Peseiro is decent

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Peseiro is decent

Post by Tobi17 »

His team can create numerous chances, Osimhen will thrive in his system
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peseiro is decent

Post by vancity eagle »

I like what I saw so far.

Now let him call his own players and not have these junks forced on him.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Uzoho played well BTW and so did Troost.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

No. He's not decent. He's a Top quality modern coach with modern man management and football tactics. You don't have to coach at Bayern or Barca to know your stuff. This guy knows his game and his players. Coach Pesse is going to be the most important aspect of the team going forward.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:25 am No. He's not decent. He's a Top quality modern coach with modern man management and football tactics. You don't have to coach at Bayern or Barca to know your stuff. This guy knows his game and his players. Coach Pesse is going to be the most important aspect of the team going forward.
We pray so o.
What shoice haff wi?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The lack of goals is very concerning the Lone Star will park the bus therefore taking advantage during set plays is so important.

The slow start is also a concern, Mexico scored inside 12 minutes while Ecuador scored in the 9 minute.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

When we were getting results and qualifying for competitions people were b*tching and whining that they wanted more.

Now, we can't win a game to save our lives. Five games without a win, and people are desperately looking for positive angles. :rotf: :rotf:

That is what you call being humbled.

They have been humbled after regressing back to DNQ, and worst of all, getting b*tched by Ghana. :rotf:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Certainly better than anything we’ve had in the last 10 years. You can see a team. Playing 2 top level friendlies with a weak squad yet creating loads of chances with Ecuador on the ropes for 70 minutes is no joke. He didn’t even select the players that came for these friendlies. Anyone that didn’t see a significant improvement is purely biased. He is right for this team. They will wallop African teams.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Rohr’s first two years as coach was very impressive. We went so many games without losing.

On another note, we need Ndidi back badly. We don’t win without him.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Orion wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:54 am When we were getting results and qualifying for competitions people were b*tching and whining that they wanted more.

Now, we can't win a game to save our lives. Five games without a win, and people are desperately looking for positive angles. :rotf: :rotf:

They have been humbled after regressing back to DNQ, and worst of all, getting b*tched by Ghana. :rotf:
So you think 2 solid worldcup bound teams would let you come beat them at their backyard with your depleted squad? Common now. I wouldn’t count these matches. Let Peseiro call up his own players and lose then you can judge.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goalgetter wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:12 am Certainly better than anything we’ve had in the last 10 years. You can see a team. Playing 2 top level friendlies with a weak squad yet creating loads of chances with Ecuador on the ropes for 70 minutes is no joke. He didn’t even select the players that came for these friendlies. Anyone that didn’t see a significant improvement is purely biased. He is right for this team. They will wallop African teams.
But things like this have traditionally been called “moral victories” on CE.
Yes, we ultimately want sustained success but the way we do our thing in Nigeria, we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.
This would all have been absolutely great if we didn’t have the ignominy of ‘DOUBLE DNQ’ hanging around our necks.

It’s hard to keep hanging onto hope and platitudes like ‘work in progress’ and ‘significant improvement’ only for everything to be brought crashing down the typical Nigerian way.
You can’t say you haven’t seen all this countless times before unless you were born yesterday.

And this is me the eternal optimist.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Synopsis wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:16 am Rohr’s first two years as coach was very impressive. We went so many games without losing.

Yeap losing to SA in Uyo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goalgetter wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:21 am
Orion wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:54 am When we were getting results and qualifying for competitions people were b*tching and whining that they wanted more.

So you think 2 solid worldcup bound teams would let you come beat them at their backyard with your depleted squad? Common now. I wouldn’t count these matches. Let Peseiro call up his own players and lose then you can judge.
I think we lost the opportunity to go toe-to-toe with these two ‘solid WC teams’ as a solid WC-bound team in our own right if we hadn’t gone ahead to do something typically Nigerian and typically stupid - sack a coach right at the crucial moment.
I’m not sure how many times we have to keep doing the same thing with the same outcome before we get it.

