NFF President Speaks on Public Poll on Peseiro's Tenure & the Future

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF President Speaks on Public Poll on Peseiro's Tenure & the Future

Post by Enugu II »

I like the fact that the NFF is thinking out-of-the-box here and not merely copying what others have/are doing. Purt out feelers to the public and do a full analysis of NT management -- results, costs, etc.
NFF president Ibrahim Gusau responds to social media poll on Peseiro’s future
https://soccernet.ng/2023/06/nff-presid ... uture.html
Ayomide Oguntimehin by Ayomide Oguntimehin 2 hours ago

Jose Peseiro’s contract with the Nigerian Super Eagles will soon expire, yet after nine games, he has won four and lost five, leaving his future uncertain

The President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Ibrahim Gusau, has disclosed that the football governing body intends to seek the opinion of the public to determine the future of coach Jose Peseiro, Soccernet.ng reports.

In an effort to involve Nigerians in the decision-making process, the NFF plans to conduct a social media and SMS poll.

Confirming the reports during an interview on the Gbamm! LovingFootball™ Show, Gusau emphasized the NFF’s commitment to hearing the views of the Nigerian public regarding the coach’s future.

The federation has previously employed both foreign and domestic coaches but encountered challenges with each selection.

Gusau acknowledged the possibility of not finding the right person for the role, prompting the NFF to consider public input.

“We have that plan to push it to Nigerians and to hear their views [about the decision],” Gusau stated. “We tried the foreign coaches and also the home-based coaches, and it seems all were having some kind of problems. But maybe we did not get it right in the area of getting the right person [for the role]. But we are surely going to push it to the public whether to continue with Peseiro or let him go.”

In addition to soliciting opinions on Peseiro’s future, the NFF intends to gauge public sentiment on the idea of appointing a Nigerian coach.

“And on the question of going for an indigenous coach, we are still going to push that to Nigerians. on the phone, to tell us ‘Do you think going for a Nigerian coach would be best for Nigeria? then we would look at it as a board and come out with a decision.” he added.

The move to involve the public in making this significant decision is suggested to demonstrate the NFF’s commitment to transparency and ensure that the interests of Nigerian football fans are considered.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF President Speaks on Public Poll on Peseiro's Tenure & the Future

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Clowns
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Yes they are clowns.

What serious organization consults public opinion when making decisions. They are not professionals, a bunch of backwards goat herders.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:26 am :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Clowns
Nna, I don't know what to say.
This must be a joke or somn.

Hire a personnel recruiter to give you a shortlist of candidates that fit what you are looking for.
Me, personally, I will keep hiring local coaches until I get the right one.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Like I said before, we will be wish Uncle Pinnick had remained as President for life by the time this Ja-Rule looking clown is done with us.
Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:40 am

Hire a personnel recruiter to give you a shortlist of candidates that fit what you are looking for.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:43 am Like I said before, we will be wish Uncle Pinnick had remained as President for life by the time this Ja-Rule looking clown is done with us.
Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:40 am

Tufiakwa! :veryangry:
Back to sender! :curse:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Here we go again with our NFF resident fool :lol: :lol:! Great idea :clap: , but we should try the idea first with his own position (NFF President). Instead of the current process whereby few corrupt individuals are electing NFF President for the country, he should poll the public:wink:. What a smartass :veryangry: :???:!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

iworo wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:56 am Here we go again with our NFF resident fool :lol: :lol:! Great idea :clap: , but we should try the idea first with his own position (NFF President). Instead of the current process whereby few corrupt individuals are electing NFF President for the country, he should poll the public:wink:. What a smartass :veryangry: :???:!
Yes we should poll on his support

Poll on Musas continued inclusion

Poll on homebased forced on the team

Let's do those first, then we can Poll on Peseiro
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nothing more to add... they are not smart, if they choose to use a pathetic public poll to hire a coach .. smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:08 am
nothing more to add... they are not smart, if they choose to use a pathetic public poll to hire a coach .. smh
Shebi you’ve been calling for a local coach abi. You should be happy that you’ll finally get to have a say on the next coach. You have 2 options. Press 1 for 5yrs failure or Press 2 for 10yrs of failure.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Clowns will be clowns.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Can't one of you guys run for NFF president since you think you're smarter? Internet and CE forum intelligentisia 😂
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

iworo wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:56 am Here we go again with our NFF resident fool :lol: :lol:! Great idea :clap: , but we should try the idea first with his own position (NFF President). Instead of the current process whereby few corrupt individuals are electing NFF President for the country, he should poll the public:wink:. What a smartass :veryangry: :???:!
My immediate thoughts! :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Poll on whether to keep the coach. Sounds ridiculous to me.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No, you can't, just like you can't run successfully to be the President of Nigeria. The positions are rigged for criminals. You should be laughing at the fact that you don't know that. To run for NFF President you have to be a chairman of a state FA. To be a state FA chairman, a criminal Governor has to appoint you to the position. So you tell us, how can one of us run for NFF president position?
highbury wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:36 am Can't one of you guys run for NFF president since you think you're smarter? Internet and CE forum intelligentisia 😂
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Morons
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I actually like the move.

This is the classic 'trial balloon' that many institutions and companies use but out in the open. You engage to find out public opinion and use that information to act. It does not mean the opinion does the hiring.

Over the years, Nigeria has vacillitating in terms of hiring local and going foreign. IMO, the results does not indicate that a difference exists in that divide. In essence, the difference must exist using some other variable that isn't clear. However, NFF clearly is not investing in locating that deciding variable but want to continue to use the simpler but unclear divide -- foreign v local. LOL. Therefore, why not cheerily seek the public opinion on this? Afterall, if it fails you can site the public backing.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:22 pm I actually like the move.

This is the classic 'trial balloon' that many institutions and companies use but out in the open. You engage to find out public opinion and use that information to act. It does not mean the opinion does the hiring.

Over the years, Nigeria has vacillitating in terms of hiring local and going foreign. IMO, the results does not indicate that a difference exists in that divide. In essence, the difference must exist using some other variable that isn't clear. However, NFF clearly is not investing in locating that deciding variable but want to continue to use the simpler but unclear divide -- foreign v local. LOL. Therefore, why not cheerily seek the public opinion on this? Afterall, if it fails you can site the public backing.

Surely you cannot be serious!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Stupid idea. This is not some reality TV show where you call on the public to vote. The opinion of the ordinary emotional football supporters has no value and shouldn’t even be sought.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Frankly what I read from this is that the NFF doesn't want to take responsibility for their decisions. They can deflect the blame for anything going wrong on to THE PUBLIC.

Downright pathetic. In fact I am sure they won't even look at the poll results to make their decisions, those are already decided, but again this is an attempt to divert blame and responsibility from themselves. That's what crooks do.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:49 pm

Surely you cannot be serious!
You’d be surprised that he’s very serious!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:18 pm Frankly what I read from this is that the NFF doesn't want to take responsibility for their decisions. They can deflect the blame for anything going wrong on to THE PUBLIC.

Downright pathetic. In fact I am sure they won't even look at the poll results to make their decisions, those are already decided, but again this is an attempt to divert blame and responsibility from themselves. That's what crooks do.
KPOM. It is called flying a kite and a well known strategy used in public communication. Nothing new. The only surprising stuff here is that NFF is doing it in the open
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I hope they will be extending the same public social media poll when selecting the NFF leadership 😄