All the goals we conceded that sealed our fate

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
All the goals we conceded that sealed our fate

Post by Tobi17 »

All came from outside of our 18 yard box, basically all goals came from 40 yards out

Tunisia against us in AFCON after failing to create any single goal scoring opportunities all game

Ghana against us in Abuja from a Partey shot, Uzoho didn't make any significant save before or after that goal.

And now Atal against us today... I believe other teams are now watching and learning how to beat Nigeria easily, just practice long shots and take your chances from 40 or more yards against two absolutely brainless Nigerian Goalkeepers, out of maybe 5 attempts...one must surely shake the net. We seem to be creating a record here fellas.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: All the goals we conceded that sealed our fate

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I blame Maceo and his nephew Uzoho for DNQ, Afcon exit and the loss v Algeria today. Infact, Maceo and his nephew have sent us back to the 80s when we were struggling to win anything. Thanks for nothing Maceo. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:43 am I blame Maceo and his nephew Uzoho for DNQ, Afcon exit and the loss v Algeria today. Infact, Maceo and his nephew have sent us back to the 80s when we were struggling to win anything. Thanks for nothing Maceo. :roll:
You are welcome! :thumbs:

You this goat :taunt: :twisted:

Your own nephew dey fokop against local CHAN players you dey hia dey yarn with no shame…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:54 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:43 am I blame Maceo and his nephew Uzoho for DNQ, Afcon exit and the loss v Algeria today. Infact, Maceo and his nephew have sent us back to the 80s when we were struggling to win anything. Thanks for nothing Maceo. :roll:

Your own nephew dey fokop against local CHAN players you dey hia dey yarn with no shame…
:D
Who Okoye ?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ANC wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:27 am

Who Okoye ?
Who else…imagine the nerve of Emir who was still pushing Okoye on us even after school boy mistakes vs CHAN players, imagine what Mahrez and co would do to him…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:41 am

Who Okoye ?
Who else…imagine the nerve of Emir who was still pushing Okoye on us even after school boy mistakes vs CHAN players, imagine what Mahrez and co would do to him…
Look at this disgrace. This is why we’re not going to the WC
[media] [/media]

Then see class goalkeeping
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:09 am

Who Okoye ?
[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]
So you couldn’t post Okoyes mistakes too? Abi na wetin?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:18 am

Who Okoye ?
[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

What mistakes? Abeg go sleep jare. Okoye is No 1 all day all year.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Who Okoye ?
Aaah, why you dey do like dis, naw? Maceo4 no call any name-oo
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:45 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:18 am

Who Okoye ?
[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

What mistakes? Abeg go sleep jare. Okoye is No 1 all day all year.
You want make I sleep like your nephew dey do for inside post? Neva!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:33 am All came from outside of our 18 yard box, basically all goals came from 40 yards out

Tunisia against us in AFCON after failing to create any single goal scoring opportunities all game

Ghana against us in Abuja from a Partey shot, Uzoho didn't make any significant save before or after that goal.

And now Atal against us today... I believe other teams are now watching and learning how to beat Nigeria easily, just practice long shots and take your chances from 40 or more yards against two absolutely brainless Nigerian Goalkeepers, out of maybe 5 attempts...one must surely shake the net. We seem to be creating a record here fellas.
remember Zambo Anguissa started it with that long shot he scored against Okoye in that friendly a few years back..

Even more the reason we need THREE central midfielers. Are our coaches really this dumb ? Egu is still the technical advisor is he not ?

Why will this 442 and no midfielders thing never go away ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kai that Uzoho howler against Ghana is the worst of them all. It never gets old how he couldn't stop a shot RIGHT AT HIM.

Maybe its best we didn't qualify with these jokers in goal. We would chop serious cane.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

honestly Peseiro must make it his main mission to find new keepers. The guy should be scouring the local leagues and come up with a list of the top 3 homebased keepers.

Then he needs to go to europe and find any keeper with any ounce of Nigerian blood and get him to play for us.

Chei it is that bad, this is a national emergencey.

PESEIRO MUST MAKE THIS HIS NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:27 am honestly Peseiro must make it his main mission to find new keepers. The guy should be scouring the local leagues and come up with a list of the top 3 homebased keepers.

Then he needs to go to europe and find any keeper with any ounce of Nigerian blood and get him to play for us.

Our goal keeping situation is a national crisis now, for the midfield the likes of Amoo, Ejaria, Yusuf and at least one or 2 names need to be added to the core of Iwobi, Ndidi and Aribo
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:33 am All came from outside of our 18 yard box, basically all goals came from 40 yards out

We play with two Midfielders so our opponents have all the time in the world to pick their angle and shoot from 40 yards. I wonder if the technical team even analyse matches, the logical thing would have been to crowd the midfield.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I don't believe Uzoho and Okoye are the best keepers we can find.

There is bias (and fear) going on here. IMO, the general feeling is that the keepers in foreign clubs have better day-to-day training in a more professional setting than the keepers in the NPFL. So the keepers from the NPFL are seen as a risk for SE games. The problem for us is that our most talented keepers are not necessarily those who find clubs abroad. There is some luck involved here as we're not renowned for exporting keeper talent to Europe.

What the NFF needs to do now is to find the best local keepers with better reflexes and shot-stopping abilities than our current keepers. Then they should hire a professional goalkeeper trainer (not just an ex-SE player) to bring them up to international standards regarding better positional awareness and all the things that good training can change.

Uzoho and Okoye are backup keepers at best. I believe Rohr made a mistake in 2018 by not investing more time and effort in working with Ezenwa instead of jettisoning him for Uzoho.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:30 am I don't believe Uzoho and Okoye are the best keepers we can find.

There is bias (and fear) going on here. IMO, the general feeling is that the keepers in foreign clubs have better day-to-day training in a more professional setting than the keepers in the NPFL. So the keepers from the NPFL are seen as a risk for SE games. The problem for us is that our most talented keepers are not necessarily those who find clubs abroad. There is some luck involved here as we're not renowned for exporting keeper talent to Europe.

What the NFF needs to do now is to find the best local keepers with better reflexes and shot-stopping abilities than our current keepers. Then they should hire a professional goalkeeper trainer (not just an ex-SE player) to bring them up to international standards regarding better positional awareness and all the things that good training can change.

Uzoho and Okoye are backup keepers at best. I believe Rohr made a mistake in 2018 by not investing more time and effort in working with Ezenwa instead of jettisoning him for Uzoho.
Why are the local clubs not scouting and finding the best goalkeepers for themselves?
If the 60 or so clubs with their scouts are not able to find half a dozen SE-worthy goalkeepers between them, how in practical terms does anyone expect Peseiro and ‘the NFF’ to find one?
Again, to use what is now a CE classic, “why are these really talented keepers hiding under bridges and in the bushes”?

Where exactly are they now supposed to start looking for these elusive keepers that the numerous clubs have not looked already? I really don’t get it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:42 am
Orion wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:30 am I don't believe Uzoho and Okoye are the best keepers we can find.

Why are the local clubs not scouting and finding the best goalkeepers for themselves?
If the 60 or so clubs with their scouts are not able to find half a dozen SE-worthy goalkeepers between them, how in practical terms does anyone expect Peseiro and ‘the NFF’ to find one?
Again, to use what is now a CE classic, “why are these really talented keepers hiding under bridges and in the bushes”?

I really don’t get it.
What didn't you get about my post? I said from the NPFL. There are 20 teams in the NPFL, not 60.

Get the best keepers in the NPFL and get them up to speed for international football with a good goalkeeper trainer (preferably a qualified one), and you'll get a keeper better than the two guys we're using now.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:27 am honestly Peseiro must make it his main mission to find new keepers. The guy should be scouring the local leagues and come up with a list of the top 3 homebased keepers.