Wouldn’t these games have been so sweet if we had our full squad all fighting for places in Qatar in November with a new coach who has had a little time to get to really know his players.
Now we are making do with comforting words like ‘significant improvement’.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:31 am

I think we lost the opportunity to go toe-to-toe with these two ‘solid WC teams’ as a solid WC-bound team in our own right if we hadn’t gone ahead to do something typically Nigerian and typically stupid - sack a coach right at the crucial moment.
I’m not sure how many times we have to keep doing the same thing with the same outcome before we get it.

Wouldn’t these games have been so sweet if we had our full squad all fighting for places in Qatar in November with a new coach who has had a little time to get to really know his players.
Well Rhor’s team stood no chance against these 2 teams we played - worldcup bound or not. And based on Rhor’s most recent results, no way we are beating Ghana to the worldcup ticket. Forget it. Being purely objective here. The team was on a downward spiral. He lost it - was begging Ighalo to comeback when we had one of the hottest strikers in Europe - Osimhen on his team. Wasn’t creating enough chances to win games.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goalgetter wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:59 am

Well Rhor’s team stood no chance against these 2 teams we played - worldcup bound or not. And based on Rhor’s most recent results, no way we are beating Ghana to the worldcup ticket. Forget it. Being purely objective here. The team was on a downward spiral. He lost it - was begging Ighalo to comeback when we had one of the hottest strikers in Europe - Osimhen on his team. Wasn’t creating enough chances to win games.
Now we will never know - but it couldn’t be worse than where we are now, could it?
Be honest.
Disaster was predictable and was predicted. Your position on Ghana knocking us out is pure conjecture -and may I add, a self-serving argument. But moving on….

My actual point is about Peseiro being in charge with our full compliment of players preparing for Qatar. We are supposed to be feeling really good about our team right now and why not?
We have the players, a new coach…what’s the one key missing ingredient?
Something to play for.
That’s why half the players are “off sick”, a full stadium with no visible green and CE operating at a low level of activity pretending as if DNQ is no big deal.

God dey. :D
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

5 games without a win .
Who's fault ?
Coach Peserio ?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:30 am
Synopsis wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:16 am Rohr’s first two years as coach was very impressive. We went so many games without losing.

Yeap losing to SA in Uyo
I recall we had a weakened team in that match.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

If we disregard the goal...who do you think would be the more satisfied coach? I think Ecuador gave us a lot more trouble than they had any right to...

The game was never out of Ecuador's control...Credit to Peseiro for his halftime changes, but they should have come sooner

Nothing against Peseiro, but can Nigeria not find a young coach somewhere? Have we become a retirement home?
Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:22 am
Goalgetter wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:12 am Certainly better than anything we’ve had in the last 10 years. You can see a team. Playing 2 top level friendlies with a weak squad yet creating loads of chances with Ecuador on the ropes for 70 minutes is no joke. He didn’t even select the players that came for these friendlies. Anyone that didn’t see a significant improvement is purely biased. He is right for this team. They will wallop African teams.
But things like this have traditionally been called “moral victories” on CE.
Yes, we ultimately want sustained success but the way we do our thing in Nigeria, we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.
This would all have been absolutely great if we didn’t have the ignominy of ‘DOUBLE DNQ’ hanging around our necks.

It’s hard to keep hanging onto hope and platitudes like ‘work in progress’ and ‘significant improvement’ only for everything to be brought crashing down the typical Nigerian way.
You can’t say you haven’t seen all this countless times before unless you were born yesterday.

And this is me the eternal optimist.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk

Rohr stayed longer than any manager before him and the trigger was pulled at the right time. We were going no where with him. I have ABSOLUTELY no regrets about Nigeria letting him go. Nigeria will not get anywhere being risk averse. If Peseiro does not pan out, he will be let go as well. We move.

Let's stop demonstrating a long-lasting breakup Rohr syndrome.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

:lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

A new regime...

I have an open mind.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The problem wasn't firing Rohr.

The problem was not hiring Peseiro right after and using a caretaker PE teacher to prosecute AFCON and WCQ.

Imagine you talk of hiring a new coach, yet for some strange reason you want him to watch instead of coach the afcon.

Dumb dumb dumb.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:25 am No. He's not decent. He's a Top quality modern coach with modern man management and football tactics. You don't have to coach at Bayern or Barca to know your stuff. This guy knows his game and his players. Coach Pesse is going to be the most important aspect of the team going forward.

There's not enough data to reach the above conclusion...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp