Okocha should be very careful

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Okocha should be very careful

Post by highbury »

I am hearing that Egu is contemplating putting Iwobi as a Number 10 due to Okocha's insistence that Iwobi is a #10 not a winger. First of all, none knows Iwobi's real position. He hasn't been convincing at either role. He flopped at #10 role at Everton. The round of 16 isn't the time to be experimenting. Apart from being a skillful player with decent success in SE doesn't give him the right to dictate to the coach. What has he done as a coach? The only opportunity he had to be coach- Star Sixies was a disaster. He should support the team and let Egu and the coaching team do their job. This is irritating!!!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Okocha should be very careful

Post by Robbynice »

Where did you hear that Egu is contemplating putting Iwobi as Number 10? :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

You didn't hear nothing. :roll:
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Own goal Nigeria and a source in Cameroon
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:02 pm Where did you hear that Egu is contemplating putting Iwobi as Number 10? :???:
Mmm, hmm! Good question, please tell us where you heard such from
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Robbynice wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:02 pm Where did you hear that Egu is contemplating putting Iwobi as Number 10? :???:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

highbury wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:19 pm
Mschew….abeg abeg abeg
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

highbury wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:19 pm
Baba you don forget say some of us get sources for Cameroon. I know at least 2 guys (reputable journalists) who are on ground in Garoua
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:54 pm I am hearing that Egu is contemplating putting Iwobi as a Number 10 due to Okocha's insistence that Iwobi is a #10 not a winger. First of all, none knows Iwobi's real position. He hasn't been convincing at either role. He flopped at #10 role at Everton. The round of 16 isn't the time to be experimenting. Apart from being a skillful player with decent success in SE doesn't give him the right to dictate to the coach. What has he done as a coach? The only opportunity he had to be coach- Star Sixies was a disaster. He should support the team and let Egu and the coaching team do their job. This is irritating!!!!! B
I hope okocha is not overstepping bounds here because he of all people should understand his limits. He is not the coach. He is simply a bystander.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

First of all, unless Aribo picks up a knock in training, Eguavoen will start the same back 4 and midfield as the first 2 games of the group stages. If Iwobi starts, it will be in place of Chukwueze, whom i think has not been crisp with his passes despite the goal against Sudan. And it will be because of Iwobi's performance against Guinea Bissou and not because of some nonsensical suggestion by okocha.
Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:15 am
highbury wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:54 pm I am hearing that Egu is contemplating putting Iwobi as a Number 10 due to Okocha's insistence that Iwobi is a #10 not a winger. First of all, none knows Iwobi's real position. He hasn't been convincing at either role. He flopped at #10 role at Everton. The round of 16 isn't the time to be experimenting. Apart from being a skillful player with decent success in SE doesn't give him the right to dictate to the coach. What has he done as a coach? The only opportunity he had to be coach- Star Sixies was a disaster. He should support the team and let Egu and the coaching team do their job. This is irritating!!!!! B
I hope okocha is not overstepping bounds here because he of all people should understand his limits. He is not the coach. He is simply a bystander.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The greatest beneficiary of Iwobi starting will be Awoniyi or Sadiq, whoever plays. Iwobi and senior Man Kels think pass first before self glory.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Iwobi days as a starter for SE are done. JJ can promote his cousin all he wants but hes nit starting material for SE, might nit even make future squads once his relegation battle at Everton starts.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

If Egu allows himself to be pressured that's on him.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:15 am
I thought Okocha was part of the coaching crew?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

If Eguavoen puts whoever in any position, it’s not Okocha’s fault. He’s making a suggestion…as we all do. Na coach get final decision…It’s all on the coach
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Everton is not SE. Different teams and players, and coach, and environment.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I don't care Iwobi if Iwobi starts. If he starts, I am sure he will do a good job. My main concern is that he doesn't start because of Okocha.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:35 am Iwobi days as a starter for SE are done. JJ can promote his cousin all he wants but hes nit starting material for SE, might nit even make future squads once his relegation battle at Everton starts.
They are not cousins nor are they in the same age bracket. JJ is UNCLE to Alex Iwobi.

The point is Alex has played well enough to start, given Chukwueze's travails as someone already pointed out. However, JJ should not attempt to pressure the Manager on this issue. The Manager can and should make his own decision on this and does not need JJ to act as an overbearing influencer.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:06 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:35 am Iwobi days as a starter for SE are done. JJ can promote his cousin all he wants but hes nit starting material for SE, might nit even make future squads once his relegation battle at Everton starts.
They are not cousins nor are they in the same age bracket. JJ is UNCLE to Alex Iwobi.

The point is Alex has played well enough to start, given Chukwueze's travails as someone already pointed out. However, JJ should not attempt to pressure the Manager on this issue. The Manager can and should make his own decision on this and does not need JJ to act as an overbearing influencer.
Any evidence that JJ has put pressure on Egu to start Iwobi?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

highbury wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:27 am I don't care Iwobi if Iwobi starts. If he starts, I am sure he will do a good job. My main concern is that he doesn't start because of Okocha.
If your source is Owngoal you should know the difference between sensational headlines and reality. Besides, Eguavoen has already played Iwobi as a CAM in this tournament.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:38 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:06 am

Any evidence that JJ has put pressure on Egu to start Iwobi?
The story is about Egu 'bowing' to Okocha's desire to play Iwobi as a CAM, not about whether he starts or not. This is utter nonsense!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

:taunt: :taunt:

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

highbury wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:54 pm I am hearing that Egu is contemplating putting Iwobi as a Number 10 due to Okocha's insistence that Iwobi is a #10 not a winger. First of all, none knows Iwobi's real position. He hasn't been convincing at either role. He flopped at #10 role at Everton. The round of 16 isn't the time to be experimenting. Apart from being a skillful player with decent success in SE doesn't give him the right to dictate to the coach. What has he done as a coach? The only opportunity he had to be coach- Star Sixies was a disaster. He should support the team and let Egu and the coaching team do their job. This is irritating!!!!!
A self-ascribed expert trying to impeach Okocha’s judgement, smh. It is clear to everyone that the most brilliant #10 in the world arguably, has a much more valid opinion about Iwobi’s abilities than yours❗️

Cheers.