few times Simon has gotten to play there he excelled like in a friendly against Cameroon.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Your dilemma is your “instability ” first of all, it’s an “illusion” that Simon was played as a RWB throughout Rohr tenure. Simon only played as a RWB on Rohr tenure during his last 3 games. prior to that, he was used as a LW . Anyway, you had every right to be disappointed in Simon because prior to this tournament, Simon/Musa end product was very disappointing for the past 2 years while Rohr insisted on giving them multiple chances. Learn to be stable, Solid and stand your ground. So far at this tournament, Simon has been Very Impressive and he deserves commendations, praise but don’t denounce your rightful statement about him.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:17 am

Your dilemma is your “instability ” first of all, it’s an “illusion” that Simon was played as a RWB throughout Rohr tenure. Simon only played as a RWB on Rohr tenure during his last 3 games. prior to that, he was used as a LW. Anyway, you had every right to be disappointed in Simon because prior to this tournament, Simon/Musa end product has been disappointing for the past 2 years while Rohr insisted on giving them multiple chances. So far at this tournament, Simon has been Impressive and he deserves commendations. There’s no need to denounce your previous rightful statement regarding him.
Please check again, **** mainly played Simon at either RWB or RW. At the last ANC Musa was on the left Simon had to split time on the right with Samu. If it wasn’t Musa it was Samuel Kalu preferred on the left side. The previous few times Simon has gotten to play there he excelled like in a friendly against Cameroon.

Whether RW/RWB or LWB Simon end product I.e his crosses, or shot on target prior to this tournament
Has been Atrocious and fans had a right to complain. Frankly at this tournament, he has been very impressive but I’m not disavowing my comments on Simon previous end product…. Simon last 2 games has been his best ever performances for SE and it has nothing to do with his position because I have seen him play as an LW for SE In the past and still disappointed. As a winger, your first duty is to learn how to cross I.e Finidi George…. Anyway, let’s celebrate Simon sha
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:25 am

Whether RW/RWB or LWB Simon end product I.e his crosses, or shot on target prior to this tournament
Has been Atrocious and fans had a right to complain. Frankly at this tournament, he has been very impressive but I’m not disavowing my comments on Simon previous end product…. Simon last 2 games has been his best ever performances for SE and it has nothing to do with his position because I have seen him play as an LW for SE In the past and still disappointed. As a winger, your first duty is to learn how to cross I.e Finidi George…. Anyway, let’s celebrate Simon sha
You haven’t seen him play there while he’s been having his best seasons at Nantes. He does this at his club all the time during the last 2+ seasons including winning best player award at his club in 2019/2020 season playing on the LW, to topping assist charts in the league, while all throughout his breakout couple of seasons for his club he has been played in a different position for country. How can you say that doesn’t matter, means you don’t understand footie. Do you think his club will wake up and start playing him in RWB and then complain when he’s not giving player of the season type performances? He does need to improve his final ball/cross for sure but it’s not fair to not acknowledge that he hasn’t been played often in his preferred position and he even said as much in the Egypt post game conference…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:38 am

You haven’t seen him play there while he’s been having his best seasons at Nantes. He does this at his club all the time during the last 2+ seasons including winning best player award at his club in 2019/2020 season playing on the LW, to topping assist charts in the league, while all throughout his breakout couple of seasons for his club he has been played in a different position for country. How can you say that doesn’t matter, means you don’t understand footie. Do you think his club will wake up and start playing him in RWB and then complain when he’s not giving player of the season type performances? He does need to improve his final ball/cross for sure but it’s not fair to not acknowledge that he hasn’t been played often in his preferred position and he even said as much in the Egypt post game conference…

During the last stages of WCQ, Simon played 3 games as a LW (No goals or assist) the remaining 3 games as a RBW (no goals or assist) he was bad during Rohr tenure and it had nothing to do with his position. At this tournament, Simon has been very impressive we should celebrate him without denouncing our previous statement regarding his end product. That’s all I’m telling VE.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Nice one VE
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:57 am

Charap mschew, was it his fault he was being played in the wrong position for so long?
but that is a lie.

He played on the left wing plenty of times under Rohr, and was poor.

Simon has turned it on this tournament, he was mediocre before, that is the truth.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

kpom

People acting as if Simon has not been crap for the last 2 years.

Its great he has turned it around this tournament, but there is nothing I said about his PAST performances that was not accurate.

These last 3 matches have all been his best games for SE ever. Nothing he has done previously even comes close, so there isn't really an "I told you so" to be had.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:07 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:57 am

but that is a lie.

He played on the left wing plenty of times under Rohr, and was poor.

Simon has turned it on this tournament, he was mediocre before, that is the truth.
When? In his last two seasons when he’s been hot at his club let me know when he played on the left for SE…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Good for you. The next step for you is to admit that Sadiq isn’t all you cracked him up to be. You definitely owe Paul and Simi apologies🙂❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:37 am

Good for you. The next step for you is to admit that Sadiq isn’t all you cracked him up to be. You definitely owe Paul and Simi apologies🙂❗️

Cheers.
Sadiq has a better goal per minute average than any of our strikers. Get your pie ready.

Who go feed Paul ? Simon ? Paul is useless for SE. Every criticism you all had of Sadiq Paul is even worse in all of them. You gat agenda.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sadiq scored in his first AFCON start.

What did Big Paul do ?
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:11 am

kpom

People acting as if Simon has not been crap for the last 2 years.

Its great he has turned it around this tournament, but there is nothing I said about his PAST performances that was not accurate.

These last 3 matches have all been his best games for SE ever. Nothing he has done previously even comes close, so there isn't really an "I told you so" to be had.
Last 2 years..

For club: Simon has been good. Really good
For Country: He has played to instructions.

I think the big difference is the instructions and bias of the coach. Safe vs Bullish. Someone like Simon obviously thrives best when playing in a bullish context for a coach that emphasizes---- "express yourself" More than "defend and maintain support for the LB". Egu has said it after EVERY match...he wants his players to go out and express themselves. He said that again today. Simon in my view, is given the exact kind of permission that allows him to shine. Probably the main difference
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:29 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:37 am

Cheers.
Sadiq has a better goal per minute average than any of our strikers. Get your pie ready.

Who go feed Paul ? Simon ? Paul is useless for SE. Every criticism you all had of Sadiq Paul is even worse in all of them. You gat agenda.
Dude, 3 games is not enough to make the goals per minute stat relevant. Try again… and I’ll spare you some blushes and not go into the fortuitous nature of his goal or his general lethargy in front of goal.

Both Paul and Simi are definitely more sure footed than your boy🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Wait O! So it’s after the Guinea Bissau game, abi na Papau New Guinea abi na Guinea Fowl, na him agree chop humble pie?

You didn’t see it against Egypt.

No pie eaten after Sudan.

But after a cameo, na him you come gree?

What’s happened to your stats?

Dis wan pass humble pie sha. You should ban yourself from the forum for the duration of the Afcon and have all your future posts singed off by Emir and BigPork before posting.

Instead of sneaking in a humble pie post on a quiet news night.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

this is fake, once he has an okay game you will be back normal
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^