This doesn’t make sense because they are doing that already.
That’s how Ikeme, Osigwe and Okoye came into the picture.

As for the home-based keepers, when someone can answer my question posed to Orion above, I will understand better.
But anyone expecting Peseiro to start scouting every nook and cranny of Nigeria for a NATIONAL keeper is deluded.
WTF are the clubs doing if their own scouts don’t know how to find local talent for their own needs?

Or are we saying they too (the clubs) are clueless themselves?
That’s a whole new can of worms and doesn’t serve the ‘local content’ argument in any way.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:52 am

I really don’t get it.
What didn't you get about my post? I said from the NPFL. There are 20 teams in the NPFL, not 60.

Get the best keepers in the NPFL and get them up to speed for international football with a good goalkeeper trainer (preferably a qualified one), and you'll get a keeper better than the two guys we're using now.
I’m obviously extending the search beyond the NPFL -even to the lower leagues, since the top keepers invited from the NPFL have not been good enough.
The default excuse is always that ‘they are not the best in the local league’.
That’s fantalk - they always know better.
You’ve even seen the arguments here on CE, be it about Noble, Afelokhai, Thomas, Ezenwa… there is NEVER any agreement. There’s always “someone else”, someone nameless. :rotf:

One would think that if there were these truly outstanding keepers in the NPFL, they’d be known and named and nobody would argue. That they are being ‘ignored’ by successive coaches is ludicrous. That even the local coaches can’t find them even more so.

That’s what my point is and it seems you missed it. I’m not criticizing you, just raising a counter point.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:09 am
Orion wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:52 am

I really don’t get it.

I’m obviously extending the search beyond the NPFL -even to the lower leagues, since the top keepers invited from the NPFL have not been good enough.
The default excuse is always that ‘they are not the best in the local league’.
That’s fantalk - they always know better.
You’ve even seen the arguments here on CE, be it about Noble, Afelokhai, Thomas, Ezenwa… there is NEVER any agreement. There’s always “someone else”, someone nameless. :rotf:

One would think that if there were these truly outstanding keepers in the NPFL, they’d be known and named and nobody would argue. That they are being ‘ignored’ is ludicrous. That the coaches can’t find them even more so.

That’s what my point is and it seems you missed it. I’m not criticizing you, just raising a counter point.
Well, I didn't make those arguments. So you're arguing against the wrong person. :D

BTW, I believe most of those arguments are based on the bias/fear I mentioned in my first post. Many names have been mentioned, but folks just don't want to take the risk on them.

I shared my opinion on what I think the coach and NFF should do to find a better keeper than the guys we're currently using.

Restrict the search to NPFL teams. The best keepers in Nigeria should be in the top league playing against the best opposition. Moving abroad involves more luck/opportunity than moving to a different club in Nigeria. So, I expect our best keepers to be in the NPFL. Those who are not there yet would be too inexperienced or raw to be good enough for the SE.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Where exactly are they now supposed to start looking for these elusive keepers that the numerous clubs have not looked already? I really don’t get it.
I don't understand, it is easy to get the best goal keeper in our league. For crying out loud, our first choice keeper is a bench warmer in Cyprus! Let that sink in first!...We need a keeper that plays week in week out! That's the way you keep your reflexes in form. Also as pointed out, we should get a real Keeper trainer and not one who has zero qualifications and has not worked in his field for over a decade. Seriously, what were we expecting??
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

From my observations it seems Peserio has settled for Uzoho as his number 1. Unless somebody pops up in the next 6 months or so, that will still be the case. I also expect Uzoho (bearing injury) to start against Portugal in November. However, the search should be on seriously. I liked what I saw of Bankole (Remo Stars GK) against ASFAR in the Caf CC. I would have looked in his direction. On the other hand, Uzoho & Okoye have to start getting minutes asap. Uzoho clearly saw the shot late yesterday which showed that he was switched off at that moment which could be due to match rustiness. I guess we have to live with this for now. Fortunately there will be no major tournament till Jan 2024.