This KID Amooo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: This KID Amooo

Post by The YeyeMan »

Mr Shows wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:40 pm Got a late, late call up as a late replacement by Pep Eguavillo .. Unfortunately, CAF no gree. As we could only replace players with injuries.

ANC and WCQ have come a bit too early. Maybe next years ANC...
If he's getting called up at this stage (albeit denied by CAF) then he's in contention for the WCQs.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Can't wait to see this young play for the GWG, There is a unique gifting that this guy has that can't be coached. Has a fearless ability about him
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 pm VE

You still have not learned as this issue pertains to our players. The league does not accurately reflect how good an African player is. The reason is because of economics. These players leave there countries seeking to play wherever they will be legitimately paid for their labor. They do not ordinarily care whether it is in Denmark, Saudi, or Germany. This is especially true for their first port of call. You need to read up about migration of these players to better understand this phenomenon.
You keep promoting this fallacy, maybe when they first leave the country . Within a year, Terem Moffi, moved from Lithuania to France, Arokodare moved to Germany and France, Dennis from Ukraine to the EPL, Yusuf from Sweden to Belgium, Bonnke from Sweden to France etc. The cream will always rise to the top and the scouting network in Europe is extensive and the good players will get scouted.
You're both right but you're "righter" :D Once a player gets to Europe, if he's good then he'll be playing in the better leagues. That's not saying he couldn't perform well for Nigeria whilst playing in one of the lower leagues but more often than not the better players will find themselves in the better leagues.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm You keep promoting this fallacy, maybe when they first leave the country . Within a year, Terem Moffi, moved from Lithuania to France, Arokodare moved to Germany and France, Dennis from Ukraine to the EPL, Yusuf from Sweden to Belgium, Bonnke from Sweden to France etc. The cream will always rise to the top and the scouting network in Europe is extensive and the good players will get scouted.
Abegi, which Bonke went from Sweden to France "within a year"? :blink:

The same Innocent Bonke who left Nigeria since 2013 or 2014, and has labored in Norway and Sweden in the SEVEN+ YEARS since, until his recent free agent signing with Lorient? Or is there another one? NONE of those aforelisted players moved to a top league "within a year" (and merely for the sake of argument, we are including the substantively second-tier Belgian league), except perhaps Tolu Arokodare, but even then he has thus far only made it to the French second division (albeit after a loan pitstop at Koln), where even Sunday Mba was able to move to directly from Nigeria.

Emmanuel Dennis most certainly did not make it to the EPL from Ukraine "within a year" but after more than FIVE YEARS of ups-and-down (including a calamitous spell at Koln), and even then it took the influence of the agent Mogi Bayat, who has a relationship with Gino Pozzo and has placed several players at the Pozzos' clubs (Udinese, Watford and Granada), such as Joao Pedro and Aspirilla, largely because Watford was desperate enough to take a punt at the low-ball fee of 3m (basically the same thing that is presently happening with Samuel Kalus, who is using Mogi as his agent and moving for reportedly another low-ball 3.5m Watford deal).

Scouting is NOT (and has NEVER been) an exact science, and there is NO "extensive" scouting network in Europe that somehow meritoriously and/or objectively evaluates (and thereafter places) all players across the vast landscape of the various European leagues. It many ways it can be a veritable crap shoot with as much misses as hits, in which the influence of personal ('man-know-man') is often crucial. For instance, it was the connection of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that brought Mikel to the attention of Man Utd when Mikel was at Lyn Oslo. Similarly, it is the common ownership relationship between Brentford and FC Midtjylland that helped Frank Onyeka land in the EPL after 4 years at FCM.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:55 pm swedish league bro calm down.

Lets see him do this in a better league.
Dude when will you learn that the league does not make the player.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

There is no exact science but the fact is the better leagues have the better players (that’s why they are the better leagues).
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:40 pm
Agbako wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 pm

Can he do this in a National Team Colors.? I think we should give him a look. To me better than suppose strikers we are parading right now that cant dribble one player. Moses Simon exception..... I need A player like this in the box to cause havoc...
Eguavoen did say he was looking at calling either him or Silas Nwankwo as a replacement for Ighalo but CAF didn't allow it.
Incredible talent.

Let’s just speculate for a moment:
If he turns out to be just as good at the top level (SE, ‘Top 5’ league level), who’s position in the SE would be threatened directly?
Iwobi?
Ejuke?
Chukwueze?
Iheanacho?
Aribo?

