Crystal Palace First Team Goalkeeper Sends Message To Peseiro On Super Eagles Chance

Synopsis
Crystal Palace First Team Goalkeeper Sends Message To Peseiro On Super Eagles Chance

Post by Synopsis »

The goalkeepers department of the senior national team of Nigeria is one that requires immediate attention with the top two at the moment not inspiring confidence.

For now Francis Uzoho is the choice with Maduka Okoye firmly established as his deputy, the third choice appears to be Adebayo Adeleye of Israel side Hapoel Katamon but all there haven't quite convinced yet.

According to the goalkeeper's coach of the team Ike Shorunmu, the technical crew are still looking for more options between the sticks to bring more competitions to the trio they have at the moment, and from the look of things Crystal Palace goalkeeper Owen Goodman is interested in the role.

Eligible for Nigeria, Canada and also
England, the 19 year old is publicly showing his interest in playing for Nigeria. He has played for only Canada at U20 level but his heart is with the Super Eagles.

In the heat of the World Cup and with Canada taking part, his mother posted her son's picture in the Super Eagles new jersey with the caption "Super Eagles Soon" Already we gathered talks have been advanced in that regards.

Some of his representatives have already held talks with the new NFF president
Ibrahim Musa Gusau who has passed the goalkeeper's name to coach of the senior national team Jose Peseiro for further
scouting and a possible call up.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/12/ ... es-chance/
Re: Crystal Palace First Team Goalkeeper Sends Message To Peseiro On Super Eagles Chance

The more the merrier
Re: Crystal Palace First Team Goalkeeper Sends Message To Peseiro On Super Eagles Chance

Palace becoming the first Epl club to an all black players since Arsenal in the 2000s lol.

Welcome to the Nigerian football family young man. with alacrity, report to the u20 camp . We will pay your flight ticket and bonus as funds become available.

Seems we have learnt nothing from fast tracking young and 'inexperienced' (number of professional games played) GKs to the SE.

fabio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:11 am Seems we have learnt nothing from fast tracking young and 'inexperienced' (number of professional games played) GKs to the SE.
Ol boy you don't want to find solutions to the two baskets we currently have? Let them try him abeg. It will take a while for me to even look at Uzoho's face without getting annoyed.

Good development, at least hope still dey.

Should look at that Arsenal keeper too.

airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:43 am
fabio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:11 am Seems we have learnt nothing from fast tracking young and 'inexperienced' (number of professional games played) GKs to the SE.
Ol boy you don't want to find solutions to the two baskets we currently have? Let them try him abeg. It will take a while for me to even look at Uzoho's face without getting annoyed.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

And this is the same logic that put us in our current predicament :roll: . Have you even watched him play or is it because he's at Crystal Palace? Someone that hasn't made a senior appearance at club level should be nowhere near a senior national team!

Lolly wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:29 pm

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:45 pm
And this is the same logic that put us in our current predicament :roll: . Have you even watched him play or is it because he's at Crystal Palace? Someone that hasn't made a senior appearance at club level should be nowhere near a senior national team!
You are right but if we wait for him to become a superstar then he might decide he wants to play for Canada or England. I think we have to get the timing right. If he’s in the reserve team or academy, you wait, but if he’s promoted as a backup at the premier league level or starting week in and week out at the championship then you get him. I’m not a fan of capping young players and dumping them afterwards. With that said, I’m ok if we go after Aurthur Okonkwo. Uzoho and Okoye are beans.

packerland wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:53 pm
You are right but if we wait for him to become a superstar then he might decide he wants to play for Canada or England. I think we have to get the timing right. If he’s in the reserve team or academy, you wait, but if he’s promoted as a backup at the premier league level or starting week in and week out at the championship then you get him. I’m not a fan of capping young players and dumping them afterwards. With that said, I’m ok if we go after Aurthur Okonkwo. Uzoho and Okoye are beans.
And how are you so sure he'll become this superstar? This was the same excuse used to justify calling up an Okoye not too long ago who way off the German YouthNT radars. We have our U20's and U23's where we can actually assess if he's even amongst our best in his age category there before jumping the gun

We are discussing football development and not MILF hunting :laugh:

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:18 pm
And how are you so sure he'll become this superstar? This was the same excuse used to justify calling up an Okoye not too long ago who way off the German YouthNT radars. We have our U20's and U23's where we can actually assess if he's even amongst our best in his age category there before jumping the gun

I agree with you. However, this guy is far advanced compared to where Okoye was when he was first called up by Nigeria. Just noting. Okoye was playing semi pro but because he was in Europe he became God-like.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

Enugu II wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:46 pm

I agree with you. However, this guy is far advanced compared to where Okoye was when he was first called up by Nigeria. Just noting. Okoye was playing semi pro but because he was in Europe he became God-like.
Not exactly semi-pro, Okoye was playing in the German 4th division for Dusseldorf's B team which is far tougher level than playing in Premier League 2 for Palace's U21 team

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:28 am The more the merrier
How good is he, please?

fabio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:11 am Seems we have learnt nothing from fast tracking young and 'inexperienced' (number of professional games played) GKs to the SE
Ol boy you don't want to find solutions to the two baskets we currently have? Let them try him abeg. It will take a while for me to even look at Uzoho's face without getting annoyed
Hmm, oh yeah? I wonder why looking at Uzoho's face annoy you. Could you please say why?

fabio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:21 pm
We are discussing football development and not MILF hunting :laugh:

I don’t know. What I’m saying is that we have to get the timing right. He can be drafted in the u-20/u-23 but our handlers have to know when to cap him. For every Okoye that flamed out you have the Alaba’s that shone. Don’t forget that Alaba was begging to play for us at one point when he was not well known.