BREAKING!!! Jose Peseiro DUMPED, EGUAVOEN TO CONTINUE!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EagleEye
Egg
Egg
BREAKING!!! Jose Peseiro DUMPED, EGUAVOEN TO CONTINUE!!

Post by EagleEye »

For continuity sake, EGUAVOEN to be given a 2 year contract if he qualifies the SE for the World Cup in Qatar.

Understandably Peseiro is very upset at the new development and has been using his agent to pressure the NFF to make their verbal agreement a reality.

So far NFF has backtracked and have refused to play ball.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/01/ ... les-coach/
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING!!! Jose Peseiro DUMPED, EGUAVOEN TO CONTINUE!!

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lol
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Just wow, this NFF people na wa, can't trust a single thing they say. Wasn't Picnic live on TV running his mouth about done deals and what not... :bump: :bump:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Peseiro can’t be serious. You want a job where you would be meeting the team 3 days before a crucial world cup qualifier?

The NFF didn’t have any other option. It had to be either Eguavoen or Salisu. It is what it is.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Even though the source is questionable, it's logically what we all expected... Eguavoen's saving grace this time is that he has learned from his tactical mistakes (hopefully), Ghana still looks disorganized with no coach, and he will now get to choose his own team with no drama like we saw in the AFCON
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

That’s a no-brainer! Eguavoen should lead the team to the playoffs and should they qualify manage them at the World Cup. Perseiro not being in Cameroon (although I guess he probably watched the team’s games on tv), makes having him takeover before such a massive derby ridiculous and unjustifiable. Eguavoen has had 4 competitive matches with the team - that is very very crucial for preparations for the playoffs. Peseiro will be a very stupid gamble. If Peseiro wanted the job and a chance to go to the worldcup, he should have insisted on taking the team to the AFCON. He dodged it because doesn’t want any AFCON failures to be on his resume! Now I’m sure he wants the playoffs.. Win he goes to the World Cup. Lose he will say “hey you see I didn’t have time with the team. This is my first game.” Nigeria shouldn’t get played like that.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

This is the first intelligent thing Pinnik and the NFF have done since they fired Rohr.
It is the right move. Changing coaches onces again will essentially put our WC qualification round against Ghana in serious jeopardy. Peseiro would have had zero time to get to know the team and prepare for a do or die tie.

Besides, Eguavon has proven that he can get the job done, with some help of course. Now he needs the countrys full backing and support!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:51 pm Peseiro can’t be serious. You want a job where you would be meeting the team 3 days before a crucial world cup qualifier?

The NFF didn’t have any other option. It had to be either Eguavoen or Salisu. It is what it is.
Lolly

I agree with you but we have argued here that these coaches need not be in Nigeria because the players they manage are all outside the country. Have we not repeatedly made the claim here?. That the coach can just come during games when players arrive. In my view, that is absolute rubbish. The manager needs to live in Nigeria and travel to meet his players when ever. Right now if he had a place here, he should be working with the NFF to ensure that all arrangements are in order and can inspect those while contacting his players from Nigeria and going wherever to visit.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:51 pm Peseiro can’t be serious. You want a job where you would be meeting the team 3 days before a crucial world cup qualifier?

What do you mean they didn't have any other option? Aren't they the ones that planned it this way? So they get to make a sh1tty plan, realize at the last minute that oh snap its a sh1tty plan and do a 180 without any blame in the matter from you?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:09 pm

What do you mean they didn't have any other option? Aren't they the ones that planned it this way? So they get to make a sh1tty plan, realize at the last minute that oh snap its a sh1tty plan and do a 180 without any blame in the matter from you?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:09 pm

Lolly

I agree with you but we have argued here that these coaches need not be in Nigeria because the players they manage are all outside the country. Have we not repeatedly made the claim here?. That the coach can just come during games when players arrive. In my view, that is absolute rubbish. The manager needs to live in Nigeria and travel to meet his players when ever. Right now if he had a place here, he should be working with the NFF to ensure that all arrangements are in order and can inspect those while contacting his players from Nigeria and going wherever to visit.
First off, does Peseiro actually have a contract with the NFF or just a verbal agreement? Second, if he does shouldn't it be stated in his contract where he should reside and his residence details hashed out in the contract? If he doesn't why should he be in Nigeria working with the NFF who haven't employed him? Is there something I'm missing or some scenario where this isn't an absolute sh1t show from the NFF? First they claimed they have a contract with him when clearly they don't, they also claimed the plan is for him to be in Cameroon to be around observing the team and scouting opposition, which clearly he wasn't, and then take over after the AFCON to handle the WCQ which according to this is not gonna happen. These were all things that came out of Picnics mouth on live TV, so how do they suddenly get absolution from either completely lying or completely bungling up their plans or both????
Super Eagus 4 Life!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:04 pm Even though the source is questionable, it's logically what we all expected... Eguavoen's saving grace this time is that he has learned from his tactical mistakes (hopefully), Ghana still looks disorganized with no coach, and he will now get to choose his own team with no drama like we saw in the AFCON
Good luck with the highlighted.
Until we get serious, we will continue to be referred to as having talent but
no leadership. Unfortunately we are saddled with a federation that flip-flops
on everything and continually non transparent. With that we will continue to
get what we deserve - an ineffective team.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