Because this kid is knocking on the door and e never even start. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:17 am

Can he do this in a National Team Colors.? I think we should give him a look. To me better than suppose strikers we are parading right now that cant dribble one player. Moses Simon exception..... I need A player like this in the box to cause havoc...
Eguavoen did say he was looking at calling either him or Silas Nwankwo as a replacement for Ighalo but CAF didn't allow it.
Incredible talent.

If he turns out to be just as good at the top level (SE, ‘Top 5’ league level), who’s position in the SE would be threatened directly?
Iwobi?
Ejuke?
Chukwueze?
Iheanacho?
Aribo?

Because this kid is knocking on the door and e never even start. :clap: :clap: :clap:
He would be competing with Chukeueze. And both of them are primarily left footed playing on the right wing.

He was one of our better players at the recent U17 but he is on another level now going by his YouTube highlights. I would like to see him in n the French league next.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

My suspicion is he’ll threaten Chukwueze. Which, under Egu at least, also could cost Iwobi.
Based on very current form (which of course is temporary) and formation under Egu, we’ll play two wide players with Simon as a dead cert. The other wing is up for grabs. Because Amoo, like Iwobi, like to cut inside (unlike Samu who does that more selectively), he could probably play on either flank.

The fact of the matter is though, from a squad point of view, if you had to include him now, he’d take Onyekuru’s place. In a 23 man squad, Ejuke or Samu might be the ones to lose out.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:42 am There is no exact science but the fact is the better leagues have the better players (that’s why they are the better leagues).
The 'better' leagues have a sizeable number of CRAP players oooo!!!!!!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:50 am
waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:42 am There is no exact science but the fact is the better leagues have the better players (that’s why they are the better leagues).
True. But the fact still stands.
World champions France don’t have a bunch of players plying their trade in Saudi Arabia.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Incredible talent.

Iwobi?
Ejuke?
Chukwueze?
Iheanacho?
Aribo?

Don't forget Dennis and Lookman.

Also Ahmed "by force" Musa
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:23 am
Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm You keep promoting this fallacy, maybe when they first leave the country . Within a year, Terem Moffi, moved from Lithuania to France, Arokodare moved to Germany and France, Dennis from Ukraine to the EPL, Yusuf from Sweden to Belgium, Bonnke from Sweden to France etc. The cream will always rise to the top and the scouting network in Europe is extensive and the good players will get scouted.
Abegi, which Bonke went from Sweden to France "within a year"? :blink:

The same Innocent Bonke who left Nigeria since 2013 or 2014, and has labored in Norway and Sweden in the SEVEN+ YEARS since, until his recent free agent signing with Lorient? Or is there another one? NONE of those aforelisted players moved to a top league "within a year" (and merely for the sake of argument, we are including the substantively second-tier Belgian league), except perhaps Tolu Arokodare, but even then he has thus far only made it to the French second division (albeit after a loan pitstop at Koln), where even Sunday Mba was able to move to directly from Nigeria.

Emmanuel Dennis most certainly did not make it to the EPL from Ukraine "within a year" but after more than FIVE YEARS of ups-and-down (including a calamitous spell at Koln), and even then it took the influence of the agent Mogi Bayat, who has a relationship with Gino Pozzo and has placed several players at the Pozzos' clubs (Udinese, Watford and Granada), such as Joao Pedro and Aspirilla, largely because Watford was desperate enough to take a punt at the low-ball fee of 3m (basically the same thing that is presently happening with Samuel Kalus, who is using Mogi as his agent and moving for reportedly another low-ball 3.5m Watford deal).

Scouting is NOT (and has NEVER been) an exact science, and there is NO "extensive" scouting network in Europe that somehow meritoriously and/or objectively evaluates (and thereafter places) all players across the vast landscape of the various European leagues. It many ways it can be a veritable crap shoot with as much misses as hits, in which the influence of personal ('man-know-man') is often crucial. For instance, it was the connection of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that brought Mikel to the attention of Man Utd when Mikel was at Lyn Oslo. Similarly, it is the common ownership relationship between Brentford and FC Midtjylland that helped Frank Onyeka land in the EPL after 4 years at FCM.
Within a year was referring to Terem Moffi alone.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:32 am

Incredible talent.

Iwobi?
Ejuke?
Chukwueze?
Iheanacho?
Aribo?

Don't forget Dennis and Lookman.

Also Ahmed "by force" Musa
Forget Musa.
It’s pretty obvious to me he is on the way out.
The transition is already there for all to see, both on the pitch and off it i.e. the captaincy.

