SE performing 11 Today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE performing 11 Today

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Based on performance, playing consistently, need and fit with the team, I think this is our best PERFORMING 11 today. Performing means players who are playing regularly, performing well and are regular starters for their team in the same position they would play for SE. No conversion of position, No hoping that a player would do well. 443 is the only formation we’ll consider for this topic. Also, no FB Who hasn’t committed to Nigeria.

UZOHO

EBUEHI TROOST BASSEY ZAIDU

ONYEDIKA NWAKALI

IWOBI

CHUKWUEZE LOOKMAN

OSHIMEN
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: SE performing 11 Today

Post by Tobi17 »

Troost Ekong...LMAOO
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:11 am Troost Ekong...LMAOO

Is there a right sided CB playing in a better league playing better and regularly? Btw, Adarabioyo,doesn’t count because he hasn’t publicly announced he’s switching to SE . This is about the players we have already.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:24 am

Is there a right sided CB playing in a better league playing better and regularly? Btw, Adarabioyo,doesn’t count because he hasn’t publicly announced he’s switching to SE . This is about the players we have already.
Bruno Onyemaechi?

Olisa Ndah?

Even Bassey is picking up form at Ajax and played a blinder yesterday in the Europa league game.

Heck I'll even pick Awaziem ahead of Ekong, and this is no disrespect to Ekong cause he has been a solid servant to the national team, but he's just too slow for the pace of the game, we need fast ball playing defenders that won't play useless speculative passes into opposition territory and put us under pressure. Nigerians should move on from the Ekong, Musa/Simon generation already, at the very worst we hope and pray Tosin is cleared for Nigeria, or maybe we unearth one or two gems from the current U20 team.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:02 am

Bruno Onyemaechi?

Olisa Ndah?

Even Bassey is picking up form at Ajax and played a blinder yesterday in the Europa league game.

Heck I'll even pick Awaziem ahead of Ekong, and this is no disrespect to Ekong cause he has been a solid servant to the national team, but he's just too slow for the pace of the game, we need fast ball playing defenders that won't play useless speculative passes into opposition territory and put us under pressure. Nigerians should move on from the Ekong, Musa/Simon generation already, at the very worst we hope and pray Tosin is cleared for Nigeria, or maybe we unearth one or two gems from the current U20 team.
I forgot about Bassey. Who,is Onyemachi and where does he play? This is not about potential, it’s all about who’s playing at the highest level regularly. It’s a PERFORMING thread.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:17 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:02 am

Bruno Onyemaechi?

Olisa Ndah?

I forgot about Bassey. Who,is Onyemachi and where does he play? This is not about potential, it’s all about who’s playing at the highest level regularly. It’s a PERFORMING thread.
Bruno plays for Boavista in Portugal and is a top player, I believe he was invited for the friendly matches we played last but never got to play, he's also versatile and can play as a Right back

I know performance is important, but we've seen enough of Ekong to know what he is all about, we will always concede useless goals against any team we face if we keep playing the likes of Ekong, let's take risks at this point and try new options...what do we stand to lose at this point?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Seems like Ekong is out for the rest of the season after suffering an injury in his club's last match.
I am happy
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Semi Ajayi has always been better than Troost Ekong, but for an unkown reason he has never been considered.

In terms of players that we still don' t have, i really hope Adarabioyo and Torunarigha switch their nationality and become elegible for Nigeria. Also Okoli would be a great addition, but he seems more unlikely at the moment.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bruno holding his own as a LB for Boavista vs Benfica
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

txj wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:48 pm Bruno holding his own as a LB for Boavista vs Benfica
:agree:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:19 pm
txj wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:48 pm Bruno holding his own as a LB for Boavista vs Benfica
:agree:
I told EMIR about Bruno Onyemaechi when he was busy promoting washed up players like Ekong in his line up.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Justice.

PK saved by Boavista.

still tied 1-1

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bruno dishing bitterness to sleepy eyed Neres

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ramos breaks thru
2-1 Benfica

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Poor defending from Vincent Sasson..

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He needs to leave Boavista. I hope he gets a better club soon.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

pindal123 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:24 am
Semi Ajayi has always been better than Troost Ekong, but for an unkown reason he has never been considered.

In terms of players that we still don' t have, i really hope Adarabioyo and Torunarigha switch their nationality and become elegible for Nigeria. Also Okoli would be a great addition, but he seems more unlikely at the moment.
Seems like he’s no longer a regular starter for WBA. This thread is for players that are starting, performing and do not need a nationality switch.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:02 am Seems like he’s no longer a regular starter for WBA. This thread is for players that are starting, performing and do not need a nationality switch.
Remember that Troost Ekong was playing regurarly for Super Eeagles even when he wasn't a starter at Watford.

Anyway it's a shame that Ajayi is not a regular starter at WBA, especially because his place has been taken by the 34 years old Erik Pieters whose natural position is LB and not a CB. Imho Ajayi is a better CB than him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:07 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:02 am Seems like he’s no longer a regular starter for WBA. This thread is for players that are starting, performing and do not need a nationality switch.
Remember that Troost Ekong was playing regurarly for Super Eeagles even when he wasn't a starter at Watford.

Anyway it's a shame that Ajayi is not a regular starter at WBA, especially because his place has been taken by the 34 years old Erik Pieters whose natural position is LB and not a CB. Imho Ajayi is a better CB than him.
Both Troost-Ekong and Ajayi need to be respected but are no longer at the level required for our Super Eagles.
‘Levels’ don change and they need to remain within touching distance of Osimhen.
He is not waiting for anybody….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:04 pm Both Troost-Ekong and Ajayi need to be respected but are no longer at the level required for our Super Eagles.
‘Levels’ don change and they need to remain within touching distance of Osimhen.
Troost Ekong has been no longer at SE level for a while, but i disagree for Ajayi who has preformed well.
Btw what has Osimhen to do with them? They play in different positions, and you can't pretend to have world class players in every role. :laugh:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:18 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:04 pm Both Troost-Ekong and Ajayi need to be respected but are no longer at the level required for our Super Eagles.
Troost Ekong has been no longer at SE level for a while, but i disagree for Ajayi who has preformed well.
Btw what has Osimhen to do with them? They play in different positions, and you can't pretend to have world class players in every role. :laugh:
You can’t have world class players in every role, I agree totally.
That’s why I said we need players that are “within touching distance” of him.
We need more than ‘just okay’ players and Osimhen is living proof that players can aspire to be some of the best in the world.

I disagree on Ajayi though.
I think he is a ‘just okay’ player.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:50 pm
pindal123 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:18 pm
You can’t have world class players in every role, I agree totally.
That’s why I said we need players that are “within touching distance” of him.
We need more than ‘just okay’ players and Osimhen is living proof that players can aspire to be some of the best in the world.

I disagree on Ajayi though.
I think he is a ‘just okay’ player.

Ajayi no be am. Awaziem I'd the better option if Troost isn't available, even Omeruo better pass Ajayi.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Peseiro is trying to convince the likes of Felix Uduokhai, Torunarigha and Caleb Okoli to switch to Nigeria before the AFCON, right now only Awaziem is the CB playing regular minutes at his club, and to a lesser extent Bassey...that's truly worrying.