If this is true, How do you people expect to attract any half decent coach to Nigeria if you continue to bungle appointments like this? First Saintfiet, now Peseiro? :rotf: :rotf:

Nigeria we hail thee...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

On BBC the situation is reported as been fluid with Peseiro still very much in the picture.

https://africa.espn.com/football/africa ... ck-peseiro
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:14 pm

Lolly

First off, does Peseiro actually have a contract with the NFF or just a verbal agreement? Second, if he does shouldn't it be stated in his contract where he should reside and his residence details hashed out in the contract? If he doesn't why should he be in Nigeria working with the NFF who haven't employed him? Is there something I'm missing or some scenario where this isn't an absolute sh1t show from the NFF? First they claimed they have a contract with him when clearly they don't, they also claimed the plan is for him to be in Cameroon to be around observing the team and scouting opposition, which clearly he wasn't, and then take over after the AFCON to handle the WCQ which according to this is not gonna happen. These were all things that came out of Picnics mouth on live TV, so how do they suddenly get absolution from either completely lying or completely bungling up their plans or both????

That is the first intelligent post anyone has made here.

The Amaju Pinnck rhapsody continues...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Great idea. I like what I saw in Eguavoen. The key thing I noticed is that the players actually respond to his instruction ...

...except Awoniyi who refused to drop back against Tunisia .. :taunt: :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I disagree.

It's actually mumbo jumbo! Which puts yours in doubt ....
txj wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:29 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:14 pm

Lolly

That is the first intelligent post anyone has made here.

The Amaju Pinnck rhapsody continues...
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:23 pm If this is true, How do you people expect to attract any half decent coach to Nigeria if you continue to bungle appointments like this? First Saintfiet, now Peseiro? :rotf: :rotf:

Nigeria we hail thee...
So Eguavoen is not decent? Oga, as long as they haven't signed a contract with Peseiro, it's all good.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We will just beg the next coach for forgiveness like they do in Nigerian movies.
metalalloy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:23 pm If this is true, How do you people expect to attract any half decent coach to Nigeria if you continue to bungle appointments like this? First Saintfiet, now Peseiro? :rotf: :rotf:

Nigeria we hail thee...
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Honestly this is the worst administration Nigerian football has ever had and Pinnick should seriously be called out fast before this man completely finishes our football...was it not this same Pinnick clown that was running his mouth with that his ridiculous looking goatee on how Peseiro had already signed the contract with all payments he was due for already covered by sponsors blah blah blah, he said all of this on AriseTV when he was interviewed... Now we're finding out the Peseiro hasn't even signed any contract yet! why does Pinnick lie too much? very dubious and unreliable character smh.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Lolly

The importance of the 2-legged World Cup qualifier is what really makes it a stupid idea to have Peseiro take over with very little time with his players. He should have been in Cameroon working with Eguavoen, not “observing” from the stands. Even top managers would not have any significant impact not to talk of a poor coach like him with only 2 days of working with a national team.

Amaju is trying to be cute. He doesn’t want to spend money but he wants a foreign coach on the cheap that he can sell to his sponsors.

Let Eguavoen take over. We have no other choice. At least he has spent a few weeks working with the players and 4 competitive matches under his belt. Though I am not excited and not confident that he will get the required result against Ghana. I just know he will fumble it by starting with the wrong players.
Last edited by Lolly on Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:07 pm Honestly this is the worst administration Nigerian football has ever had and Pinnick should seriously be called out fast before this man completely finishes our football...was it not this same Pinnick clown that was running his mouth with that his ridiculous looking goatee on how Peseiro had already signed the contract with all payments he was due for already covered by sponsors blah blah blah, he said all of this on AriseTV when he was interviewed... Now we're finding out the Peseiro hasn't even signed any contract yet! why does Pinnick lie too much? very dubious and unreliable character smh.
Maybe he signed a pre contract :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”