Crystal Palace First Team Goalkeeper Sends Message To Peseiro On Super Eagles Chance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Crystal Palace First Team Goalkeeper Sends Message To Peseiro On Super Eagles Chance

Post by Synopsis »

The goalkeepers department of the senior national team of Nigeria is one that requires immediate attention with the top two at the moment not inspiring confidence.

For now Francis Uzoho is the choice with Maduka Okoye firmly established as his deputy, the third choice appears to be Adebayo Adeleye of Israel side Hapoel Katamon but all there haven't quite convinced yet.

According to the goalkeeper's coach of the team Ike Shorunmu, the technical crew are still looking for more options between the sticks to bring more competitions to the trio they have at the moment, and from the look of things Crystal Palace goalkeeper Owen Goodman is interested in the role.

Eligible for Nigeria, Canada and also
England, the 19 year old is publicly showing his interest in playing for Nigeria. He has played for only Canada at U20 level but his heart is with the Super Eagles.

In the heat of the World Cup and with Canada taking part, his mother posted her son's picture in the Super Eagles new jersey with the caption "Super Eagles Soon" Already we gathered talks have been advanced in that regards.

Some of his representatives have already held talks with the new NFF president
Ibrahim Musa Gusau who has passed the goalkeeper's name to coach of the senior national team Jose Peseiro for further
scouting and a possible call up.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/12/ ... es-chance/
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Crystal Palace First Team Goalkeeper Sends Message To Peseiro On Super Eagles Chance

Post by Tobi17 »

The more the merrier
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Crystal Palace First Team Goalkeeper Sends Message To Peseiro On Super Eagles Chance

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Palace becoming the first Epl club to an all black players since Arsenal in the 2000s lol.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Welcome to the Nigerian football family young man. with alacrity, report to the u20 camp . We will pay your flight ticket and bonus as funds become available.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Seems we have learnt nothing from fast tracking young and 'inexperienced' (number of professional games played) GKs to the SE.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

fabio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:11 am Seems we have learnt nothing from fast tracking young and 'inexperienced' (number of professional games played) GKs to the SE.
Ol boy you don't want to find solutions to the two baskets we currently have? Let them try him abeg. It will take a while for me to even look at Uzoho's face without getting annoyed.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Good development, at least hope still dey.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Should look at that Arsenal keeper too.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:43 am
fabio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:11 am Seems we have learnt nothing from fast tracking young and 'inexperienced' (number of professional games played) GKs to the SE.
Ol boy you don't want to find solutions to the two baskets we currently have? Let them try him abeg. It will take a while for me to even look at Uzoho's face without getting annoyed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

And this is the same logic that put us in our current predicament :roll: . Have you even watched him play or is it because he's at Crystal Palace? Someone that hasn't made a senior appearance at club level should be nowhere near a senior national team!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Lolly wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:29 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:45 pm
And this is the same logic that put us in our current predicament :roll: . Have you even watched him play or is it because he's at Crystal Palace? Someone that hasn't made a senior appearance at club level should be nowhere near a senior national team!
You are right but if we wait for him to become a superstar then he might decide he wants to play for Canada or England. I think we have to get the timing right. If he’s in the reserve team or academy, you wait, but if he’s promoted as a backup at the premier league level or starting week in and week out at the championship then you get him. I’m not a fan of capping young players and dumping them afterwards. With that said, I’m ok if we go after Aurthur Okonkwo. Uzoho and Okoye are beans.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

packerland wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:53 pm
You are right but if we wait for him to become a superstar then he might decide he wants to play for Canada or England. I think we have to get the timing right. If he’s in the reserve team or academy, you wait, but if he’s promoted as a backup at the premier league level or starting week in and week out at the championship then you get him. I’m not a fan of capping young players and dumping them afterwards. With that said, I’m ok if we go after Aurthur Okonkwo. Uzoho and Okoye are beans.
And how are you so sure he'll become this superstar? This was the same excuse used to justify calling up an Okoye not too long ago who way off the German YouthNT radars. We have our U20's and U23's where we can actually assess if he's even amongst our best in his age category there before jumping the gun
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We are discussing football development and not MILF hunting :laugh:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:18 pm
And how are you so sure he'll become this superstar? This was the same excuse used to justify calling up an Okoye not too long ago who way off the German YouthNT radars. We have our U20's and U23's where we can actually assess if he's even amongst our best in his age category there before jumping the gun
Sunset

I agree with you. However, this guy is far advanced compared to where Okoye was when he was first called up by Nigeria. Just noting. Okoye was playing semi pro but because he was in Europe he became God-like.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:46 pm
Sunset

I agree with you. However, this guy is far advanced compared to where Okoye was when he was first called up by Nigeria. Just noting. Okoye was playing semi pro but because he was in Europe he became God-like.
Not exactly semi-pro, Okoye was playing in the German 4th division for Dusseldorf's B team which is far tougher level than playing in Premier League 2 for Palace's U21 team
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:28 am The more the merrier
How good is he, please?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:11 am Seems we have learnt nothing from fast tracking young and 'inexperienced' (number of professional games played) GKs to the SE
Ol boy you don't want to find solutions to the two baskets we currently have? Let them try him abeg. It will take a while for me to even look at Uzoho's face without getting annoyed
Hmm, oh yeah? I wonder why looking at Uzoho's face annoy you. Could you please say why?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

fabio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:21 pm
We are discussing football development and not MILF hunting :laugh:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I don’t know. What I’m saying is that we have to get the timing right. He can be drafted in the u-20/u-23 but our handlers have to know when to cap him. For every Okoye that flamed out you have the Alaba’s that shone. Don’t forget that Alaba was begging to play for us at one point when he was not well known.