Dennis and Amoo have different player roles.
As for Lookman….hmmm.
The way things are going, he will have to show he is far superior to those already in the mix to force his way in. Right now, the jury is still out.

But let’s take a step back…..the fact that we are considering the possibility that quality players like Chukwueze, Awoniyi, Dennis, Sadiq, Balogun and even Lookman might all have to struggle to justify inclusion get in a 23 man SE squad implies the quality of players in many different positions we now have.

This is what we want ultimately. :thumb:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:07 am
World champions France don’t have a bunch of players plying their trade in Saudi Arabia.
There's a good reason why the business end of the top competitions like the Euros and the WC have teams with players plying their trade in the big leagues.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:57 am
There's a good reason why the business end of the top competitions like the Euros and the WC have teams with players plying their trade in the big leagues.
This debate is funny.
Lower league players on the biggest football stages is the exception, not the rule.
In a meritocratic system, which football ultimately is, the overwhelming majority of the best players play in the biggest clubs found in the biggest leagues and on the biggest stages. That is not due to some huge oversight by the world’s football managers. :rotf:

The Ian Wrights and Jamie Vardys of this world are the exception. Scouts go looking in obscure places to find young talents on an upward trajectory, not players that have been around for four five years on a plateau.

It is not a cost effective strategy to go looking for a peculiar product in a place you are less likely to find it.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 am
Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:57 am
This debate is funny.
Lower league players on the biggest football stages is the exception, not the rule.
In a meritocratic system, which football ultimately is, the overwhelming majority of the best players play in the biggest clubs found in the biggest leagues and on the biggest stages. That is not due to some huge oversight by the world’s football managers. :rotf:

The Ian Wrights and Jamie Vardys of this world are the exception. Scouts go looking in obscure places to find young talents on an upward trajectory, not players that have been around for four five years on a plateau.

It is not a cost effective strategy to go looking for a peculiar product in a place you are less likely to find it.
:agree:
Bros it’s mad that we even have to debate this but that’s the beauty of the internet!
Even Vardy and Wright eventually made their way to the top leagues.

Back to Amoo, for one so young, I’d like to see him move to one of the top top teams even if that limits his game time. Imagine handing around Bernardo Silva or Sadio Mane every day for a couple of years…
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I vaguely remember him from the under 17 team that bombed. He played well. Good to see him making something of himself. Plays a bit like Shaquiri but with more pace.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:09 am I vaguely remember him from the under 17 team that bombed. He played well. Good to see him making something of himself. Plays a bit like Shaquiri but with more pace.
Wasnt the star of that team some kid called ‘Desire’, or was it ‘Divine’?
How is he doing and where is he?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am
airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:09 am I vaguely remember him from the under 17 team that bombed. He played well. Good to see him making something of himself. Plays a bit like Shaquiri but with more pace.
I can only remember Amoo from that team. Just remember a short stocky guy that dribbled and dribbled. Thought I had seen the last of him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:39 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am
I can only remember Amoo from that team. Just remember a short stocky guy that dribbled and dribbled. Thought I had seen the last of him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I remember three. Amoo, the 'Desire' kid and another 'Tijani' kid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YouTube highlights. We all saw Anthony Ujah's YouTube highlights in those Scandinavian leagues
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Abbey wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:33 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 pm VE

You still have not learned as this issue pertains to our players. The league does not accurately reflect how good an African player is. The reason is because of economics. These players leave there countries seeking to play wherever they will be legitimately paid for their labor. They do not ordinarily care whether it is in Denmark, Saudi, or Germany. This is especially true for their first port of call. You need to read up about migration of these players to better understand this phenomenon.
KPOM++
Some people are so quick to dismiss uncanny talents because those talents have not been tested in the so called big leagues. A first time observer to the current AFCON tournament will be shocked to find out that the acclaimed 3rd best player in the world, Mo Salah has only scored one goal against some teams playing with mostly home-based or local players. Mo Salah plays in the so called BIG league.
We shouldn't be painting all the players with the same brush because they don't play in the big leagues. Players move all the time. The player that moves from league E to league A is the same player, with the same skill sets. The skills remain, the environment changes. So for me I look at the player's skill first before the league he's playing in.
Amoo is a very skillful player. Naturally gifted. If he moves to a bigger league tomorrow, it won't only be because of his skill it will be because his agent has found a better team willing to invest in his service.
Good point! Not every Nigerian player has a good agent or the right connections. I was shocked to hear Anthony Nwakeme does not even have an agent! Even Ekong operates without an agent.