Nigeria VS. Morocco - TotalEnergies AFCONU17 2023

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria VS. Morocco - TotalEnergies AFCONU17 2023

Post by Lolly »

FT.

The boys tried but you can see their schoolboy football.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The NFF need to overhaul the coaching crew and bring in talent coaches with fresh ideas. That number 20 for Nigeria doesn’t look 17
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:54 pm Na real huff & puff team I saw it from the first game
This is a lie, they cant finish, but are definitely not a huff and puff team. They are players with good ball control and good passing and movement. Our last U-20 team was huff and puff. This team just needs more finishers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:54 pm Na real huff & puff team I saw it from the first game
Nigerian coaches tend to select U17 players who can run and have stamina above technical skills. I noticed the Zambians were a bit neater on the ball than us, but we were slightly faster and more physical than them.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

lacidi wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:38 pm Why do they keep tripping over the ball?
Bro, I was wondering the same thing… :lol:
Was going to blame the pitch, but the Moroccans didn’t seem to be tripping.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:59 pm
Nigerian coaches tend to select U17 players who can run and have stamina above technical skills. I noticed the Zambians were a bit neater on the ball than us, but we were slightly faster and more physical than them.
Most of the boys have BOTH technical skills AND stamina…
But, as Ndidi noted in a UK Guardian piece, Ugbade loves players with a high work-rate.

Also, the Zambians were definitely MORE physical than the Eaglets…
Nonetheless, if you’re seeking a coach who rates “stamina above technical skills”, look no further than Randy Waldrum!
Last edited by Gotti on Wed May 03, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Na wah, how come all Nigerian teams play the same way? Zero creativity and over reliance on individual ability.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

gochino wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:07 pm Na wah, how come all Nigerian teams play the same way? Zero creativity and over reliance on individual ability.
You clearly watched a different team or game…
For the record, we were the team in the green uniforms. :P
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:57 pm
This is a lie, they cant finish, but are definitely not a huff and puff team. They are players with good ball control and good passing and movement. Our last U-20 team was huff and puff. This team just needs more finishers.
Exactly! Clearly one who watched (and understood) the game…
Huff and puff teams were the dross routinely put out by Rohr and Waldrum (sans the last game vs NZ).

PS: Btw, the FE was certainly not a huff and puff team in that drubbing of Tunisia (or at WAFU B).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:15 pmThe same guy Tochukwu Ogboji (5) that I called out in the first game just scored an own goal for Morocco. Ugbade finally came to his senses by substituting Ogbadibo (18) at the beginning of the second half.
Shocker! A defender scored an OG…
FIFA must be made aware of this aberration.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:20 pm
iworo wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:15 pmThe same guy Tochukwu Ogboji (5) that I called out in the first game just scored an own goal for Morocco. Ugbade finally came to his senses by substituting Ogbadibo (18) at the beginning of the second half.
Shocker! A defender scored an OG…
FIFA must be made aware of this aberration.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:02 pm
lacidi wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:38 pm Why do they keep tripping over the ball?
Bro, I was wondering the same thing… :lol:
Was going to blame the pitch, but the Moroccans didn’t seem to be tripping.
Overeagerness.

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:57 pm
How about set plays? They wasted everyone and they won a lot of free kicks. Not one of those set plays looked like they had been practiced. Is playing a football match simply about ball control passing & movement???! They were clueless in front of goal. In the last match they missed a penalty for goodness sake

This Coach has paid no attention to set plays or finishing it never ends well with teams like this.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I watched a lovely game.
The boys have nothing to be overly disappointed about.

Kudos to the Moroccans. Well played.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:05 pmHow about set plays? They wasted everyone and they won a lot of free kicks. Not one of those set plays looked like they had been practiced. Is playing a football match simply about ball control passing & movement???! They were clueless in front of goal. In the last match they missed a penalty for goodness sake

This Coach has paid no attention to set plays or finishing it never ends well with teams like this.
The same kid ‘wasting’ set plays today was the same player who scored 3 set-play goals at WAFU B…
Meanwhile, by your logic Mo Salah has already missed 3 penalty-kicks this season, so what does Klopp do in training?!

As the late great Keshi would say, “dat’s football…”! We regroup and go again.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:42 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:05 pmHow about set plays? They wasted everyone and they won a lot of free kicks. Not one of those set plays looked like they had been practiced. Is playing a football match simply about ball control passing & movement???! They were clueless in front of goal. In the last match they missed a penalty for goodness sake

The same kid ‘wasting’ set plays :biggrin: today was the same player who scored 3 set-play goals at WAFU B…
Meanwhile, by your logic Mo Salah has already missed 3 penalty-kicks this season, so what does Klopp do in training?!

As the late great Keshi would say, “dat’s football…”! We regroup and go again.
This is very funny ‘what does Klopp do in training’

The kid that wasted set plays today that scored 3 set-plays at WAFU must been practicing before and during the WAFU tournament & now thinks he has arrived and has stopped practicing because nobody can convince me that what I witnessed today was as a result of practicing the art.

A person with high blood should not watch this team😎
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:57 pm The NFF need to overhaul the coaching crew and bring in talent coaches with fresh ideas. That number 20 for Nigeria doesn’t look 17
Just because they lost their 1st competitive match? What an unfortunate statement.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We lost this game because we were jinxed by the Op. Any game thread he opens involving any Nigerian team , we lose or draw .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

All I can say is, we need sharpshooters in front, at least two better finishers and we can improve our odds. Coach Ugbade has his work cut out for him. The boys need better instructions upfront.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Good news is that the team play good possession football and can at least create goal scoring chances, problem is we just lack clinical finishers (which is surprising cause Nigeria traditionally always produces top to decent level strikers at all levels). Fix the finishing issues upfront and we should beat South Africa.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cellular wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:32 pm I watched a lovely game.

I thought I was the only one. People are so impatient when it comes to building a team that they want to fire the coach of the U17 team after the 2nd game of a tournament. When are they suppose to learn and grow?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:24 am

I thought I was the only one. People are so impatient when it comes to building a team that they want to fire the coach of the U17 team after the 2nd game of a tournament. When are they suppose to learn and grow?
Nobody wants Mr. Ugbade sacked; we would wish he fixes the attacking forward and produce at least two stickers upfront.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Igugu wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:32 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:24 am

Nobody wants Mr. Ugbade sacked; we would wish he fixes the attacking forward and produce at least two stickers upfront.
Are there better U17 strikers in Nigeria than the ones he has? How exactly does a coach “produce” a striker ? All he can do is work with the players he has and get best out of them. This is what happens when you don’t have a decent developmental program for youth players. You get players who are talented but still lack in critical aspects of the game. The one thing that I see in this team and all our teams is that we lack players who know how to strike the ball properly with their preferred foot and even worse with the weaker foot.
OCCUPY NFF!!