Samuel Chukwueze Play-by-Play Analysis | Nigeria 0-1 Guinea-Bissau | AFCON 2023 Qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Samuel Chukwueze Play-by-Play Analysis | Nigeria 0-1 Guinea-Bissau | AFCON 2023 Qualifiers

Post by Jmal »

chuks69
Egg
Egg
Re: Samuel Chukwueze Play-by-Play Analysis | Nigeria 0-1 Guinea-Bissau | AFCON 2023 Qualifiers

Post by chuks69 »

Peserio should have used Osayi Samuel to feed Osimhem in the box..We need someone to make those crosses for osimhem on the right and left..
afc##
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Samuel Chukwueze Play-by-Play Analysis | Nigeria 0-1 Guinea-Bissau | AFCON 2023 Qualifiers

Post by maceo4 »

chuks69 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:48 pm Peserio should have used Osayi Samuel to feed Osimhem in the box..We need someone to make those crosses for osimhem on the right and left..
That’s actually not a bad idea…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Jmal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:23 pm
Who is this self-appointed analyst? Vancity? Txj?? His analysis is quite a bit off kilter🤔❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Maybe it’s time to move him to the left wing where he can be of better use as a provider. 1mplayers should be messing up so many chances like that.
OCCUPY NFF!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

This is quite interesting. Not sure if the focus is totally fair but what was obvious to me in this game was ...his passing could have been better from a "Weighting" perspective. Sometimes too heavy - hard for the receiver to control or not the optimal kind (where a grounder will be best but he passed the ball in the air that then required the receiver to take two moves to shoot; or control and shoot). I though that weigting of some of his and a few others passing was more an issue vs how he cuts
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Samuel = kelechi, same difference
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Jmal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:23 pm
Dude was on point with his analysis.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I didn’t watch the game but from the clip, it seems Chukwueze’s main challenge is not having a lot of history playing with Osayi and Osimhen at senior level. That stuff can be easily fixed.

But the guy that posted the video seems to be criticizing Chukwueze for being left footed. I mean, that’s a waste of time. He is who he is. We know who he is. It’s up to the coach to figure out how best to use him.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

deanotito wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:56 am I didn’t watch the game but from the clip, it seems Chukwueze’s main challenge is not having a lot of history playing with Osayi and Osimhen at senior level. That stuff can be easily fixed.

But the guy that posted the video seems to be criticizing Chukwueze for being left footed. I mean, that’s a waste of time. He is who he is. We know who he is. It’s up to the coach to figure out how best to use him.
Wrong! At the level of competition he plays, coaches and teams expect a better result. All,players are either right or left footed. Fluffing hard earned opportunities because he can’t use his right foot is not acceptable. Those chances are worth millions. Imagine if he made the same mistakes in a CL final. Seems to me that Chukwueze might not be working hard enough of his weaknesses.
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

And some self acclaimed analysis were saying Osimehn had a bad game! Look how many intelligent runs he made that were ignored. The coach is to blame for this. Maybe it will be better to use Chukwueze in a deeper position.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Like I mentioned the GB players and coach are not given enough credit, the way they were marking Chukwueze from the left side, you could tell they did their homework and studied his game
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:56 am I didn’t watch the game but from the clip, it seems Chukwueze’s main challenge is not having a lot of history playing with Osayi and Osimhen at senior level. That stuff can be easily fixed.

He’s a Ghanaian self-appointed pundit. He follows the SE a lot and is making a name for himself.
I don’t think he is targeting Chukwueze in particular. He does all sorts of analyses on teams, players and games.

I think he was fair. I totally agree with your point on Chukwueze and Osayi-Samuel needing to get familiar.
He was focussing almost solely on Osimhen.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Chukwueze should study Saka, who also likes to cut in on to his stronger left foot. The difference is the end product.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:38 am Chukwueze should study Saka, who also likes to cut in on to his stronger left foot. The difference is the end product.
:agree: :agree:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:38 am Chukwueze should study Saka, who also likes to cut in on to his stronger left foot. The difference is the end product.
Saka drives down that line if that’s what he’s given by the defender. Samu didn’t vary his approach at all and kept cutting back. Weird thing is I’ve seen him drive down the line for his club, he doesn’t just cut back all the time. His decision making was very poor also at this level and the execution/weight of his passes left a lot to be desired. E get as e be with these our so called professional players, who play one thing for their club then play differently (dumber) for SE…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I haven't been watching much of Villareal, but I thought he was in good form. That was a piss poor performance. Like Mace04 said, perhaps we should start accepting that certain players will only be club guys. I can't believe the rubbish I saw from him and Moses Simon. It was like watching two secondary school players.