WE ARE LUCKY WE DID NOT DRAW EGYPT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
WE ARE LUCKY WE DID NOT DRAW EGYPT

Post by vancity eagle »

Even though we beat them easily, they were the one team I really did not want to draw for the WC playoffs.

They would have been motivated to avenge their loss.

But it seems this team has really improved, taking out a very good CIV and now looking to do the same to Morocco.

Does anybody really believe a tactically poor Eguavoen would be able to beat this new Egypt ?

I highly doubt it.

I expect this side to easily qualify for the World Cup, finally exposing that clown of a coach Cisse and putting the final nail in his coffin. He would have wasted a 2nd golden generation of Senegal.

Man I am glad we are not going to play Egypt. :thumbs:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WE ARE LUCKY WE DID NOT DRAW EGYPT

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:17 pm Even though we beat them easily, they were the one team I really did not want to draw for the WC playoffs.

They would have been motivated to avenge their loss.

But it seems this team has really improved, taking out a very good CIV and now looking to do the same to Morocco.

Does anybody really believe a tactically poor Eguavoen would be able to beat this new Egypt ?

I highly doubt it.

I expect this side to easily qualify for the World Cup, finally exposing that clown of a coach Cisse and putting the final nail in his coffin. He would have wasted a 2nd golden generation of Senegal.

Man I am glad we are not going to play Egypt. :thumbs:
New Egypt indeed.

At least Eguavoen beat the OLD Egypt and has a 75% WIN record at the AFCON in less than a month on the job :thumbs:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If you do not see the difference between Egypt in the first round, where they even struggled against Sudan and Guinea Bissau, with the team we are watching today, then you are intentionally being dishonest.

No way will Egu beat this team.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

This is a funny thread. Eguavoen beat this same Egypt already. There is nothing new about them.

I think what you should actually take from this is that one defeat doesn't define a team.

Egypt weren't a bad team because the lost to Nigeria. It was ONE match
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is a very dafr thread.. were Egypt going to be drawn vs the SE? I thought we were seeded
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

new Egypt? when did they become new?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:35 pm this is a very dafr thread.. were Egypt going to be drawn vs the SE? I thought we were seeded
Egypt was not seeded. Drawing them was a possibility I am very happy we avoided.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:36 pm new Egypt? when did they become new?
same time Nigeria became "new" and piss poor all of a sudden.

They have grown as a team after a tough first round.

we have regressed. One trick pony.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

VE I won't lie you have an uncanny proclivity for reeling out bizarre logic, you have a very poor understanding of the game.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:43 pm
King Futcha wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:36 pm new Egypt? when did they become new?
same time Nigeria became "new" and piss poor all of a sudden.

They have grown as a team after a tough first round.

we have regressed. One trick pony.
when though? today? they drew 0-0 against CIV
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:35 pm this is a very dafr thread.. were Egypt going to be drawn vs the SE? I thought we were seeded
Very daft indeed. Look at how he is just jumping from one thought to a different thought as if his brain was dropped on hot coal.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Don't you know some natives also believe no way the pyramids were built by Africans...

So losing to Naijaria must have been by the old Egypt, not the new Egypt.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I would rather face Egypt than Cameroon.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

The fact that Eguavoen’s team thoroughly outplayed this Egyptian side says a lot. It wasn’t by luck. Since they played Nigeria, Egypt have not faced a side that attacked them with serious pace and pressed them all over the pitch. Ivory Coast allowed them too much time on the ball (even Guinea Bissau did a better job). Morocco went to sleep after their early lead. It’s a shame Nigeria went home so early. That Nigeria team is a Semifinal team at worst.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Egypt lost to Nigeria with a tactically poor performance, and everyone declared them dead. They’ve shown otherwise.

But folks don’t learn.

Nigeria lost to Tunisia with a tactically poor performance and suddenly we’re dead too.

Fickle, emotion, unstable fans. I guess it was ever so. Until the next match.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

VE you talk as if we started watching Egypt yesterday. As folks pointed out their WC route has been really shaky. They’ve struggled against teams like Angola and Gabon.

It’s not as if they’ve set this tourney alight either. They were probably lucky to get past a Kessie-less CIV. Let’s see how thus tourney pans out before you embark on your shrining campaign
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Once they shifted from round 1 to semi-finals, the transformation was complete: they became new.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

This thread just shows that some herein do not appreciate the subjectivity of sports.
Football is not a definite endeavor, as different situations can create different results.
Consistency is what defines better teams, but that does not mean they can be on top
on every occasion either.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Yeah we were seeded and the seeding makes it likely we could have been paired against Egypt. Isn't it so?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:42 pm
Egypt was not seeded. Drawing them was a possibility I am very happy we avoided.
Exactly!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:49 am
Exactly!
In my view, nothing changes if Nigeria drew Egypt. Do you think it will be easy against Ghana? I think not. The good thing is that the seeding gives us an advantage of playing the second leg at home. However, Rohr has destroyed our home mystic. Maybe we can begin to rebuild it. 😆 🤣
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:55 pm
Exactly!
In my view, nothing changes if Nigeria drew Egypt. Do you think it will be easy against Ghana? I think not. The good thing is that the seeding gives us an advantage of playing the second leg at home. However, Rohr has destroyed our home mystic. Maybe we can begin to rebuild it. 😆 🤣
Certainly, the games are not going to be easy with any team (pairing match-up). But as stated, one thing in our favor - if at all - is we will be playing the second leg at home.

However, such could also backfire on us if there is 'away goals' rule. Say we play zero-zero in Ghana, but come back to Nigeria and play 1-1. In such scenario, we will be eliminated which is scary as well.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:36 pm
Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:55 pm
Exactly!
Certainly, the games are not going to be easy with any team (pairing match-up). But as stated, one thing in our favor - if at all - is we will be playing the second leg at home.

However, such could also backfire on us if there is 'away goals' rule. Say we play zero-zero in Ghana, but come back to Nigeria and play 1-1. In such scenario, we will be eliminated which is scary as well.
We must score in Ghana